Master and slave Relationships

Dom/me, sub, swtich or undecided? Bring your kinky ideas in here!
BoundHart
Unfettered Newbie

Master and slave Relationships

Unread post by BoundHart »

Hello everyone,

I don't post much, but I felt like I needed to. I am a submissive looking for a Dom or Master. I am also a hopeless romantic. Most don't think that can be paired with BDSM let alone a Master and slave relationship. Am I the only one that finds a deep romantic factor to relationships of this nature? A sophisticated Master that knows what he/she wants that has a strict but loving nature is beautiful to me. The deep intimate trust and connection a Master and slave shares runs deep. I could think this because I really have never had a Master. I could just have this fantasy built up in my head that is no where near what a real Master and slave relationship is. I researched and read Master and slave etiquette and find a old world charm to it but I find that most people don't follow those rules anymore. When I address a Master or Mistress as a submissive I address them as Sir/Ma'am out of respect. Most when I do this automatically assume that I have told them I am theirs. I am a firm believer that the title does not give them respect they earn it. Is this the wrong way to think? Is old Master and slave etiquette dead? It is too much for me to ask for a Master that respects me and is humbled by me because of the devotions and trust I give him/her? A Master is suppose to know what is best and protect his/her slave even if it is from themselves. This is just my rant. I am very frustrated as a sub/slave at how so called Masters are treating people that claim to be subs/slaves. What is the forums take on all of this? Are my thoughts valid, or do my words fall of deaf ears?

Bests

V
Gender is just an identity.
Transgender (FtM PreOp)
Pansexual
Switch

Switch_Cardinal
Unfettered Newbie

Re: Master and slave Relationships

Unread post by Switch_Cardinal »

Boundheart, you are not alone. I too am a hopeless romantic, and it really is tough to find the right person that can fulfill your desire and deserve to do so. While i do not have an answer for how it may be possible, i can still show you something that, while possibly false, has given me hope. What i am refering to is the graphic novel "sunstone". I have a feeling that you will find it very interesting, and i hope that it gives you the same hope that it gave me.

boundBinder
Strict Strappado

Unread post by boundBinder »

Switch_Cardinal wrote:Boundheart, you are not alone. I too am a hopeless romantic, and it really is tough to find the right person that can fulfill your desire and deserve to do so. While i do not have an answer for how it may be possible, i can still show you something that, while possibly false, has given me hope. What i am refering to is the graphic novel "sunstone". I have a feeling that you will find it very interesting, and i hope that it gives you the same hope that it gave me.

Hear hear... a wonderful read...Far and away superior to that Twilight Fanfic trash that just got a movie...

Switch_Cardinal
Unfettered Newbie

boundBinder wrote: Hear hear... a wonderful read...
It really is. I binge read them and am in withdraw wating for the next installment

BoundHart
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by BoundHart »

Well then I need to check this out right away. It sounds awesome.
Gender is just an identity.
Transgender (FtM PreOp)
Pansexual
Switch

boundBinder
Strict Strappado

Unread post by boundBinder »

BoundHart wrote:Well then I need to check this out right away. It sounds awesome.
I cannot recommend it highly enough. It's mostly women being bound, as the main characters are female, and I will admit to reading them for that reason, but the storyline underlying the fetish art is one that rings near to my heart. Nebezai/shiniez(a.k.a. Stjepan Sejic) also does one called "Death Vigil" which has nothing to do with bondage, but is REALLY cool.

robin_esperoza
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by robin_esperoza »

I think this post touches upon something interesting. It seems to me that the master/servant relationship is different to different people. Please mind I do not make a hierarchy in these, merely trying to indicate some differences.

I think for some people bondage is much about fulfilling sexual pleasures. If it is merely sexual the 'earned trust' might be less of a deal. Naturally a master always needs to respect the boundaries, but this remains part of the sexual realm. Following this logic a master has every reason to expect that a person is 'his' or 'hers' when he is called sir/madam because it is only for the duration of the sexual activity.

When bondage is used in a more romantic/relational setting I feel that it is more important that a master earns his trust. My boy, for instance, likes me to control various elements of his life, including his finances and social relationships. If I would not be a good master it would affect various aspects of his life. I do not think good etiquette is dead. Relationships like these can exist, but require much time to grow and require devotion of both sides. Naturally finding such a partner is difficult, I would perhaps search for a 'daddy Dom' maybe.

Switch_Cardinal
Unfettered Newbie

boundBinder wrote:
BoundHart wrote:Well then I need to check this out right away. It sounds awesome.
I cannot recommend it highly enough. It's mostly women being bound, as the main characters are female, and I will admit to reading them for that reason, but the storyline underlying the fetish art is one that rings near to my heart. Nebezai/shiniez(a.k.a. Stjepan Sejic) also does one called "Death Vigil" which has nothing to do with bondage, but is REALLY cool.

Does anyone know if there are any other Graphic Novels like Sunstone? I have been caught up in reading it for a while now and need something else to read while I wait for the next installment.