Equipment Storage?

Dom/me, sub, swtich or undecided? Bring your kinky ideas in here!
Mully
Unfettered Newbie

Equipment Storage?

Unread post by Mully »

Im trying to come up with a way to store our various bits and bobs (clamps, paddles, crops, shackles, ropes, dildos etc) where theyre relatively close at hand and easy to get to but out of sight and the prying eyes of our kids.
At the moment its mostly in a largish lockable box that slides out from under the bed but its kind of awkward getting it in and out and having to step over/around it when having a session.
I was thinking of making a opening picture thing for above the bedhead but it couldn't be any more than 2" deep so it would limit what could go in there a little.

Open to ideas however ridiculous they might sound please...

ducttapelover
Tightly Hogtied

Re: Equipment Storage?

Unread post by ducttapelover »

Me personally after basically some experiences of being discovered I don't even hide my stuff in my room I've actually kept it hidden in some bushes in a large plastic bag by a footpath just down the road from me and the bushes are fairly thick so it protects everything from the elements more or less. It must be a good place too coz 2 years I've done it for and it's never been discovered

As for what you can do which is something I've contemplated myself in the past, maybe keep it all locked in a suitcase or trunk under the bed as some suitcases hav a code instead of just zips

southern_sub_gurl
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by southern_sub_gurl »

Hi!

I've experienced a very similar issue before, and while you and I had similar initial solutions (building a faux front box on the wall above the bed), I abandoned the idea because I still couldn't store anything bulky, not to mention any clothes at all. What I came up with was making false bottoms for many drawers in the bedroom. I measured the inside of the drawer then cut pieces of thin sheets of plywood to those dimensions. Now I can hide as much as half that drawer volume under the plywood, and if I put vanilla clothing above the plywood, the casual observer only sees that if the drawer is opened. It would take an extremely observant individual to notice the drawer wasn't very deep, as well a very inquisitive one to investigate that observation any further. Anyway, it worked for me at one time and I hope it or some variation can work for you! Happy kinking!

Love,
Trish

MelbourneDom
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by MelbourneDom »

It is a problem with children.

I made bedside cabinets (about 750 tall and 500 square) and put a lock on the one on my side when I realised the children were of an age where they were liable to go "exploring" - that's children for you :)

However I am fairly sure the elder (but perhaps not the younger) did find the handcuffs and similar and, without doubt, correctly put 2 & 2 together as he aged... oh well... by the time they are grown they should be able to accept that parents are people too.

I don't like the cupboard/picture idea. It's too narrow, you'll need a lot of shelves in it, someone will bang their head on the door and "stuff" will be too easily knocked from the narrow shelves onto the tied person below - perhaps causing injury. I would not want a pair of handcuffs falling on to my face/head from 1m above!

If you are a firearms owner you could install another "gun safe" in a bedroom wardrobe and tell the children it's for ammunition storage (as required in Oz) - they won't get into that! :)

Otherwise how about putting swivel castors on your existing box in order that it may be easily rolled to the other side of the bedroom out of the way of the play space?

tiemeupalso
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by tiemeupalso »

a cedar chest at the end of the bed works great.

Mully
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Mully »

We don't have room for a chest at the end of the bed but there is room next to a wall for one. Hadnt even considered a chest as I was saving that spot for a couch/bench thing Im working on but that might have to be put somewhere else when finished.

I love the false bottom in the drawer idea.

Some great ideas there, many thanks.

Franzia
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Franzia »

If your "couch/bench thing" were to have an enclosed bottom with a drawer or two, there could be plenty of room in it.

tiemeupalso
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by tiemeupalso »

put some padding on the cedar chest and you have both a chest AND a bench.