Removed.

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.
UnObtainableBox
Unfettered Newbie

Removed.

Unread post by UnObtainableBox »

Removed.
Last edited by UnObtainableBox on 28 Feb 2013, 04:15, edited 3 times in total.

UnObtainableBox
Unfettered Newbie

removed.

REmoved.
Last edited by UnObtainableBox on 28 Feb 2013, 04:12, edited 1 time in total.

UnObtainableBox
Unfettered Newbie

Removed

Removed.
Last edited by UnObtainableBox on 28 Feb 2013, 04:12, edited 1 time in total.

justDIY
Tightly Hogtied

RE: UOB_Pico Released! Randomizing Vibrator Timer!

Unread post by justDIY »

wow, this looks really great. nice work making it so small and on the detailed documentation.

if I may make a few suggestions...

1) the 1n4004 diode is a slow and steady silicon rectifier, rated at 400v(!). it's meant to work at turning on and off very slowly, switching large AC voltage into DC voltage at low frequency (50/60hz). it's much too slow to catch back EMF from a vibe motor turning on and off (especially driven by pwm). Take a look at the 1N5819 schottky rectifier. the fast response time of a schottky will more effectively clamp the back wash from the motor switching on and off rapidly.

2) the transistor you've selected has a gate plateau voltage of 3.5v. this means, operating from two AA batteries, the transistor will never fully turn on. the threshold voltage is low enough that it'll still switch while the batteries are fresh, but might start having trouble as they wear. I don't have any recommendation for a more suitable through-hole part, all of the 1.8v gate transistors are surface mount. also, consider the TO-251AA package for the transistor. It is still through-hole, and has the same pin spacing as the TO-220, but is less wide and a lot shorter.

3) your kit is aimed at folks that might not be the most skilled with electronics, include a low-profile machine pin socket for the chip. sure it adds to the cost, and the vertical profile a bit, but soldering a chip straight into the board isn't very user friendly.

gaggedutopia
Site Admin

RE: UOB_Pico Released! Randomizing Vibrator Timer!

Unread post by gaggedutopia »

Well I will be building this for sure. I used to build a lot of electronics years ago so I can't wait to play with a project like this.
Bondage Junkies: Bondage. Done. Right.
GU's Story Archive: Stories, Galleries and more!