Electromagnet door locks question

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.
fs13
Tightly Hogtied

Electromagnet door locks question

Unread post by fs13 »

What I would like to do is place on at one end of the room--and a second on the other end of the room. I want to use chain to sreader bars for arms and legs. The idea being that the locks will take up the slack in the chain and hold tight until release.

What I want to know is if I get 300lb hold force--will it actually pull on the chain too strong and cause injury or should they just pull the slack and hold tight.

justDIY
Tightly Hogtied

Re: Electromagnet door locks question

Unread post by justDIY »

There isn't much pull, it's not like a salvage yard electromagnet. Holding force is just that... how much force it takes to overcome the magnet.

treat the magnets like anchor points. Theyre not going to move until the power is turned off.

DarkLizerd
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by DarkLizerd »

But, they can be used to take up any slack you give them...
And not give it back...
However, user results may vary...
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...

justDIY
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by justDIY »

how's that? the magnets I've worked with only "engage" when the plate is almost touching the magnet... there's only a 1/16" of an inch or so worth of "pull"

to the op: if you want to stretch yourself out tight on the floor, look into rope ratchets or the "special ring device"

use a special ring device to make the connection from the end of the chain to the magnet's plate, and have the other end of the rope somewhere you can pull once you're locked up. you should measure out the rope, so you can pull yourself tight but not over stretch.