I did it (accidentally) AGAIN!

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.
1inmate
Chair Bound

I did it (accidentally) AGAIN!

Unread post by 1inmate »

Today, I accidentally applied some hinged cuffs to my wrists with my palms facing out and the keyholes to the cuffs were facing AWAY from my palms/fingers. This is the second time I have pulled this bone headed mistake.

Fortunately, I had access to a grinder (again), and I was able to cut the hinge ruining the cuffs

The cuffs were a set of Peerless Handcuff Company cuffs. I really did not like them as I was able to rotate my hands/wrists from palms out to palms in when I used them - so not a great loss.

New rule in self-bondage for me – ONLY use ASP cuffs when cuffing myself with my hands behind me back (they have keyholes on both sides of the cuffs)

I should have learned from my first mistake.

Glad my hands are free to type about it.

d3vious.g3nius
Tightly Hogtied

Re: I did it (accidentally) AGAIN!

Unread post by d3vious.g3nius »

Maybe as punishment you should go 2 WEEKS without any bondages? Glad you got out in a relatively harmless fashion.
- d.g
"I am not helpless, I'm simply restrained at the moment!"

RAE
Strict Strappado

Unread post by RAE »

You are lucky to have the grinder, and even luckier to not hurt your self cutting the cuffs.
It would be embarrassing to have to call for help.
Rae

1inmate
Chair Bound

Unread post by 1inmate »

RAE wrote:You are lucky to have the grinder, and even luckier to not hurt your self cutting the cuffs.
Rae
While calling for help was an option, it was going to be my last resort due to the embarrassment factor.

I hope I never have to cut another set off - err - I hope I never put myself into that position again.

1inmate
Chair Bound

Unread post by 1inmate »

d3vious.g3nius wrote:Maybe as punishment you should go 2 WEEKS without any bondages? Glad you got out in a relatively harmless fashion.
- d.g
Since I have really not been practicing bondage lately, is that punishment?

d3vious.g3nius
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by d3vious.g3nius »

1inmate wrote:Since I have really not been practicing bondage lately, is that punishment?
Hrmmm... good point!
"I am not helpless, I'm simply restrained at the moment!"

Closed_doors
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Closed_doors »

RAE wrote:You are lucky to have the grinder, and even luckier to not hurt your self cutting the cuffs.
Rae
I agree with Rae. Using an angle grinder is trial enough with out having your hands manacled. I have witnessed, as in ACTUALLY Watched happen, some seriously evil angle grinder injuries, (Many years in the steel industry). I too am glad you got out with little but your pride dented.

I LOVE self-bondage myself (the only reason I haven't done it for a while is I now have a partner) but was I to find myself alone again, out would come the ropes and locks, the stockings and the ice cube trays full once more. As most devotees know, its the risk, its exciting, it makes your pupils dilate, pores open, heart beats faster, endorphins run rampant, all good things, yes? Its just that very risk that pushes some, to go that extra rope, that 1 rung higher on the ladder, pushing the risk, pushing, pushing... until..

What? Embarrassment? injury? near-death experience? Death?

I don't think about that. Its about the fantasy, the experience, the imagination and most of all, I DID IT MYSELF!!

Mike the sb devotee
It has been said, 'Life is too Short!' but I cannot think of anything you can do longer. Anon
"Its not the man in your life but the life in your man." Mae West

Nil Illigitmus carborundum.

Mike and Carmen

SBadiction
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by SBadiction »

I use a short length of chain padlocked round each wrist leaving 2-3 inches free then another padlock to lock them together. As inescapable as cuffs but much easier to get out of once you have the key.
Many a happy hour locked into these!
Steve
Happily married (but always ready to flirt) wife not into anything kinky so it's self bondage when I can.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Stahlketten »

It IS possible to get out of these handcuffs by yourself. It isn't easy but I have done it a couple times as a challenge from my Jailer.

I used a piece of thin heater hose or automotive fuel line. The key is pushed in so the fuel line acts as a very long handle. If you can see back there even a little, it isn't that hard to guide the key into the hole. It is a bit more difficult by feel. Once it is in, the long handle makes it not too difficult to turn.

Personally I like being able to rotate my wrists when handcuffed. The feeling of restraint is still there but you are certainly not getting free.

- Stahlketten

1inmate
Chair Bound

Unread post by 1inmate »

Stahlketten wrote:It IS possible to get out of these handcuffs by yourself. It isn't easy but I have done it a couple times as a challenge from my Jailer.

I used a piece of thin heater hose or automotive fuel line. The key is pushed in so the fuel line acts as a very long handle. If you can see back there even a little, it isn't that hard to guide the key into the hole. It is a bit more difficult by feel. Once it is in, the long handle makes it not too difficult to turn.

Personally I like being able to rotate my wrists when handcuffed. The feeling of restraint is still there but you are certainly not getting free.- Stahlketten
I have modified some handcuff keys so they are longer which allow me to release the cuffs when applied palms out so long as the keyholes are facing towards my palms (facing my feet). I am pretty good at it with just feel, and I prefer to not be able to rotate my wrists in the cuffs - we all have our preferences though.

The problem here was the key holes were facing away from my palms (facing my neck). I do not follow how you can do that using a key and heater hose/fuel line.

I bought more ASP cuffs (which have a keyhole on both sides of the cuff), and the new rule is use only ASP cuffs, that way, I always have a keyhole facing my palms/feet.

- Stahlketten[/quote]

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Stahlketten »

1inmate,

I believe I understand what you are describing. Hinged handcuffs applied behind the back with the keyholes facing your elbows, right? It isn't easy to get the extended key into the keyhole. You need to do something like slip it between the cushions of a sofa or something to have it pointed in the right direction and then maneuver the keyholes of the handcuffs onto the key. With the key in the hole, it isn't falling out easily, so you should be able to move your fingers around the opposite side's locking mechanism to rotate the key. Usually my Jailer doesn't put handcuffs on so tight that I can't put a finger through the opposite side cuff next to my wrist so with one finger through and two around, you have even better control of the extended key.

I have never succeeded in getting the key into the keyhole without being able to see or fix the key in a known direction first. If I need to do this again, I might try using a camera connected to the computer so that I am not working blind. Even when successful, I end up with lots of bruises from the effort, so it isn't something I encourage from my Jailer. It beats the heck out of having to get out with a bench grinder though.

It is also quite easy to foil such an escape method. Just use about three pairs of hinged handcuffs and it becomes pretty hopeless. Another method which I want to try sometime is to put the handcuffs through a kettle weight first.

- Stahlketten.

Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Jimdini »

It isn't just hinged cuffs that can cause problems.

I recenttly got stuck in a pair of Alcyon universal swivel cuffs. Part of the problem was a standard cuff key being to tight a fit. But I also found the universal joint made feeling for the key hole difficult. Even looking in a mirror I found that with hands cuffed behind I couldn't see if the key was aligned.

Eventually I had to accept the embarrassment and call emergency services. :oops:
Never confuse your ambition with your abilitues, if you can't free yourself who will?

Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Jimdini »

I had decided on a fairly strict tie, tight (very) leather briefs leather hood, Tight leather straps (with steel 'O' ting cinches) at ankles, knees and thighs , Strap around upper arms and chest and hands cuffed behind. Release, "honour" keys on desk and floor. I strapped up my legs, fitted a ball gag and laced up the hood (plain but with pepper pot eyes) and fitted a small padlock. Next I put a leather strap around my chest and upper arms. Finally I worked my arms behind my back to lock on the handcuffs. Usually I use standard chain linked cuffs, but this time I had been playing with the Alcyon Universal joint cuffs earlier so used them. I used a small steel rod to activate the double lock and happily rolled around helpless on my bed for about half an hour before deciding to get myself loose.

This went easily I swung my legs over the side of the bed and stood up and hopped over to the desk and picked up the key I felt for the key holes and realised they were away from my wrists towards the elbows. Now came the problem, with the chain cuffs I could easily twist my wrists and insert the key, but with my arms pinned to my chest the universal joint on the alcyon cuffs restricted my wrist movement and I could n't reach, I was stuck! I hopped back to the bed and rolled around trying to work my arms loose from the chest strap.

Finally I gave up and tried to attract my safety back ups attention. She was downstairs listening to music and couldn't hear me. I struggled to the top of the stairs and eased myself down to the floor and bumped down the stairs on my bum. Struggling to my feet I hopped into the lounge, She looks up says "Nice tie up." and closes her eyes and continues humming along to the music. I shrug my shoulders and hop over to a chair intending to sit down. I misjudged and thump to the floor, still I am ignored. I lay there occasionally struggling and grunting until she decided to unlock my cuffs so I could free myself.
Never confuse your ambition with your abilitues, if you can't free yourself who will?