Trapped in self bondage (1)

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.
lanad
Tightly Hogtied

Trapped in self bondage (1)

Unread post by lanad »

I have got stuck or shall we say delayed release.
More than once in self bondage, so here is the first time,
I was sitting in the kitchen making up a new set of ropes and fitting them at the same time( with padlocks ), I was so randy that I snapped the last lock on my wrists and realised that the keys to my padlocks were up stairs in the bedroom, and that I hadn't locked the doors to my house.

It was a little scary but quite liked the idea of crawling all that way, the floors in my house are tilled so instead of hopping I got down on the floor and started to crawl.

, disaster or not, depends how you look at it, the door to the hall was shut, a big heavy oak door with an ornate handle, so I had to stand up but the handle was too high for me to reach with my hands, so I slid down the door in order to catch the handle with my elbows, the door opened and I fell with it, hanging by my elbow tie, fuck that hurt and scary, I immediately went in to panic mode,

I was unable to fully stand up as the handle had got between the ropes of my elbow tie and was snagged tight, I was stuck with my legs bent, I was struggling so much the sweat was running of my face and I was gripped with fear of staying like this for days or being discovered by a caller as the front door was not locked and people just would come in,

I kept manoeuvring up and down side to side in the hope of releasing the handle from my ropes, doing all this with my legs tightly bound and bent made them tremble to the extent that I could no longer hold myself upright,

so I slumped hanging from the handle again while I got my strength back in my legs, but my arms were suffering,
so I stood up again, the ropes came free and I slid down the door to the floor I was soaked in sweat, I actually liked and got a buzz from panicking as I did, but I still had to negotiate the stairs to the bed room and 2 more doors to get the keys,

the journey up the stairs and doors was a bit scary as I kept thinking that I might fall down, but managed to reach the keys without mishap,

But I realised that I had experienced a whole lot of new feelings and fears that I’ve never had when doing controlled self bondage.

These emotions kept playing on my mind and the only way to repeat them was to have a bondage session without an easy release, and an extremely difficult and messy one at that.................. but would that work.................?

let me hear your story.

Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Re: Trapped in self bondage (1)

Unread post by Jimdini »

Okay this happened a few months ago.

I have a waist harness with attached handcuffs that I play with from time to time. it was late on a Friday night, I had not used this for some time and was pleased to find I could buckle both sides two holes tighter than previously. As a reward to myself I added a leather hood with pepper pot eyes to my bondage. Cuffed and hooded I sat and watched a late night chat show. This finished about 1am. Usually after a little struggle I get the key to the right hand cuff in the lock with my right hand and release my self. But this time try as I much as I like the key does not go near the key hole. It slowly dawned on me that as the waist belt was tighter than previously my wrists were held further back on my hips restricting my arm ,shoulder and wrist movement more than before. After a few more futile attempts I decided I was not getting loose without help. I went to my front door, opened it and look out, all the neighbours windows are dark and with my hands trapped at my hios I wont be able to ring door bells.
I am not in any danger so I don't want to dial 999, it is 2.30am and I do not fancy being stuck like this all night so I decide to call the 101 police non emergency number. This proves a lot harder than I expect with my hands trapped at my sides and my vision restricted by the hood, but after about 15 minutes I get through, I explain my situation and that I don;t feel justified using 999, they suggest neighbours not till morning, Fire service, problems dialling and 2 miles from station, they wre sorry Weekend and Officers busy. So I say sorry to bother them, I'll just stay stuck until I see signs of life from the neighbours in the morning, I put the phone down and resigned myself to waiting at least 3 or 4 hours before I can be released.
About 3.30am my phone rings and I struggle to answer it, the Police have called back Officers are on the way to me and can I let them, I say yes. about 10 minutes later two officers arrive, unlock my cuffs, ask if I really managed to lock myself up like this And one says " I am genuinley impressed you managed to secure yourself that way". They confirm I don't need anymore help and leave.
I am really impressed that they dealt with the situation as if finding idiots bound and hooded was an every day occurrence.
Attachments
FatguyMamba2.JPG
Last edited by Jimdini on 18 Apr 2016, 08:45, edited 1 time in total.
Never confuse your ambition with your abilitues, if you can't free yourself who will?

lanad
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by lanad »

mini pic.jpg
mini pic.jpg (11.35 KiB) Viewed 35426 times
I think your situation was worse than mine, being in the kitchen as I was, and totally surrounded by knifes and scissors it never crossed my mind to use them (to excited with my situation), in your case there is only one way out and that's with a key, I think that rope is better as it can be cut, lol.

Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Jimdini »

:) My situation was probably less scary than yours, I was mobile (unlike when i use my icelock), not being to affect my usual escape was more puzzling than frightening. I considered cutting the harness but although I managed to open a drawer I couldn't reach any knives or scissors with my hands cuffed at my hips.
It took me 3 attempts to pick up the phone and a frustrating amount of time to position it so I could just key two different numbers (999 would have been easier).
Never confuse your ambition with your abilitues, if you can't free yourself who will?

lanad
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by lanad »

I think both situations were just as scary as one another, lessons learnt are, I must take more notice of my surroundings, and you must eat more. :lol:

stephanie_cd
Forever Mummified

Unread post by stephanie_cd »

From the five page thread about "(Your) Scariest Self-Bondage Experience" at http://boundforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=93674
stephanie_cd wrote:[Pushing things a little further each time is] what got me into my scariest self-bondage experience. I was fairly new to regular self-bondage, and into the same routine of coming home from work, changing into something femme and sexy, and then tying myself up. One day, I had a stupid new idea. Okay, I had TWO stupid ideas at the same time, AND chose to try them at the same time. Instead of merely binding myself at the ankles and knees and blindfolding myself, before using a pair of toy metal handcuffs that I'd modified so they needed the key, I decided to add TWO things to my routine without testing them: I added a homemade hood AND secured my handcuff chain to the back of my belt with a pretty sturdy plastic cable tie. Things were really great as I managed to cuff my second wrist with a little more difficulty, since the chain was essentially shortened. I was REALLY excited when I went to release myself.... ...only to realize that I couldn't reach the keyholes! EITHER of them. They were both facing my hands, but since the chain was attached to my belt, it was JUST short enough that I couldn't reach them! At some point in my struggles, my homemade hood shifted and I realized I couldn't breathe! Luckily I managed to stay calm enough to shift it partway back, and then started thinking of the worst case scenarios before realizing that I COULD make it to the front door. Still, I managed to yank and twist and pull slooowly against my cuffs, hoping they'd break or bend or something. Instead, that cable tie stretched about an inch, which was JUST enough to let me reach one keyhole! Ever since then, I only add one new variable at a time to my self-bondage scenarios and almost always test them first! stephanie_cd
stephanie_cd wrote: I thought I'd made a pretty secure hood with plastic wrap and duct tape, but didn't realize it would shift when I started struggling and got a bit sweaty. And the mouth hole could have been bigger. The scariest and potentially fatal part was realizing that I couldn't breathe and had no clue where the breathing hole WAS! Up? Down? Sideways across my face? Inhaling wasn't helping since the plastic was glued down by sweat, and no air was coming through the hole. I was able to figure it out when I tried to turn the hood against the pillow one way and it got even tighter. "Maybe the other way is LOOSER?" And I was right.... Still scary, though, but it taught me to play a little safer, including not double-locking the deadbolt, which I doubt I could have reached that day with my hands at my belt. s
Another scary but not life-threatening experience happened after I'd gotten a set of "real" handcuffs and suspended the key above my bed in a complicated but tangle-free "ice drop" mechanism that wouldn't drip ice water all over the bed!

I got dressed in all kinds of sexy leather -- tall boots, long leather skirt, gloves, long leather coat, and used a brand new 100 foot long piece of rope to tie myself securely at the ankles, and calves, above and below the knees, mid-thigh, hips, waist, stomach, and chest. It was a lot of rope, a lot of knots, and the white rope felt amazing and LOOKED amazing against all of the black leather! Once I was all trussed up, I fell forward onto the bed and wriggled until my head was on the pillow, and reached for the open handcuffs. I locked them around one wrist, then realized that I couldn't "double lock" it since the keys were out of reach. The first mistake was thinking "well, that won't be a problem!" and the second was when I went ahead and looped the chain through a couple of lengths of rope at my waist, then locked the other cuff around the other wrist!

(I had already thought of the above scenario, and had already made sure that I COULD reach the keyholes -- it worked because the rope wasn't as wide as the belt and didn't restrict the handcuff chain as much.)

Satisfied, I closed my eyes and relaxed, convinced that I'd done a nice job of tying myself up and that I'd get to spend a couple of hours patiently waiting for the keys to drop. Eventually I got tired of lying on my stomach and decided to roll over onto my side -- or maybe I decided to roll onto my back, even though it's not very comfortable to lie ON handcuffed wrists. Either way, I DID wind up on my back and was horrified to hear the "clickclickclickclickclick" of the cuffs closing even tighter -- TOO tight for comfort, actually, and even somewhat painful!

...and of course, the keys were completely out of reach on the ceiling, even if I managed to stand up on the bed!

The cuffs were FAR too tight, and I started worrying about things like circulation or nerve damage. "Well, I can't stay here like this until the ice melts NOW!" I thought about getting off the bed and hopping to the phone. I could have called my kinky girlfriend, but even if she COULD leave work and drive over, that would take at least a half hour. I thought about calling the police, but was afraid of the embarrassment. "And once again, I can't reach the deadbolt lock on the door, so they'll have to break the door down!"

Eventually I realized that I could try to get off the bed with my legs and ankles tied tightly, hop down the hallway and into the kitchen in 5" heels -- without falling over! -- and get the scissors out of the kitchen drawer that was near waist level where my hands were cuffed. "But that means cutting up my brand new rope! Well, it's a small price to pay." If I did fall over, I wasn't sure that I'd be able to stand up from the floor, and might have to crawl to the phone and call for help.

I managed to hop the 40 feet to the kitchen, reached the scissors, then had to TRY to cut just the rope (and not my leather coat) by feel -- while wearing gloves! After getting the cuffs sort-of freed, I cut the ropes below that so I could at least walk, but for some reason I couldn't (or didn't think to) take off my boots and step through the cuffs to put my hands in front of me. Instead, I grabbed a broom and went back to the bedroom to stand on the bed and play "demented bondage piñata" with my hands still cuffed behind my back, which probably would have looked pretty funny afterwards if I'd had a video camera running!

I managed to knock the keys down, unlocked the handcuffs, and then just laid there on the bed for a while, happy that I'd escaped another close call and figuring out ways to do it again the right way! (I did try the same scenario successfully a week or so later, by using a small nail to double-lock the handcuffs.)

Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Jimdini »

lanad wrote:I think both situations were just as scary as one another, lessons learnt are, I must take more notice of my surroundings, and you must eat more.
I still need to lose some more weight.I just won't use this solo. :)
Attachments
Snapshot 1 (06-Dec-15 10-35 AM).png

davercuffs
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by davercuffs »

I feel that in bondage, especially self bondage, safety comes first; if I don't feel safe, I can't have any fun ; that's why I never want to take any chances ; of course, the bondage is less restrictive, and it allows more freedom than most bondage fans would like, but I feel that a lot of the bondage feeling is first in the mind : you're your own prisoner, and even if you can free yourself easily, the way to have fun is to stay longer in bondage because you don't allow yourself to free yourself, even if freedom is easy to get: you don't need to make getting free a hard task to stay prisoner. I choose safety over challenge, and it only increases the fun.

FatherOfFour
Chair Bound

Unread post by FatherOfFour »

I might say that I only use two releases, independent paths, and almost never done a full session: married with kids and only "stealing" short moments of fun.

I can hardly wait for the moment when all my mechanisms and electronics will keep me still for few hours...
The thought of something going wrong is keeping me alert, designing better links and scripts.

By the way, I've seen that not many use "sliding" knots (with loops You could untie by hooking them onto something)
Are they a "No-No"?

lanad
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by lanad »

FatherOfFour wrote:
By the way, I've seen that not many use "sliding" knots (with loops You could untie by hooking them onto something)
Are they a "No-No"?

the trouble with sliding knots is they can tighten up and cause a bit of circulation problems, apart from that the knot tends to be a bit big and on nylon can undo itself.
there is nothing more frustrating than having a rope come lose when experiencing long bondage sessions.

Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Jimdini »

FatheOpPour
rAny form of self bondage release has a risk of failing.
I don't like moving knots, they can move and cut circulation or add painful tension. If you mean 'slip knots' the problem with them is if something gets in the sliding loop Like the rope end you pull to release) they jam and your stuck jus as securely as with normal knots.

davercuffs

I agree, I like to feel safe when bound. In this case the key was easily accessible, The problem arose because I had lost some weight and by buckling the waist belt tighter it moved the shackles from the front of the hip bone two inches further toward my back. This meant my shoulders were held back, while this gives a good posture it restricts the elbow movement. Unfortunately I only realised this once I tried to release myself (something I had done hundreds of times before).
Although hooded I was not gagged and had limited vision. I was able to walk around and could open doors.
I felt perfectly safe, just stupid. While being found in nothing but a hood and leather briefs, with my hands cuffed to my hips was embarrassing, it was hardly dangerous.

stephanie_cd
Forever Mummified

Unread post by stephanie_cd »

Obviously, I felt safe in both of the scenarios above, or I wouldn't have gone through with them!

"The handcuff key is right here in my hand, and I've gotten pretty good at reaching behind me to undo the cuffs."

...which would have worked great if not for the zip tie that effectively shortened the chain so I couldn't reach the keyholes.

In the second scenario, "the handcuff key is right THERE, and there's next to no way that this particular ice release can fail!"

...which would have worked great if I'd double-locked the cuffs, and it DID work great the next time I tried it!

Jimdini wrote:Any form of self bondage release has a risk of failing.
True, but the secret is to MINIMIZE that risk!

Even a basic "ice cube and stocking" release has a risk of failing if the stocking gets hung up on or snagged by the ring.

I had set up the slightly more complicated "ice in a cup" release, with the key tied to one end of a piece of string, with the other end tied to an ice cube in a plastic cup hanging from the ceiling. As long as the ice is heavier than the key, the key remains aloft. When enough ice melts, the key falls. As long as the knot around the ice cube isn't overly large it can't hang up on the lip of the cup, so thin string or thread is best. Ice melts at varying rates, depending on the freezer, the size of the ice cube(s), the size and material of the cup, and the temperature of the room -- but with a little testing and planning, the rate of failure really approaches zero with this method. (Obviously, if you're doing this in Minnesota during a blizzard and the power to the furnace goes out, you've got a problem -- but in most rooms that are a comfortable temperature for bondage, the ice WILL melt.) :D

Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Jimdini »

Stephanie,

I think my story shows that the biggest risk is over confidence in the reliability of the release.(I had photographed myself like this and got free many times,) All I had to do to get free was make my way to the key pick it up and work it into the lock.The key was on a desk and easily accessible, the only thing keeping me bound (i thought) was how long I wanted to be like that.

But just a small loss of weight leading to one minor change in the set up and I was stuck,bound and embarrassed!

Have added Tumblr blog https://www.tumblr.com/blog/jimdini
Last edited by Jimdini on 23 Apr 2016, 18:29, edited 1 time in total.

lanad
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by lanad »

"I think my story shows that the biggest risk is over confidence in the reliability of the release."
and you can add to that warning about the quality of the equipment that you use,
I am writing an account off a steel ring that I use in my bondage, and it failed and kept me trapped for almost 25 hours, the original plan was 10hours, nightmare or what (but I loved it) but not at the time.

FatherOfFour
Chair Bound

Please Lanad, Could You tell us the story: the setup, how the ring failed, how did You escape?
I like learning from mistakes, and other's are the best...

lanad
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by lanad »

currently on the seventh page, trying to wright down all my thoughts and my fears and my struggle for freedom, technically I suppose I should say how I tied my self up, so I might be able to add that in, as for the fucking ring I'm going to photograph it and the wrist rope add that in, a sort of how it should work and how it did not work, I have a vid of another session that shows the tie up, I think that I could take some screen shots and add these. but it all takes time and I'll post soon.

lanad
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by lanad »

FatherOfFour wrote:Please Lanad, Could You tell us the story: the setup, how the ring failed, how did You escape?
I like learning from mistakes, and other's are the best...
Hi I've finished the story from start to finish, just need to put in some photos, I have posted in
http://speedilydangerousconnoisseur.tumblr.com/

FatherOfFour
Chair Bound

I browsed in awe Your tumblr albums (when You added the account at Your signature), and refrained myself from any comment, but as You invite me to admire You again, I'm "bursting" now:
- You're unbelievably natural and elegant.
- Your know who You are and what You want and You're happy with it
- Your pleased with Your life, and You're living it the way You want it...
For me, You're a role-model(*), and I'm reaching fifties... not the young crane...
When (_if_) I'll ever find my way out of the closet, You'll have been one of the guiding lights...

Now the cat is out... , I have to go back to work
Sorry if I offended,
Sincerely,
f4

================
(*) This winter I took my wife to a local BDSM event for a drink or two. It was open for everybody, no nudity, no hard play. The drive for it came from those forums, and I let her glimpse a few corners of my mind...
Thank You and the Forum for it!