handcuffs best methods

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.
dynomite
Unfettered Newbie

handcuffs best methods

Unread post by dynomite »

Hi there. I bought a double locking steel handcuff and just tryed them loose on my back. I had a really hard time to unlock them. Is there a method to ensure that while in bondage i will be able to unlock them by myself. Since it is a security question i wont try anything else with those without enlightement.

stephanie_cd
Forever Mummified

Re: handcuffs best methods

Unread post by stephanie_cd »

One of the most basic safety rules for handcuff self-bondage is "always make sure that the keyholes are facing your fingertips!"

If you're standing up with your arms straight and your hands near your waist, your palms should be facing each other and the keyholes should be facing the floor -- that ensures that you'll be able to reach them with the key when it's time to get loose. (Law enforcement professionals generally cuff people with palms facing out and the keyholes facing the opposite direction to make it as difficult as possible for a suspect to get loose, should they get their hands on a key.)

Beyond that, you might practice with your hands cuffed in front of you until you get good at inserting the key and turning it the right way -- it IS a little harder having to feel your way through the process when your hands are behind you!

dynomite
Unfettered Newbie

stephanie_cd wrote:One of the most basic safety rules for handcuff self-bondage is "always make sure that the keyholes are facing your fingertips!"

If you're standing up with your arms straight and your hands near your waist, your palms should be facing each other and the keyholes should be facing the floor -- that ensures that you'll be able to reach them with the key when it's time to get loose. (Law enforcement professionals generally cuff people with palms facing out and the keyholes facing the opposite direction to make it as difficult as possible for a suspect to get loose, should they get their hands on a key.)

Beyond that, you might practice with your hands cuffed in front of you until you get good at inserting the key and turning it the right way -- it IS a little harder having to feel your way through the process when your hands are behind you!
I appreciate, thanks.
I will practice then :)

buck100
Chair Bound

Unread post by buck100 »

A key with a long handle makes it much easier. You can buy such a key (handcuffwarehouse.com) or make one. I glued a key to the blade of a small screwdriver. Use two-part epoxy cement. Use quite a bit of the epoxy. Make sure it goes through the holes of the key and around the screwdriver. Set it aside and let the epoxy cure. Now it is much easier to reach the keyhole in the cuff especially when cuffed behing your back. Lots of practice makes it easier.

Buck

Petrajane
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Petrajane »

Practice with the cuffs in front of you, once you can unlock them like that with ease, then start with them behind your back. ;)

1inmate
Chair Bound

Unread post by 1inmate »

Practice, practice, and more practice! Start practicing with your hands cuffed in front on you, then practice locking one wrist and putting the other wrist in the opposite cuff without locking/closing it around your wrist. Make sure your palms face each other.
While you may be able to rotate your wrists in the cuffs, it can be painful and cause nerve damage depending on how tight the cuffs are.
I have, on two occasions now, accidentally cuffed my hands behind my back with the keyholes facing toward my head (away from my palms/fingers). On both occasions, I had to use a grinder to cut the cuffs off. The only other option would have been to call for help.
As a result, I only use ASP cuffs when cuffing my hands behind my back. ASP cuffs have keyholes on both sides of the cuff, so you can eliminate that possibility.
Happy cuffing!

dynomite
Unfettered Newbie

Thanks for your help. I greatly appreciate

theemaster
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by theemaster »

dynomite wrote:Hi there. I bought a double locking steel handcuff and just tryed them loose on my back. I had a really hard time to unlock them. Is there a method to ensure that while in bondage i will be able to unlock them by myself. Since it is a security question i wont try anything else with those without enlightement.

If your ass isn't wide you don't have to unlock them without seeing e'm.. you can slip them under your ass :P

Also you can buy kid handcuffs that don't need keys.. they have a little lever on them.. they work fine enough..

The biggest rule is! if you have hinge handcuffs never lock the key facing up (behind you) or not on the side of your fingertips.. than it's almost bottom-line impossible to get them off without help.. you would need mirrors, video feed and/or a vice grip. If you do lock them that way in front of you.. you can get the key into the hole with your mouth.. and I obviously don't speak from experience.. :whistles:

For me what is the point of using handcuffs if there not secure/work? So if you want to have safe bondage practices.. get the child model that has the immediate release latch.

This is what they look like

The closest thing you can do to safe.. is always have a backup key.. and or a phone are you willing to call 911 or someone? :P

tiemeupalso
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by tiemeupalso »

never use those cheep handcuffs with the lever.i say NEVER.they break to easily and will jam.i am speaking from experience,granted it was 40 years ago,but I am sure the Chinese aren't making them any better than the Japanese did 40 years ago.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Stahlketten »

Some of those cheap handcuffs with the lever to double lock are actually fairly well made. They are at least as well made as the almost as inexpensive modern "Peerless" style handcuffs. Generally they have the same cuff duplicated on both sides rather than a mirror image cuff. I have a couple sets made in Japan and Taiwan that are not too bad. The lever doesn't stay in place though which is the real problem.

If you are uncertain about being able to get to the keyhole with your hands in back, try getting a pair of the "extra link" handcuffs that S&W and Peerless both make. They are intended for victims that can't bring their arms together in back and also for use with briefcases. The cuffs are far enough apart that there should be no issue with reaching the keyhole.

Gotta Run.
- Stahlketten.