Would bondage trap be possible?

Dom/me, sub, swtich or undecided? Bring your kinky ideas in here!
LockedInALocker
Hopelessly Suspended

RE: Would bondage trap be possible?

Unread post by LockedInALocker »

Hallo.

I was just thinking again about an odd thought that first occurred to me some years ago. This was to wonder whether it would be possible to create a "bondage trap". I wasn't clear on the details of how it would work, or whether it would even be possible, but the essence of it would be a device or contrivance of some sort that, if someone walked into it haplessly (in the dark, for instance), they would get caught, and get bound or tied up in some way. I thought that, if such a device could be described convincingly, it would be a good thing to write a story about. (It would be good to use in real life too!)
     I suppose I was thinking of something that could be likened to an animated spider's web. There would be various ropes in it, maybe with strong adhesive on them that would attach to anything that touched them in the right places - or else velcro-like surfaces that would attach strongly to your clothing on contact - and maybe various other things like hooks, or loops that might tighten. Whatever works best - the details don't really matter, but the need for the ropes to connect firmly to you is the main point of it.
     And there might be mechanized springs connecting these ropes together that would pull them tight, and the more you struggled, the more they would tighten. Maybe there could be other mechanical devices, too, that would assist in the overall task of binding the victim helplessly. If the adhesive, springs, etc. were strong enough, maybe you wouldn't be able to resist them, and they would pull your hands and feet in certain directions, towards the final position the unfortunate victim would be tied up in. Or if they couldn't directly pull parts of you in certain directions, they would at least tighten with every movement you made, so that each time you moved you would be restrained a little more in some area, and to avoid that you would have to lie absolutely still. This would be based on the assumption that, with the network of ropes covering you, any movement at all that you made would create slack somewhere, and that would be immediately taken up, thus restricting you a bit more in that direction.

I can't describe it in much more detail than that, since my thoughts about it never got more specific than that. And indeed I'm not at all sure it would be possible to engineer such a thing - quite probably not.
     But the idea kind of intrigues me, and I was just wondering if anyone else had had thoughts of a similar thing, or whether anyone, especially with mechanical or engineering experience, thinks it might be possible, and how it might be done. The essence of the idea is a contrivance that can capture someone without the direct intervention of anyone else at the scene.
     Any aspects that would use the victim's actions or strength against them, instead of having to do all the work itself, would be especially appealing in such a device.
     Any thoughts, anyone?

On a parallel theme, and relating to my particular interest, I wonder if it would be possible to devise a box or container or bag that could capture and imprison anyone who came within a certain range. (My thoughts on that are even vaguer still, and my feeling that this would be impossible stronger still.)

Regards, Michael.

RAE
Strict Strappado

Unread post by RAE »

Yes, I think a box type containment could be devised, once you walked intoit, the door would close behind you, and locked. The onloy way out would be if some one LET you out from the outside, and the outside only. Once inside, a bladder type air bag would inflate, pinning you into one unmovableposition. you would not be able to move, or try to wiggle out of your confidement.I hope this answers your question.   Rae

DarkLizerd
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by DarkLizerd »

I think you described it quite well.It would need computer control, and robotic arms.The auto-tightning bindings could be done with one-way ratchets and weights. Great story item though... 
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...

Franzia
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Franzia »

Springs, robotic arms, ratchets, networks of ropes & adhesive... hmm I don't know... a lot to go wrong.. not sure I'd trust such a thing.   It might grab hold of your arms & legs and twist you all up in some bizarre pose with a knee up behind your neck or something!   

A trap that contained an automatic wrapping machine might be less complicated.   Although that could develop a bug too~ what if places the breathing holes in the wrong place?

thetowel
Strict Strappado

Unread post by thetowel »

you could make it so if someone walks into a room, the door locks behind you (like RAE said). There could be a series of sensors that track what they do. The person is then ordered to put on certain items and seal themselves in, and if not then something bad happens. Heaters could come and make it very hot, or make it very humid to convince the person to take their clothes off and put them in a box which is locked.

Once they have locked themselves in, then the heating is turned down and the humidity is turned down to make it bearable (or not as a punishment for not complying faster).

Either that or robots...

DarkLizerd
Hopelessly Suspended

I have a cartoon series from Dynotaku (artist) with Velveteen as the victim of a gift that wrapped up her...OK, she may not have been the brightest bunny from the litter, but it is cute...I tried to track down the original picture set, but couldn't...Could I post my copies???(There could be the copyright issue...) 
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...

stephanie_cd
Forever Mummified

Unread post by stephanie_cd »

[quote="DarkLizerd"]I have a cartoon series from Dynotaku (artist) ...Could I post my copies???(There could be the copyright issue...)[/quote]You answered your own question -- as the artist, only Dynotaku could post them here. Or you could provide links to where the artist posted them. Reposting them here, or posting them to a third party upload site and providing links to that WOULD BE a copyright issue.

DarkLizerd
Hopelessly Suspended

Thought so...I'll keep looking to see if I can find where I found them... 

DarkLizerd
Hopelessly Suspended

I think this would qualify...(Warning... they are furries...)http://furryai.com/gallery/data/524/dyn ... ashi03.jpg Actualy, not the one with Velveteen...Found it!!!http://www.bondofox.net/galleries/dynot ... otaku.html just scroll down to velveteen... 

Master Lee62
Chair Bound

Unread post by Master Lee62 »

Don't know if this is exactly what you're looking for, but Google "Chinese Rape Chair."  Sounds like a bondage trap of sorts to  me...

DarkLizerd
Hopelessly Suspended

That sounds more like a chair you sit in, that automaticaly traps you for someone else's pleasure...It could fit the bill as a bondage trap... 

BishopFan1
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by BishopFan1 »

[quote="thetowel"]you could make it so if someone walks into a room, the door locks behind you (like RAE said). There could be a series of sensors that track what they do. The person is then ordered to put on certain items and seal themselves in, and if not then something bad happens. Heaters could come and make it very hot, or make it very humid to convince the person to take their clothes off and put them in a box which is locked. Once they have locked themselves in, then the heating is turned down and the humidity is turned down to make it bearable (or not as a punishment for not complying faster). Either that or robots...[/quote]  That scenario was on Gromet a couple of years back. Let me see if I can find it.Bish

thetowel
Strict Strappado

Unread post by thetowel »

[quote="BishopFan1"] [quote="thetowel"]you could make it so if someone walks into a room, the door locks behind you (like RAE said). There could be a series of sensors that track what they do. The person is then ordered to put on certain items and seal themselves in, and if not then something bad happens. Heaters could come and make it very hot, or make it very humid to convince the person to take their clothes off and put them in a box which is locked. Once they have locked themselves in, then the heating is turned down and the humidity is turned down to make it bearable (or not as a punishment for not complying faster). Either that or robots...[/quote]

That scenario was on Gromet a couple of years back. Let me see if I can find it.
Bish[/quote]

Really? Selfbound or jus bound? Either way, I want one :D

hiliary_nicseamus
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by hiliary_nicseamus »

Not really into furries, but Yes, not exactly the smartest in the litter.We-R-Nomad has done similar with his autotapers.hiliary

seidenki
Strict Strappado

Unread post by seidenki »

I was just thinking about what might even qualify as a "bondage trap". Both halves of that term are fairly broad and that allows for some interesting possibilities.A device I developed for a scene I never got to in a story I abandoned would definitely qualify as a bondage trap. The setup is a room through which the two protagonists must pass. There is one door in, and there is another door out. Trouble is, the door out is locked and requires two handles turned simultaneously to unlock it. Each of these are on the opposite sides of the door, too far apart for one person to turn both. They are also in a recess somewhat larger than a fist, but far enough in so you have to put your whole hand in. Of course, turning the handles not only releases the door, but also clamps a shackle onto each operator's wrist. :-) As originally designed, a chain that looked like decoration across the door would also come free, showing both shackles to be linked. And, of course, there is a mechanism in a (much) later room that would finally unlock it. Until then, though, our two protagonists are now chained together...On a more practical note, there are actually have been bondage items with "trapping" qualities. I used to know of someone with a spreader bar that had a ratchet and a spring. You could let the spring extend it, but you needed to release the ratchett to shorten it again. This would obviously be quite difficult if your hands were restrained elsewhere at the time!I'm sure the creative minds here would be able to take these ideas in new directions.Sei.
Embrace your inner wierdo! No-one else will! (No, they'd be more likely to lock it up and throw away the key...)

LockedInALocker
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by LockedInALocker »

Some interesting ideas here - thanks - although it's not quite what I had in mind, which may be impossible anyway, and very difficult to describe more specifically than I did originally. Some very intriguing ideas, though - I am really fascinated by stuff like this.
     But we can broaden the concept from my particular visualization - and the essence of this expanded concept of a bondage trap would be any contrivance at all that is able to capture someone who doesn't want to be captured, but innocently strays into the area where they can be trapped, or if there is some action they do which can trap them, but which looks like an everyday action they might do naturally anyway.
     I will be interested to see what further ideas come in.

Regards, Michael.

Franzia
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Franzia »

I don't think this is practical or realistic but it may be suitable for a story:
A really small motel room with a bed that folds down from the wall... a weary traveler would lie down on the bed... but before they have time to wonder about the strange devices in the wall's opening.. the bed snaps them up inside the opening.   They find themselves trussed or wrapped in a secret compartment in the wall.

BishopFan1
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by BishopFan1 »

Finally found that series on Gromet. Starts here: http://www.latexstories.net/storiesek/j ... trap1.html Bish

thisis
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by thisis »

im willing to invest in it and try it. possible? any engineers wanna take this project?

thisis
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by thisis »

[quote="Master" Lee62] Don't know if this is exactly what you're looking for, but Google "Chinese Rape Chair."  Sounds like a bondage trap of sorts to  me...
[/quote]
any image of it? google failed me. wiki deleted the page.