Prevent handcuffs from overtightening - simple DIY

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.
xhr92
Unfettered Newbie

Prevent handcuffs from overtightening - simple DIY

Unread post by xhr92 »

Hi there,

I'm sure it's widely known, but I couldn't find it anywhere on the forums and I never saw it on any pictures, so I might as well share it with everyone:

To prevent your handcuffs from overtightening, apply a ziptie at the end of the teeth (and tighten it so it doesn't move under tension).

Of course, this is useless if you can reliably double-lock your cuffs yourself. But with the ones I have (Viper), you have zero tactile feedback and you have to push the key in a weird position. That's close to impossible to do when your hands are behind your back and you are blindfolded (and that's a risk I do not want to take myself).

You can also get cuffs that are easier to double lock (some have a button you can press with your fingers).

This makes the cuffs a little less comfortable to wear, sadly. I wear fingerless gloves to help a little.

Stay safe,
xhr92
Attachments
web_IMG_4698.jpg
web_IMG_4699.jpg

SergioUK
Tightly Hogtied

Re: Prevent handcuffs from overtightening - simple DIY

Unread post by SergioUK »

Just recently I explained the same trick here: http://www.boundforum.com/viewtopic.php ... et#p901107

But your post illustrates perfectly that a picture's worth a thousand words. Thanks for sharing!

1inmate
Chair Bound

Unread post by 1inmate »

xhr92 wrote:Hi there,

I'm sure it's widely known, but I couldn't find it anywhere on the forums and I never saw it on any pictures, so I might as well share it with everyone:

To prevent your handcuffs from overtightening, apply a ziptie at the end of the teeth (and tighten it so it doesn't move under tension).

Of course, this is useless if you can reliably double-lock your cuffs yourself. But with the ones I have (Viper), you have zero tactile feedback and you have to push the key in a weird position. That's close to impossible to do when your hands are behind your back and you are blindfolded (and that's a risk I do not want to take myself).

You can also get cuffs that are easier to double lock (some have a button you can press with your fingers).

This makes the cuffs a little less comfortable to wear, sadly. I wear fingerless gloves to help a little.

Stay safe,
xhr92
While I have never had the problem, I like your solution.

Thanks

merlot_vin
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by merlot_vin »

And in a pinch, you can use electrical tape in the same fashion to cover some of the teeth.