Bondage and fetish in mainstream media

Dom/me, sub, swtich or undecided? Bring your kinky ideas in here!

RE: Bondage and fetish in mainstream media

Unread postby BishopFan1 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:29 am

"Perils of Gwendoline" old? What was it, 1985? I remember writing a letter about it to Bondage Life, which they used part of.

Tawny Kitaen went on to appear as the receptionist in the second incarnation of "WKRP In Cincinnati." Loni Anderson, she wasn't.

B
BishopFan1
Tightly Hogtied

Unread postby Nightguy » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:54 am

Have you every wondered what "Lady and the Tramp" would be like as a live action movie with people instead of dogs?
"Lady" would  spend a good deal of the movie in a ball gag!   LOL
Nightguy
Tightly Hogtied

Unread postby tiedquest » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:42 pm

I wonder if anyone can identify a film I saw on UK televison one late night in the early 80s? It was a European film with subtitles, possibly French or Italian.

There's initially a scene where a girl tries to hide a photo of herself from a guy. The guy grabs the photo from the girl and sees that she's tied up. A bit later we see the guy tying the girl up. She's topless with her hands behind her back and he ties rope around her chest in a criss-cross pattern. When he's finished he sucks her breasts.

I have such vivid memories of this, being around 14 and was both shocked and stirred by it. Obviously it was quite a risque thing to have shown on TV back then, even by the standards of the BBC. I've spent a decade trying to track this film down and would be grateful if someone knows what it is.
tiedquest
Unfettered Newbie

Unread postby Gavving » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:25 pm

Just last night, I watched "Legend of the Seeker", episode named "Denna".  Wow what awesome leather outfit.  The whole episode was femdom with some amazing interaction.  Very nice indeed.

Gavving
Tightly Hogtied

Unread postby digital_apparition » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:55 pm

digital_apparition2009-07-05 17:20:42
digital_apparition
Tightly Hogtied

Unread postby DarkLizerd » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:04 pm

Good one....
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr71609dh2se/BDSM_Roulette_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
DarkLizerd
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread postby blackfive » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:02 am

[quote]For convenience the entire episode can be found HERE[/quote]

Not available as a link from UK unfortunately.
blackfive
Chair Bound

Unread postby Davina47 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:51 pm

I remember the original Avengers series 2 and 3, in which Honor Blackman played the leather clad Catherine Gale.  Not only lots of leather but a quite dominant woman.    This was originally broadcast in the UK in 1962/63 and 1963/4.  I was 15 when these two series started and ended up adding leather to my existing rubber fetish.  There's even a scene in one episode with 'Catherine' bound to a chair wearing a leather dress and well gagged. 

I thought these episodes were gone for good but a couple of years ago they were re-released in the US and I bought these two series from Amazon.  A really good purchase despite the grainy black and white copies and the studio setting.

Also I remember a great gagging sequence from Dune featuring Francesca Annis.  Not just the usual ineffective cloth gag but a proper strap on with a good mouth insert.
Davina47
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread postby i3onTop » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:56 pm

[quote="Davina47"]Also I remember a great gagging sequence from Dune featuring Francesca Annis.  Not just the usual ineffective cloth gag but a proper strap on with a good mouth insert.
[/quote]

That image is firmly seared on my mind. I recall that fondly growing up.

I was just watching the Fox Movie Channel (FXM) and there was a commercial between flicks talking about the movies they're going to be showing. It showed the scene from The Prestige where Christian Bale binds Piper Peraboo's wrists before she's hoisted into the water tank. After showing this clip, the text "FX HAS THE BONDAGE" flashes across the screen.

I laughed when I saw that and immediately thought of this thread.
http://ropeandthings.tumblr.com
無知から知恵へ、光から闇へ
i3onTop
Chair Bound

Unread postby Davina47 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:52 am

I've got that movie too and it is a great scene!
Davina47
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread postby tiemeupalso » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:37 am

i was watching an ols episode of "it takes a thief"with robert wagner the a couple of days ago and he had tied up this big titted woman on a couch in A hogtie and she had to crawl across the floor to the phone.i thought a couple of times her tits were gonna pop out!
tiemeupalso
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread postby dodgerfan » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:46 pm

I agree that was a fantastic scene. It Take's A Thief had another scene with Julie Newmar.

Julie was hogtied with rope and telephone cord. Both scenes were spectacular.
dodgerfan
Strict Strappado

Unread postby sigs » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:30 pm

i just got back from the movie "the unborn" and it had a nice scene in it where the main girl was getting an exorsism and to keep her from hurting herself the people tied her to a gurney(sp) with medical restraints and gagged her with this block type mouth stuffer to prevent her from hurting her tong....pretty hot scene i thought
sigs
Unfettered Newbie

Unread postby happily_locked » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:58 pm

In "9 to 5", Dolly Parton, Lilly Tomlin, and Jane Fonda
did a super job on a man whose name I cannot remember.
I love that movie.
happily_locked
Forever Mummified

Unread postby RGbargy » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:16 am

[quote="tiemeupalso"]i was watching an ols episode of "it takes a thief"with robert wagner the a couple of days ago and he had tied up this big titted woman on a couch in A hogtie and she had to crawl across the floor to the phone.i thought a couple of times her tits were gonna pop out![/quote]

The Man from U.N.C.L.E series in the sixities was never afraid of a bit of bondage. I seem to remember on one occssion Kuriakin being litterally made into a mummy with treated bandages that were going to kill him slowly.
R G Bargy
Are you free to participate in bondage
RGbargy
Tightly Hogtied

Unread postby CathyTGNJ » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:17 am

[quote="happily_locked"]In "9 to 5", Dolly Parton, Lilly Tomlin, and Jane Fonda
did a super job on a man whose name I cannot remember.
I love that movie.[/quote]

The girls did a very effective yet comfortable job tying their "sexist, egotistical, lying, hypocritical bigot" boss Franklin M Hart, Jr, played by Dabney Coleman.  Seeing that movie was one of my earlier moments realizing I was interested in bondage.
CathyTGNJ
Tightly Hogtied

Unread postby happily_locked » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:36 pm

I've wanted to have that done to me ever since I saw it.
happily_locked
Forever Mummified

Unread postby aken » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:07 pm

OOOooh boooy, new series on discovery :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESNV0eYE_b8

aken2009-01-28 16:08:29
aken
Unfettered Newbie

Unread postby patpowers » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:02 pm

Tiedquest wrote:

I wonder if anyone can identify a film I saw on UK televison one latenight in the early 80s? It was a European film with subtitles, possiblyFrench or Italian.

There's initially a scene where a girl triesto hide a photo of herself from a guy. The guy grabs the photo from thegirl and sees that she's tied up. A bit later we see the guy tying thegirl up. She's topless with her hands behind her back and he ties ropearound her chest in a criss-cross pattern. When he's finished he sucksher breasts.

Yes, I can help you with that. The movie was Lifespan, and it was the first instance of shibari-style bondage in a mainstream film. To wit:

A review of Lifespan with caps.
patpowers2009-01-28 17:04:06
patpowers
Unfettered Newbie

Unread postby tiedquest » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:37 pm

[quote="patpowers"]

Yes, I can help you with that. The movie was Lifespan, and it was the first instance of shibari-style bondage in a mainstream film. To wit:

A review of Lifespan with caps.
[/quote]

Wow, that's exactly it. You're a genius! I've spent 25 years wondering what it was. Looking at the screencaps, that loose rope wouldn't do much for me now, but it made quite an impression on me as a young teenager. I'd had bondage fantasies for years, but it was quite something to find out that other people liked bondage, and to see breasts being sucked. Pretty amazing to think it was all shown on TV so long ago.
tiedquest
Unfettered Newbie

PreviousNext

Return to Bondage & BDSM