BDSM Roulette

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.
DarkLizerd
Hopelessly Suspended

BDSM Roulette

Unread post by DarkLizerd »

http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... 315fdd92ad
Here is a thread from another site that I'm a member of, and for the ones that don't want to look over there...
Here is the last post with my program that is very configurable...
There is 3 samples to show how user friendly...
--------------------------------------------
BDSM_Roulette V2.

The latest version is user modifable.
Notes: (same as in the zip...)
---------------------------

The program has a few set files that it uses for it's use, that you can modify, with care, and keep a back-up just in case:

****** Dir.txt *****
The program will look at this file to find what set-up you have, then depending on your selection, read the scenario from that folder.

Each folder has it's set files:

***** Intro.txt ****
This is the first thing the program tells you, kinda like, well, an intro...

**** FileList.txt ****
This lists the support files, the random selections list. there is a max of 10 support files at this tim, I can expand this to what ever is needed later
--- Line 1 is the back ground picture, it must be in this folder. The picture can be larger than the screen, it will just be cut off on the right and bottom. If it is too small, thoses areas will be white...
--- line 2 is the program name. the name at the top of the screen.
--- line 3 is the exit button text. just don't make the description to long.
--- line 4 (maybe), is the text box transparent so the back ground showes through?
the rest of the lines are the text files that the program reads from, in the order listed, so, if you want to wear a bra, you need to put it on before your shirt...

*** each random file ***
They have a structure also:
--- Line 1 is the intro for that catagory, each line after that is a random choice.

*** TheGame ***(Maybe)
I'm thinking this would be a good one for longer that one line secenario descriptions.
Instead of each line being a random item, each line, just like filelist will open its own text file with a long description on what to do...
If the folder does not have TheGame.txt then it will not try to read it.
----------------------------------------
The third one, Dressor, is the last one I created with "smooth" reading. I think the readout is much smoother when reading...
There is no re-roll option, what you get is what you get...
... well, new thoughts???
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, I was informed there were a few minor bugs...
OK, gnat squashed, you can now panic, and the text box output is now saved as "rd_data.txt"...
But, there is a small issue that I think I can fix shortly...
[OK] is disabled until you select then click on the selection, but if you change the selection,
you still get what you selected, I wanted it to select what was showing...

I will upload the new zip file with the new program and folders, and just the updated program for the ones
that already have every thing else...
I don't expect to change the data file formats (yet), but if I do, I will put in a way to tell them apart...
and update old file formats...
OK, The full monty...
--- deleted ----
(if anyone wants the scenarios I have made, let me know and I will make them available...)

And the updated rogram...
http://www.crocko.com/C4E31E4493514F7EA ... ulette.exe
Last edited by DarkLizerd on 22 Jun 2013, 06:44, edited 1 time in total.
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...

DarkLizerd
Hopelessly Suspended

Re: BDSM Roulette

argrrr
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...

DarkLizerd
Hopelessly Suspended

OK, this is the last conceivable update...
http://www.crocko.com/C4E31E4493514F7EA ... ulette.exe
I've added 2 new features...
BDSM.jpg
BDSM.jpg (16.76 KiB) Viewed 36700 times
Task: this will open the main program like normal, but, instead open up a task file...
These are like a complete scenario in it's self... (OK, I already explained that one... :oops: )
And Lucky: This is for someone that does not know what they want... It will open any of the normal ones,
IE: Dressor, Pizza, and Bind me...
It will not access the tasks because those are randomly selected anyway...
Last edited by DarkLizerd on 23 Jun 2013, 19:48, edited 1 time in total.

DarkLizerd
Hopelessly Suspended

Also, the main program has 2 new features:
A count down timer, and a dice roller... it will roll all the standard DnD dice, 4,6,8,10,12,20, and a coin (2) and upto 5 dice...
As you change the dice, it re-rolls the new die (1 die, 2-5 dice) ...
BDSM.jpg
Older program versions are now disabled...
Last edited by DarkLizerd on 23 Jun 2013, 19:47, edited 1 time in total.

DarkLizerd
Hopelessly Suspended

DAMM WildBlue sattelite internet!!!
15+ tries to post the above and only splitting the post worked....
And I still can't upload the pictures!!!

DarkLizerd
Hopelessly Suspended

Anyone also play with CTI???
I was thining about making a few tweeks:
1) change the text box so that it is now transparent...
the text would be visable on the picture, and it would make the picture visable and not coverex by the white box...
2) Add a new button on the first window that will select a random card from the CTI folders...
There are not a few card types that would not qualify...
(Actually they may, I was thinking about not selecting the 'KEY' which would let you out of chasisty, but if you got that card
you would need out...)
(there could be a text file that would list what cards you are under...)
And you would be able to select as many cards as you like...

Anyone not famlure with CTI, then check it out here... http://forum.cti-community.com/

Any other updates that you guys, and gals, want???

DarkLizerd
Hopelessly Suspended

New update: BDSM_Roulette V2
I've dropped the idea for a scripped scenario, if anyone wants it, I will work on adding it, but for now I think this is (mostly) finished...
(Until V3.0)... :) :) :)

Main program: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1cj1f ... tte+V2.exe
Not much visable changes here, but, the picture button will show the picture for this task or scenario, if one is found.
All tasks and scenarios no longer require the picture listed in the FileList.txt... (you could/should delete that line.)
But, if you want a picture, you need the picture name to match the task name or scenario name...
IE: In the 'Dice' folder, you need a 'Dice.jpg'....
IE: in the 'task' folder, for the task 'Strip.txt' you will need 'Strip.jpg'...
If the program does not find a picture, the button will be grayed out.

Main Menu: http://www.mediafire.com/view/5vna4wc7exsptnw/Menu.jpg
Updated the main menu, You have 9 picture folders to get sample pictures from (I dropped the CTI button, now you can select it as a button)
[Config Pics] will manualy allow you to change this at will, but, when first run, it will automaticaly run the picture config...
[Builder] will build a scenaro folder and make a sample one for you to modify.

Picture Paths: http://www.mediafire.com/view/7i5xhww26 ... _Paths.jpg
Each of the 9 picture button paths are controlled here. You can select the drive, and path to the folder. And when you select the 'Path', it will load the path, then you can enter the button text.

Any displayed picture can be dissmissed by clicking on it...
If the picture is larder that the screen, (in the menu screen only) you will see a message that the picture it too large and needs resized to fit your screen...

badstone
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by badstone »

can't one just write it down on index cards and draw a hand? Low tech, easier and no skills other than literacy required!

DarkLizerd
Hopelessly Suspended

One could...but this is the computer age...
it is more fun when 'someone' else makes the decisions for you...
(BTW, to what part were you refering to about the cards???)

badstone
Unfettered Newbie

Well, sir, I downloaded two versions of it, and both crashed, missing a file and then a blank window to fill in a bunch of things. I looked over your explanations somewhat, and I guess my response is that in this computer age, one expects a program to run and do something. Providing a shell that is completely customizable is an interesting idea, but as a "user" I have zero interest in how your program works or how it is structured or what it can do if it is empty of everything when I open it; and it crashes as well. It actually strengthens my point that with paper and pen you're good to go. I encourage you to continue, but if you want any interest at all you have to have a running demo that they can build off of, not an empty shell, in my opinion.
Good luck with it.

DarkLizerd
Hopelessly Suspended

Sorry, I guess that is th problem with creating a user configuratable program...
I created the support files as I go, then forget to provide them for a new user that has not followed the program's development...
Here is the support files...
The starting set of scenario...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/m2ntc ... tte_V2.zip

Just unzip this in the same folder as the program and it should run...
The missing file was 'Dir.txt', it lists the scenarios and a short description...

And the long list of 'fill in the boxes' is the paths for the 9 sets of pictures...
(I could not think of any way to create a default set of choices...)

DarkLizerd
Hopelessly Suspended

OK, guys, my new verson has been out for 3 days and there has been 87 downloads...
Only here and 1 other site know about it...
So, drop me a line... like it, don't like it, it need______________....
And the new tasks got 7 downloads.... but there was little change from what was before...)
So far, I have heard back from:
1 person that had problems, I guess he did not get the 'Tasks' downloaded, fixed I think
and 1 that created his own Dressor version...
Well, there was quite abit during the creation...

badstone
Unfettered Newbie

Re: BDSM Roulette -thanks

Thanks for the link to the entire program; it seems to work, although I did get an error, 53 file not found #:1 need to setup picture button paths.
If I understand what this does is that it selects a set and then selects a subset randomly and displays it.
Once I got be naked for 24 hours and another was sissy clothes. So if that's what you are trying to do, it works!
I guess my feedback is that to personalize it one seems to need to know how the program works, so that's two tasks, one a really new one, learning your program.
What about this: couldn't you provide input boxes for seeding categories? Users would read a question and fill in an answer, and then another answer if they want, etc. They do this once and then save it - when they run the next time, all their data is where it should be, because you know where to put it! It should be easy to create an 'interview' that fills in the game and allows one to use it forever after. Rerunning the interview refreshes the data files. ???
Pictures - I missed any references to pics, but the program seems to support them - you should have some examples there as well. These might make users a little more eager to use it.

badstone
Unfettered Newbie

Re: BDSM Roulette - alternate idea

This alternate idea was played with for a time and then abandoned. The concept is based on a base 5% chance of selecting any listed thing. If you use excel or spreadsheets, here's an explanation of the system. If you do not use spreadsheets, skip to CARD GAME.
Ultimately you will create lists of 20 entries each, and then select one item randomly from each list, then repeat a selection until you have selected as many as you have decided to select for your session.
First though you WILL have to make several lists of everything you own, use, etc. in your activity. I'll use self-bondage as an example. My made-up "list" includes 2 handcuffs, 4 blindfolds, 2 anal toys, one vibrator, regular rope, thick rope, hemp rope, a ball gag, a leather gag, a hood, 6 locks, chains, leather belts for holding limbs together. I use 5 positions: stand, chair, kneel, on back, hogtie. I have 4 locations upstairs, cellar, bathroom, and garage. That's 23 items, 4 locations, and 5 positions, for 32 entries. I created the needed 8 more with: more rope, add 1 hour, draw again (4), add item, remove item.
Rule: if you have only a few in one category, and you draw two of them, replace one with another draw (hogtie/spreadeagle.)
Now you have 40. Divide them into two groups, trying to keep obvious conflicts away from each other. (My real list has 80 entries, easier to avoid duplication.)
Save the two lists.
Create a new page and copy the lists into one column, 1-20, 21-40, etc.
That's it; now you can automate it and you can create daily entries unique for each day, using the Random command - look it up in your sheet.
[technical] - in the first 20 cells to the right of your list enter rand () [or however the random number command works in your program] - or enter in first cell and copy/paste in the rest. Select the first 20 rows and first two columns, sort on the 2nd column. This creates a randomly sorted list of your items. Every time you do this it will randomize; some sheets may recalculate, depending on how you manipulate the data, it doesn't matter, it's all random.
Then finally decide how many "draws" you want to make from each list and create a column of random number entries 1-20 for that many, and those are your choices.
You can print out the list and roll a 20-sided die to select.

OR;

CARD GAME
Just write every single thing, item, position, condition, location, time limit, etc. you can possibly add to a situation on one side of an index card (in the U.S. that's a 3"x5" stiff paper lined on one side) anything will do. Try to put like things on the same card opposite each other: Spreadeagle on one side, hogtie on the back.
Shuffle, draw, and obey! Seems a lot quicker, more direct, and very low tech, and an almost unbreakable system. I'm old fashioned.

badstone
Unfettered Newbie

Re: CARD game

Just to be clearer, each card had one item on each side, for two items per card. :oops:

DarkLizerd
Hopelessly Suspended

Re: BDSM Roulette -thanks

quote="badstone"]Thanks for the link to the entire program; it seems to work, although I did get an error, 53 file not found #:1 need to setup picture button paths. Yes, here the program want's to set-up what folders your pictures are in and what catagory you want to call them... I think if you just [OK] from here, all the picture buttons will be blank and not go anythere, I could upload a single picture and have all the buttons point to it...
If I understand what this does is that it selects a set and then selects a subset randomly and displays it.
Once I got be naked for 24 hours and another was sissy clothes. So if that's what you are trying to do, it works!
... Sounds like it...
I guess my feedback is that to personalize it one seems to need to know how the program works, so that's two tasks, one a really new one, learning your program.
What about this: couldn't you provide input boxes for seeding categories? Users would read a question and fill in an answer, and then another answer if they want, etc. They do this once and then save it - when they run the next time, all their data is where it should be, because you know where to put it! It should be easy to create an 'interview' that fills in the game and allows one to use it forever after. Rerunning the interview refreshes the data files. ???
That sounds like the scenario [Builder]... It does that and sets up a VERY basic scenario that you will need to create the data files for. I started to have it as a inverview set-up where it would ask you for the header: "Question:" - "You will wear:" then a loop for each thing you will wear: (like): Nothing, bra, rope harness, nipple clamps,... and in your list, you could combine the optins... Rope harnes with a bra, nipple clamps with a bra,... I dropped it, but if there is an intrest, I could re-add it...
Pictures - I missed any references to pics, but the program seems to support them - you should have some examples there as well. These might make users a little more eager to use it.[/quote]
Originaly, the pictures were gona be a background, but the text box hid it, then I tried a transparent text box, the picture was visable, but the text disapeared... ever tried to read white text on a white background??? So I change the text to black, same thing, some of the texts was allways on the wrong color background, so I dropped the picture idea there, and made it as a seperate displayed picture... Just like when you select a picture (if your paths are set-up_ from the first menu screen...
If a scenario has a picture, it can be displayed...IE:
If the folder "Bind Me" has a picture "Bind ME.JPG" then the picture can be displayed... Click on the picture to make it go away... Simular to the tasks...
Dressor has a picture...Penalties also has a pic, (one from CTI)...
And the task Smelly Feet has a picture...

DarkLizerd
Hopelessly Suspended

I also have 2 to 3 versions of the Excel dressors...
(I may conver those...)
As for the cards...
SO, you draw: rope, 4 clamps, bra, panties, shead, hogtie, 60 minutes(if you had time cards)...
Now you gota figure out how to put the peices together...
Bind Me was the first scenario I set-up, ("stolen" from someone else's ides based on Fap Roulette site)
Not the easist to read, but it does 'draw' cards and puts together a scenario...
Drawing the cards does make it easy to do, set-up, and add items, but if you caragorize the cards:
Top tie, Bottom Tie, with what (rope, tape, chain), where, how long...
you gota keep the card stacks straight, or you may wind up with:
rope, chain, bedroom, shead, 60 minutes, 20 minutes, and tape...
(Not to down the use of cards... ;) )
I just made a program to draw the cards for ya...
Dressor was my creation and I mae sure the scenario read well...
I made sure that everyone, after they understand how it runs, can make up their own card sets...

badstone
Unfettered Newbie

I do appreciate all the effort you put into this.
I solved the category problem by using colored index cards for categories, and a simple 'draw again' rule for conflicts. I do see the advantage of working the opposite way - from scenario first, then down to details, rather than the card-draw way, which builds up a random scenario based on the draws - this is the basic difference I think.
Ha - the other problem I just realized is that my PC is a long way away from where I, um, practice... so that is another issue for me, whereas the cards go where I go.
Now if you could get the program to also print out a narrative, then you could run it and take the results to a place where they can be acted upon. I have this funny image of a person, standing on one foot, handcuffed behind their back holding a peacock feather in their mouth while their partner runs back to the PC to check exactly what that feather was for!
Looking at it from the point of view that the computer program works from a scenario down into the details and that the cards offer an assembling of an unstructured scenario makes both methods desirable, depending upon your goals.
I still suggest that you create a fully filled program with pictures items etc., so that users can build off of it rather than have to practically learn the program in order to fill it right. I'll take another shot at it this week and see how it goes; thanks for your efforts.

DarkLizerd
Hopelessly Suspended

Thanks, feedback is valuable (goor and bad)...
I developed the program on another site, and I have linked to it in this thread... (BoundAnna.net)
So, the steps to working out details is mostly over there... but...
The program creates 2 files, rd_data.tx and Task.txt...
This is the print-out of the scenario and task selected....

I did have a plan for a step by step scenario...
But it currently is not in the works...
The first version on the program was Knipsel, based directly on a fap roulette 'card' and it allowed you to re-roll
any catagory... Some people didn't like the "roll till you get the one you like" part of it and wanted a 'what you got is what you get"... that is why the prgram exits after your scenario is select and you don't get to go back and try for something different... but there is nothing to stop you from running it again...
I like the picture idea, that was what I was working into it,
BUT, BoundAnna hit on the Copyright issue, so I haven't added any of my pictures with the program, I can't be sure that all mine are public domain...

badstone
Unfettered Newbie

well if you use original art then you are free and clear.
If you make a list of a few , I'll show you some examples and go from there - I'd be 1000% more interested in graphics than programs!
:)