Anyone else walk around their house in leg irons?

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.
this_girl
Chair Bound

Re: Anyone else walk around their house in leg irons?

Unread post by this_girl »

Stahlketten wrote:
this_girl wrote: I don't post photographs of myself....
Are these not photographs of you?
http://www.boundforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=102135
No. Those are photographs of thisgirl. I know it is only an underscore but ...

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Stahlketten »

[quote="this_girl]
No. Those are photographs of thisgirl. I know it is only an underscore but ...[/quote]

Thanks. I had not noticed the difference in the name.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Jimdini wrote: I use standard 'quick repair links' with the screw tightened up with pliers. So access to tools needed to separate them.
Unless you really want to be able to separate the links, a bit of Red Loctite or solder would make things pretty much permanent. A cold shut would also be pretty permanent though I don't like the appearance of either.
Jimdini wrote: Adequate, the locking posts are just screws fixed into the steel but the locks need the key inserting to close them, so no chance of accidental locking. This means that I need to secure these keys to the waist chain with small padlocks and then wait for the keys to the padlocks to be released. This slows down the escape but as I remain mobile I can at least leave the house in an emergency.
I have something with a similar type of lock, but my set has a faulty lock and with the proper technique can be opened without a key. Can you post a close up image of the lock? Mine uses a key with a "+" shaped cross section.
I found a pretty good deal on Ebay for a set identical to mine but the seller told me that set had other problems.
Jimdini wrote: Yes, they don't give much thought. The cuffs only come in male and female sizes. I am only of medium build and the 'male' cuffs are a tight fit, if you have thicker wrists or ankles they are not going to fit! The barrels of the locks intrude into the cuffs meaning that there is very little 'play' when on and meaning they become very uncomfortable after an hour or so.
I had the same problem with the simple Male / Female sizes. Their idea of a Male size seems to be for very thin males.
I will look for images to see how bad the locking mechanism gets in the way.

tiemeupalso
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by tiemeupalso »

jimdini.look on amazon and get some over the boot cuffs.they are the same as the regular shackles but muc

bootboydco
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by bootboydco »

I use Peerless oversize handcuffs as ankle cuffs. The chain is much shorter thus restricting my walk down to a hobble.
Attachments
Ankle cuffs
Ankle cuffs

orion1545
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by orion1545 »

Nice bootboydco.. and those boots.. those are high! That adds to the difficulty as well. Do you keep yourself in these for a good period of time?

orion1545
Unfettered Newbie

Todays Choice:
A Nice pair of black stockings, a pair of apostrophe high heeled opened toed sandals, and decided on a pair of speed king leg irons with the double lock.
Will walk around the house for a few hours like this today. MMMMM..
Attachments
sm3.jpg
sm2.jpg
1sm.jpg

orion1545
Unfettered Newbie

Pics of them on .. ready for the day.
Attachments
sm6.jpg
sm5.jpg
sm4.jpg

Petrajane
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Petrajane »

I've always found leg irons to be incredibly painful, cutting into my achilles tendons. Or is it just me?

Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Jimdini »

Petrajane wrote:I've always found leg irons to be incredibly painful, cutting into my achilles tendons. Or is it just me?
Yes I find leg cuffs do this, but the manacle style irons take a lot longer to become uncomfortable. :)
Never confuse your ambition with your abilitues, if you can't free yourself who will?

tiemeupalso
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by tiemeupalso »

iwant to make some leg strips that will go under and be held by the leg cuffs

orion1545
Unfettered Newbie

I made some cushion type pads that go around the ankle before you put the cuff on.. but unfortunately I used electrical tape to hold it together, after a couple uses it lease tape residue on my legs.. so back to the drawling board.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Petrajane wrote:I've always found leg irons to be incredibly painful, cutting into my achilles tendons. Or is it just me?
A lot of it depends on how tight the leg irons are and how sharp the edges are. I also have a set of the leg irons that Orion1545 used and those have pretty sharp edges. That set of leg irons was made by a company called American Munitions. Their early handcuffs and leg irons were all pretty sharp edged. For a long time, the US military used their products. They later changed their company name to American Handcuff Company and their more recent products were much more rounded and comfortable. I believe they are the most comfortable of any modern style leg irons. I think their products were pretty well made except that some production had very poor plating which tended to flake off especially at the chain links. They also tended to be not very resistant to rust in harsh conditions but that isn't how mine are used, so I have never seen any rust except for on the old black finish military handcuffs. I think the company went out of business a few years back.

As for comfort, my own choice is to have the cuffs much looser than Orion1545 has them in the pictures. I like them to hang below the Achilles tendon so there isn't pressure on the tendon when trying to walk. They can be pretty loose and still be impossible to slip off. Another idea is to used doubled up leg warmers for padding under the cuffs.
If you have a choice of jewelry to wear, the Darby style leg irons are much more comfortable because even though they are heavier, the sections are all rounded. The Harvard leg irons that Orion1545 had in earlier photographs are some of the least comfortable because the openings are pretty small in diameter.

orion1545
Unfettered Newbie

You know your cuffs Stahlketten!

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

orion1545 wrote:You know your cuffs Stahlketten!
Thanks.
Just like you, I have a pretty extensive collection.
In my case though, there isn't a set that I believe has all the right features.

zixje
Chair Bound

Unread post by zixje »

I wear them quite a lot at home, but mostly when I am in high heeled boots. This serves 2 purposes: no dragging of the chain over the floor, and they don't hurt when you lock them around the boots :)

Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Jimdini »

Petrajane wrote:e always found leg irons to be incredibly painful, cutting into my achilles tendons. Or is it just me
I find this to be a problem with all leg/ankle cuffs after a few hours (even leather cuffs), I think the ankles swell after a while.
But I am like Stahlketten I prefer the inescapable feel of metal. A few sores and bruises are a small price for having been a helpless prisoner, don't you think?
Never confuse your ambition with your abilitues, if you can't free yourself who will?

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

You could always put on a set of leg warmers under the leg irons.
Real prisoners in China who are kept in leg irons sometimes wrap strips of cloth around their shackles to keep the metal from rubbing against their skin.
Even with padding to make them comfortable, the restraints are hard to ignore after a while.

lotharj
Chair Bound

Unread post by lotharj »

Screenshot_20180707-011727_Photos.jpg
My owner recently has me wear these on my neck, wrists, and ankles almost the entire time I'm in the house and then sometimes out and about (look sorta like jewelry at least to the naive observer). I'm even sleeping with them on as well for the past few weeks.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074CXKKVV/re ... fAkqPp9VuP

They have many different sizes available and the ones I'm wearing don't damage my ankles at all. They can get turned a little bit at times as they are oval in shape which makes then a little uncomfortable then, but I can usually fix the orientation quickly even if totally restrained.

I love the feeling of them though as they are heavy enough to be reminded of its purpose and security. They even fine with a drill bit to make them permanently locked which we have been contemplating.

Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Jimdini »

I have added a little medieval refinement to my manacles as you can see.
Attachments
Please release me 1.jpg
Please release me 1.jpg (11.44 KiB) Viewed 65798 times