Bondage Furniture - North America

Dom/me, sub, swtich or undecided? Bring your kinky ideas in here!
twistedkinking
Unfettered Newbie

Bondage Furniture - North America

Unread post by twistedkinking »

I am in the midst of imagining and designing a custom piece of bondage furniture. I've put it together and, although functional, it doesn't really look up to par with what I had in mind. As aesthetics is an important part of bondage to me/us, I would like to have this piece of furniture replicated to give a better finished result.

The problem I encounter is that I am in Canada and, to my great surprise, after a few hours of scouring through the web, I found no bondage furniture manufacturers located anywhere near me or even in the northern states of the US. Let alone find one that is willing/interested in working on custom pieces.

For this reason, I am turning to the community! Does anyone know of a bondage furniture manufacturer that may be open to custom projects? If possible, a manufacturer located somewhere in the eastern half of Canada or north-eastern quarter of the US?

Hertoy
Chair Bound

Re: Bondage Furniture - North America

Unread post by Hertoy »

Perhaps posting a description of what you are looking for might help.
Mistress ! No ! Please ! Don't ! Stop !

justDIY
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by justDIY »

Have you tried contacting craftsman that advertise "custom woodworking"? Tell them whatever excuse makes you feel good, "it's for art, it's for a theater production, it's for a ren-fest, etc"... chances are if they're a high end furniture craftsman, they'll have had similar requests already.

RAE123
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by RAE123 »

I have done lots of bondage furniture in the past; I am some what retired at the present.
What are you looking for?
I am located North of Chicago, IL.
rae

twistedkinking
Unfettered Newbie

Thank you guys for you replies! Really appreciate it!

@Hertoy
You're right, I have to admit that with the level of detail I gave, my project could be almost anything. It's somewhat of a bondage chair that is tilted back and lifted fairly high off the ground. Right now it's a steel construction, however I am thinking that it would look more elegant built in leather and wood. I have high level design plan, however, I'm pretty sure it can be greatly improved by someone who has more experience with this sort of thing.

@justDIY
That's the plan B. However, as I mention above, I'm kind of hoping for someone who is willing to give feedback and improve the design rather than just implement it.

@RAE123
You've piqued my interest. What materials do you work with? What kind of work have you done in the past?

RAE123
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by RAE123 »

I use wood for the most part; some metal where needed.
I have a complete Cabinet Shop in my Basement, with over 40 years of experience.
I have built folding spanking horses, St Andrews Crosses, Cages, Stocks of all sorts,
Head Boxes (Like a Hood) just about everything one can dream up.
I even built a "Crate" for a person to put his wife in. Quite involved, with several
"Stocks to hold her in and special devices to be inserted in to her body.
Here is a picture of a cage made like a end table for the living room.
Rae
Attachments
horse4.jpg

twistedkinking
Unfettered Newbie

Well, it looks like you might be the solution to my problem! I'll PM you for the details.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Stahlketten »

RAE123 wrote:I have built folding spanking horses, St Andrews Crosses, Cages, Stocks of all sorts,
Head Boxes (Like a Hood) just about everything one can dream up.
Rae
Do you have any photographs of the Head Boxes and Stocks?
I am interested in building a few things along those lines (already have some simple stocks) but would appreciate ideas and hints from someone who has already done it.

For the Head Box, there needs to be some way for the victim to breathe but I would like to restrict sight as much as possible.
For Stocks, the hinge has always seemed to me to be the weak point because any reasonable sized hinge would still flex quite a lot when open. Do you have a solution to that?

Thanks.
- Stahlketten.

RAE123
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by RAE123 »

Yes:
For the stocks, they slide on large dowel rods, then lock with a hasp or
luggage lock with pad lock. No wiggle room.
As for the head box; it is filed with high density foam padding, and I
get a cheep snorkel tube with mouth piece.
You insert the mouth piece in mouth, bite down, forming a gag like
device, then hinge the box closed. and lock it.
No Sight, no sound, and plenty of air to breath, or to play hold your
breath with.
We have many proven ideas. :idea: :D
Rae

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

RAE123 wrote:As for the head box; it is filed with high density foam padding, and I
get a cheep snorkel tube with mouth piece.
You insert the mouth piece in mouth, bite down, forming a gag like
device, then hinge the box closed. and lock it.
No Sight, no sound, and plenty of air to breath, or to play hold your
breath with.
We have many proven ideas. :idea: :D
Rae
That head box sounds a bit more extreme than I would like to make.
My general preference for restraints is for them to be escape proof and somewhat restrictive but not so much so that there is no movement possible at all. I am thinking of something like "Man (or Woman) in the Iron Mask" but with restricted vision.
Have you ever built one that just locks on but doesn't have the padding or snorkel?

- Stahlketten.

RAE123
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by RAE123 »

Yes, I have built several head boxes that where just a box.
3 came back and wanted the padding; It just did not feel rite with out it.
2 said they liked it as it was built. The lose box on the head has a tendency to wiggle
around a lot, just not what they wanted. More people want the restricted senses
feeling, and the foam padding gives you that for sure.
Rae

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Perhaps I will also be of the same opinion, but I would like to try the simple idea first.
Adding padding that is not there probably is not as difficult as removing it after it has been attached.
The snorkel just doesn't seem like something I would like to include, so it will have to be regular breathing holes.
There are certainly more detail questions because I have not tried building this kind of thing before.
Materials, size, location of hardware, holes, etc.

Thanks.
- Stahlketten.

RAE123
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by RAE123 »

I use 3/4" plywood for the top, (Hinged section) and the Bottom (Neck Portion) for
strength. I use 1/2" plywood on the remainder sides. I use a Piano type hinge on
the top for added strength, and trunk type locks on the side for the locking of the
box. In general, the box is about 12" square, and the neck hole is made to size of the
intended person. Usually about 18" to 20", or bigger as the case may be. You do not
want it to fit tight. I also put an eye-bolt on the top for anchoring it to the ceiling.
Air holes can be put in the rear to cut down the light effect.
Hope this helps. :idea: ;) ;)
Rae