Youngsters on Bondage Websites Safe Play or No Play?

Dom/me, sub, swtich or undecided? Bring your kinky ideas in here!
napy666
Tightly Hogtied

Youngsters on Bondage Websites Safe Play or No Play?

Unread post by napy666 »

I am 29, and I am a member of the kinky website, Fetlife, as I am sure some of you are as well, if not know of the website. Anyway I have come across some youngsters 18-21 on Fetlife, and some have messaged me, wanting to role play, but I am 29, and playing with someone 18-21, just doesn't feel right, yes their age says they are an adult but still young, like a teenager I think. I would like to play but then again don't because I don't want to get reported and end up in jail because of a role play involving bondage. What do you think?

stephanie_cd
Forever Mummified

Re: Youngsters on Bondage Websites Safe Play or No Play?

Unread post by stephanie_cd »

Rules and laws about "adulthood" can vary by country or even region. Go read this wikipedia entry on "Age of Majority." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_majority

Just because you're an adult in your state, that doesn't mean that they're necessarily an adult in their part of the world.

If both parties are 21, you should be safe enough....

...but this is the INTERNET, where plenty of people lie about all kinds of things, including their ages. I've lost track of how many underage would-be members have registered here (by pretending to be 18+) and then been banned when they let their actual age slip out in one of their first posts. :P

Even if someone CLAIMS that they're 35, that's no guarantee that they're actually an adult.

You already seem to have plenty of other restrictions on your roleplay, so to be on the safe side, why not stay with 21 and over?

DarkLizerd
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by DarkLizerd »

OK... getting in to the (deep) grey area...
I don't think it matter "much" is sex is not involved...
BUT, when it goes to court, and it is her word against his...
Who will the judge and jury believe?
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...

tiemeupalso
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by tiemeupalso »

@dark,dont you know the male is always guilty until proven innocent.

infenron
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by infenron »

If you have message proof of them lying about their age I dont think anything can come of it if there is no actual play and only rp online. But make sure as Stephanie said about laws in their own country and counties.

Hertoy
Chair Bound

Unread post by Hertoy »

Internet is one thing, BUT if while online discussing activities of an adult nature one either slips up or proclaims they are a minor then all contact stops and a moderator needs to be notified. Personally after that I'd put the minor on the ignore list.

If meeting someone new in person I'd insist on seeing some form of ID.

Play safe.
Mistress ! No ! Please ! Don't ! Stop !

d3vious.g3nius
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by d3vious.g3nius »

In this day and age, you better try real damn hard to know the age of whomever you are playing with!
My Ex's cousin went away to a Federal prison for 3 years and is labeled a sex offender for LIFE! He had
no interaction with any person ;)

After that, I googled around and saw just how easy it is to be accused and convicted of such things.
- d.g
"I am not helpless, I'm simply restrained at the moment!"

napy666
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by napy666 »

Yeah I know crazy stuff can happen. I am not taking any chances lol.

ruru67
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by ruru67 »

Well, if you're not comfortable playing with them - for any reason - then don't. You don't owe them anything.

But since you're even raising the issue, you're at least considering it. If that's the case, then it comes down to whether you think they're mature enough both legally and in terms of how they come across to you. And if you've satisfied yourself that they are of legal age (check ID), then consider to what level you're prepared to play.

Interesting tidbit in NZ law: non-sexual BDSM play is not subject to a specified age of consent. That got tested in a Court of Appeal case involving BDSM a few years ago. That's not so say that age isn't a factor when considering the ability to consent - it obviously is - just that the definitions of minority in the bit of the Crimes Act that deal with sexual crimes do not apply to activity where there isn't a sexual dimension. (Obviously, where there is a sexual element to play, then those provisions do apply.) Of course I can't speak for other jurisdictions.