Different Preferences in Bondage

Dom/me, sub, swtich or undecided? Bring your kinky ideas in here!
Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Different Preferences in Bondage

Unread post by Stahlketten »

I have often wondered about the different preferences that we all have in bondage.
About the only common theme is that there needs to be some kind of "restraint" being used.
I call it "restraint" (emphasis on quotes) because for some people, a snap on hook or buckled strap is secure enough while for others, it has to be strong and completely inescapable.
For some people, they need to FEEL the grip of a strap or rope and not be able to move a muscle.
For others, a rope tied around their wrists is enough.

The idea for this subject came from a couple threads in the self bondage area.
One was about walking around the house and going about pretty much normal tasks while wearing leg irons.
Another thread that suggested this topic was about a bad mistake in self bondage that made the entire session last 2.5 hours.
Several other threads were accounts of such strenuous bondage that the lucky captive could not move any part of their body at all.

This makes me wonder when bondage is so complicate that it takes longer to put on than the rest of the session will last.
Does this make sense?

What do each of you think is absolutely required of a good bondage session?
The type of toys used?
The degree of restriction?
Something that must happen during the session?
The inability (or ability) to escape at any time?
The duration of the bondage session?

- Stahlketten.

tiemeupalso
Hopelessly Suspended

Re: Different Preferences in Bondage

Unread post by tiemeupalso »

to me selfbondage needs to be inescapable for a given period of time,whether it be known or not.i prefer steel over rope.
in bondage with another rope can be used and made inescapable.
mummification needs to be with another person.i have never found a way to properly do it to myself safely.

Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Jimdini »

Stahlketten wrote:What do each of you think is absolutely required of a good bondage session?
The type of toys used?
The degree of restriction?
Something that must happen during the session?
The inability (or ability) to escape at any time?
The duration of the bondage session?

- Stahlketten.
Strangely I find the answers vary. Sometimes I just like a short mild bondage, leather or steel handcuffs and possibly a gag, this can last any thing from a few minutes to a couple of hours.Other times a strict tight (and often complicated) tie, usually lasting about an hour (old age means my body starts to let me know it wants out a lot sooner than it used too!). The inability (virtually escapeproof) or ability(release mechanism readily to hand) to escape at any time varies.And even the use of toys is intermittent.
Never confuse your ambition with your abilitues, if you can't free yourself who will?

steellover
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by steellover »

Sometimes it isn't a matter of what you prefer but what you are capable of that determines the type and duration of bondage. I like steel and would prefer inescapable bondage with a key holder determining how and how long I was bound. However, I do not have a key holder or an emergency backup person so inescapable bondage is not an option. Also, I too am getting older and my body will definitely tell me when time is up or when a type of bondage just isn't going to happen. And then there is reality butting in and telling me it's time for work, cooking, shopping, laundry, etc. So I do what I can when I can in whatever manner I can and that has to be good enough.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

tiemeupalso wrote:to me selfbondage needs to be inescapable for a given period of time,whether it be known or not.i prefer steel over rope.
in bondage with another rope can be used and made inescapable.
mummification needs to be with another person.i have never found a way to properly do it to myself safely.
Rope has never had a great attraction for me and I am not really sure why. It is fine when that is all that is available and your partner wants to do a few really nice and naughty things to your bound body, but otherwise it doesn't appeal except as a change of pace from the usual.
I have no experience at all with mummification.

Jimdini wrote:Strangely I find the answers vary. Sometimes I just like a short mild bondage, leather or steel handcuffs and possibly a gag, this can last any thing from a few minutes to a couple of hours.Other times a strict tight (and often complicated) tie, usually lasting about an hour (old age means my body starts to let me know it wants out a lot sooner than it used too!). The inability (virtually escapeproof) or ability(release mechanism readily to hand) to escape at any time varies.And even the use of toys is intermittent.
My bondage sessions with my Jailer tend to be around two to four hours mostly because she gets involved in other things and that is a pretty typical time for tasks. It would be nice to have a more attentive Jailer, but we have what we have. The problem is that if there is something really uncomfortable, it doesn't get resolved quickly, but I suppose that is what "real" (involuntary) captivity is like. As we have gotten older, there are more things my Jailer is simply unwilling to do any more which is sad.

steellover wrote:Sometimes it isn't a matter of what you prefer but what you are capable of that determines the type and duration of bondage. I like steel and would prefer inescapable bondage with a key holder determining how and how long I was bound. However, I do not have a key holder or an emergency backup person so inescapable bondage is not an option. Also, I too am getting older and my body will definitely tell me when time is up or when a type of bondage just isn't going to happen. And then there is reality butting in and telling me it's time for work, cooking, shopping, laundry, etc. So I do what I can when I can in whatever manner I can and that has to be good enough.
It seems to me that your situation without a key holder isn't too bad off if you have a reliable release mechanism which you can't speed up. A key on a string held together with an ice cube sounds like it might work if it is hanging where you can't get to it while wearing your toys. It certainly is difficult to find blocks of time to remain restrained while neglecting other tasks.

I find that for me, a lot of the attraction of bondage is the psychology of being kept as a prisoner and unable to get free, so to really do things the way I want, I need a mischievous Jailer and my Jailer's approach is more along the lines of assisting in my self bondage game. There ARE times when she gets very creative and teases or "tortures" me, but those are quite rare.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

As I mentioned earlier, most of my bondage sessions are more like assisted self bondage and I am left unattended for 2-4 hours without knowing in advance how long the session will go. I can predict a little because there are usually things that must happen by a certain time and will end the session.

With this in mind, if you were given the following choices, which would you choose:
1. Transport chains - Handcuffs attached to waist and leg irons and a steel collar.
2. Leg irons attached to an immovable object. Sometimes there are matching cuffs on wrists and sometimes not.
3. Stretched by bilboes on wrists and ankles attached to a bar.
4. Medieval style shackles on wrists, ankles and neck locked on with padlocks.
5. Wrists and ankles chained to a bar in a locked closet.

tiemeupalso
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by tiemeupalso »

6.alll of the above.

chel68
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by chel68 »

I read a quote (sorry, can't reference to it as I don't remember where):

"It ain't bondage until you want to get out"

That sums it up pretty good for me - you shouldn't be able to get out on your own, even if you want to.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Once you are in the bilboes, it doesn't really matter what else is put on because the bilboes alone are enough to keep a prisoner pretty much helpless. The longest I have been in them is a bit over 3 hours and it was getting boring and uncomfortable after about 45 minutes.
A piece of EMT is what keeps the bilboes separated and it is uncomfortable to lie on.
Flipping over is a relief only for a little while because then the EMT is holding ankles and wrists off the floor and that gets uncomfortable pretty fast also at which point you can strain to flip back over and the cycle begins again.

You really can't wear all the toys at the same time because some keep hands and feet pretty close together and other hold them separated. I think the separated positions are less comfortable to be in if the session is more than an hour or so.

So many difficult choices!

Hertoy
Chair Bound

Unread post by Hertoy »

I prefer leather wrist & ankle cuffs. The set we have features locking buckles and has "D" rings which may be fastened to steel rings on our bed or to eyebolts on the torture table in the playroom. At times my movements may be restricted by short lengths of chain padlocked to my ankle cuffs and sometimes to the wrist cuffs also.

Other times she has me wear a wide leather belt which buckles in back and has three "D" rings, one on each side and another in front. The leather is more comfortable for the longer sessions my wife prefers to subject me to.
Mistress ! No ! Please ! Don't ! Stop !

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

chel68 wrote:I read a quote (sorry, can't reference to it as I don't remember where):

"It ain't bondage until you want to get out"

That sums it up pretty good for me - you shouldn't be able to get out on your own, even if you want to.
It really would be nice to have a Jailer who wanted to keep me locked up for her own reasons but my Jailer plays just to humor me most of the time. There are occasions when she is really in the mood but those are very infrequent. When I am locked up and want to get out but can't is usually when she has put something on that isn't comfortable and I can't get out not because she refuses to let me out but because she doesn't check until she is ready for the session to end.