Silicone/Rubber Lining

Dom/me, sub, swtich or undecided? Bring your kinky ideas in here!
fukurou73
Unfettered Newbie

RE: Silicone/Rubber Lining

Unread post by fukurou73 »

So I've been making steel restraints for a while now, and I've always had a tough time with lining. I'd like to use silicone liners instead of the neoprene (because it falls apart). This site is promising http://www.rubbersheetroll.com/silicone_rubber.htm but they only have orange silicone. Does anyone know where I might find black silicone rolls, or preferably strips that are about 2" wide? :-) Don't be mistaken to believe that I haven't looked/been looking. :-P

roboman
Strict Strappado

Unread post by roboman »

If you do a search on 'silicon rubber mold' you will find a ton of sites with supplies and instructions on casting your own custom shaped parts in silicon (or other materials). You can even cast the silicon onto the steel. Lots of cities have plastics supply places that sell castable rubbers / silicones / plastics. If you can make metal restraints you can figure out how to build simple molds, it's really not that hard. The silicon is clear or a bit cloudy, depending on the grade and who made it, you can add pigment for nearly any color you want or get it pre-mixed in a standard color.

Tyerrup
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Tyerrup »

SO, the question arises:Do you make them for yourself as a hobby?  Do you make them commercially?  Or at least to sell on EBay and elsewhere?And do you have any pics of your handy-work?

fukurou73
Unfettered Newbie

[quote="roboman"]If you do a search on 'silicon rubber mold' you will find a ton of sites with supplies and instructions on casting your own custom shaped parts in silicon (or other materials). You can even cast the silicon onto the steel. Lots of cities have plastics supply places that sell castable rubbers / silicones / plastics. If you can make metal restraints you can figure out how to build simple molds, it's really not that hard. The silicon is clear or a bit cloudy, depending on the grade and who made it, you can add pigment for nearly any color you want or get it pre-mixed in a standard color.[/quote]Good call... THANKS!! ^_^

fukurou73
Unfettered Newbie

[quote="Tyerrup"]SO, the question arises:Do you make them for yourself as a hobby?  Do you make them commercially?  Or at least to sell on EBay and elsewhere?And do you have any pics of your handy-work?[/quote]I make them as a hobby, and because I don't want to pay $1000 for something I can make for $200 if I can get the same results. :-P There's a thread called "Homemade Goodness" in the chastity forum with a shot of the most recent incarnation of my belt in it.

DocJRod
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by DocJRod »

I use industrial suppliers, like: www.mcmaster.com On the left, click on "Raw Materials", then rubber on the right, then it's pretty intuitive once you scroll all the way down to see your options. They are a US supplier, and usually have decent rates on things. Even if you decide not to buy from them, they have a good selection for comparison or idea purposes.
Happily married to the object of my perverse affections. I like doing the tying, she likes being tied, it's a win/win!

Crowley
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Crowley »

[quote="fukurou73"]There's a thread called "Homemade Goodness" in the chastity forum with a shot of the most recent incarnation of my belt in it.
[/quote]  For anyone else too lazy to search /forum_posts.asp?TID=10819