How involved in the bdsm community are you?

Dom/me, sub, swtich or undecided? Bring your kinky ideas in here!
One Pivot
Chair Bound

How involved in the bdsm community are you?

Unread post by One Pivot »

My sub/long term partner and I have been into it for some time now... But as life goes, finding time for kink has proven difficult. We play at home when we can. There's no munch attendance or anything like that.

Hows it go for everyone else? Very involved? New? Secret fantasy only?
See my handmade leather bondage gear here! https://www.etsy.com/shop/leatherbyonepivot

MsBehavin
Hopelessly Suspended

Re: How involved in the bdsm community are you?

Unread post by MsBehavin »

Myself and thisisabind are in a similar relationship... ie active when life allows and nothing munch-wise.

tiemeupalso
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by tiemeupalso »

i used t be but i moved and the nearest group is now 100 = miles round trip away.

One Pivot
Chair Bound

We have an absolutely huge community here, which would be great if we had more time! :lol:

I'd love to take an advanced rope class.
See my handmade leather bondage gear here! https://www.etsy.com/shop/leatherbyonepivot

Hertoy
Chair Bound

Unread post by Hertoy »

These days it's mostly private play. The Mrs is a former pro Domme and we used to do demonstrations on piercings and electroplay for select individuals, couples and small groups. On occasion she will instruct a curious potential femdomme and I get to be the training dummy but that's about it.
Mistress ! No ! Please ! Don't ! Stop !

tiemeupalso
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by tiemeupalso »

i was involved for a while but being a single male sub i found it to just be depressing because i felt left out.

One Pivot
Chair Bound

We get a rare free day tomorrow, so I signed us up for a rope class. I was hoping for something more advanced, or suspension based, but it'll be fun anyway. It's in kink.com's building (armory), which is a pretty fun place to be in general.

One Pivot
Chair Bound

I suppose I'll follow up.

The class was fun. I learned a few ties I hadn't thought about using, so that was pretty awesome. We had about 45 minutes of freeplay, and I got to tie my sub to all the furniture and tables in a fairly public setting, which was a first, and quite enjoyable for us both.

Secondly, it was at kink.com studios.. which is a huge castle fully converted to bondage. It's about 100,000 square feet of dungeon. It was interesting!

enigmaPOJ
Chair Bound

Unread post by enigmaPOJ »

My wife and I have been into the local scene for over 8 years and we usually play 1-2 times a months at dungeons, mostly in queer play spaces or an private dungeon we belong too with a small number of member. We also play with certain people and my wife isn't into rope or fireplay. Being in the NYC area, we have a lot of options.

We used to go to hotel events (like Black Rose, Winter Fire, Floating World, etc) but we just haven't had the time for those several day long events and we know a lot of the classes that are taught, but it's still great to meet up with friend and play in some really nice play spaces. I miss those, but right now we are saving money for other things I need next fall. (GCS Surgery, or at least what insurance isn't covering.)
Just a Geeky Kinky Girl