Shoulder pain after spending a night in a neoprene sleepsack

Dom/me, sub, swtich or undecided? Bring your kinky ideas in here!
NeopreneFox
Unfettered Newbie

Shoulder pain after spending a night in a neoprene sleepsack

Unread post by NeopreneFox »

Hey everybody,

I recently got myself a neoprene sleepsack from xrubber which fits me perfectly fine. And as a bondage enthusiast, I wanted to spend a few nights in it and my boyfriend gave me the chance to do so. Long story short: After around 4 hours in both nights when I tried it, I woke up with harsh shoulder pain and couldn't fall back asleep so he had to unzip me :cry:
I don't think that it's a measurement problem since I feel extremely comfortable when I'm falling asleep or spending some time in it during a bondage session.
My question: Has anybody of you guys experienced the same problem or do you have any advise on how I could possibly avoid the pain? In my current situation I unfortunately can't imagine spending another night in it though I'd desperately like to. :(

Any anywer and hint is greatly appreciated! :)

RAE123
Tightly Hogtied

Re: Shoulder pain after spending a night in a neoprene sleep

Unread post by RAE123 »

I some times get the same results when I am wearing My Strait Jacket.
I found that if I take an Aspirin or something similar before I am strapped
in, it does help with the shoulder pain.
I believe it comes from your arms being in one position and close to your body
that bring's on the pain. I do know that over time, that too will dissipate.
Have fun and enjoy. ;)
Rae

southern_sub_gurl
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by southern_sub_gurl »

Hi NeopreneFox,

I have experienced this many times, whether its in a straitjacket, sleepsack, mummy wrap, or simply being tied and/or cuffed behind my back overnight. I totally agree with Rae about the Aspirin, it helps to have something that keeps joints from swelling from being in one position.

I once asked my wife to put me in a strict hogtie and "force" me to sleep in the position. After about 3 hours or so I woke up in some pretty intense pain, but I wouldn't dare ask her for release since I had been working so hard up to that point to get her into the dominant role. I knew if I said anything that made her think she actually hurt me it could be irreparable for future play. I stayed in the position for the rest of the night tossing and turning and trying to position myself so it wasn't so excruciating, with limited success. The next morning, after 7 hours in a tight hogtie, she untied me and I spent the next few hours trying to regain feeling in my joints and limbs. Based on my internet surfing I finally decided it was joint swelling that caused the pain from limbs being in one position. Now I take 2 Naproxen Sodium OR 3 Ibuprofen OR 2 Aspirin within 20 minutes of a session starting and then the pain is not an issue. Again in agreement with Rae, it seems as well that with repeated instances of the same session, I experience less and less discomfort. I hope this helps!

Love,
Trish

NeopreneFox
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by NeopreneFox »

Thanks a lot for your quick answers, Rae and Southern_Sub_Gurl!
So I guess it's just a common thing when you're in such a position. I'll try aspirin next time :) Repeating the process and taking preventive arrangements might be the way to go then.
I'm actually glad that I'm not the only who has to deal with that problem since I was already considering my sleepsack to be too slim in the shoulder part and thus being not suitable for me. At least, it seems that I got the right piece of equipment :)

tonyleeds
Tightly Hogtied

Re: Does sub-shop come alive or it's a scam?

Unread post by tonyleeds »

I love really tight pallet wrap mummification and sometimes I suffer shoulder pain after a session due, I think in the strain of trying to break out of the wrap which is very strong. Yes, I use scissors but it is quite difficult to reach at first especially if I have wrapped my arms individually first then wrapped them behind my back using the wardrobe method. lovely and tight but a devil to get out of alone

Area51
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Area51 »

I also get this spending the night in my self bondage straitjacket

One Pivot
Chair Bound

Unread post by One Pivot »

That may be nerve damage.

I wouldn't use any anti inflammatory before. After is ok, but the pain is sort of your body's way of letting you know something is wrong, you don't want to dampen that warning.

It also might be that you need to stretch more often! Try that as well, but do be mindful of pain.
See my handmade leather bondage gear here! https://www.etsy.com/shop/leatherbyonepivot