Be careful with new toys

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.
Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Be careful with new toys

Unread post by Jimdini »

Just spent nearly two hours in bondage, only intended thirty minutes! Got my gear together, single link ankle cuffs, universal joint handcuffs and ballgag. Set up ice release to drop handcuff keys so I could reach them. Stripped to my tanga briefs and locked myself up hands behind back and started to struggle and enjoy my helplessness.

While hopping towards where my keys would fall I spotted my Irish eight bolt lock handcuffs that I had got as a birthday present. My keys dropped as planned and I removed the handcuffs. But before removing the rest of my restraints I decided to see what they would look like on my wrists.

Now these cuffs are only supposed to lock when you unscrew the key and remove it. Both keys were in the locks, so I decided to see what movement they would allow arms in front. I locked on the right cuff then put my left wrist in the other cuff keeping my wrists pressed together I turned my arms over left and then right to see how much movement I would have. As I turned them to the right the bar of the left cuff swung closed and there was an ominous click. I tried getting the left cuff to open but it was secure. This couldn’t be happening they shouldn’t lock with the key in!

I spent ten minutes or so trying to reach the key in the left lock but couldn’t turn it. I then tried to get the key for the right cuff back into the lock. Still no good, next I tried to wedge the key in the top of a drawer but it kept getting pushed open and with my ankles cuffed I couldn’t use my knee to keep it shut. I had a vice out in the garage but it was still bright daylight and I didn’t fancy being in full view of the neighbours and any passersby bound as I was.

I tried again to reach the key and turn it, then I tried to remove the ballgag, but with my wrist held together by the cuffs I couldn’t unbuckle it. My release key was hanging too high to use to release my ankle cuffs. I was well and truly stuck. Last resort text my friend (back up) for help. As I had not arranged anything there was a chance they wouldn’t be available. If they didn’t respond I would just have to sit it out until it got dark enough for me to try for the garage.

Fortunately after about twenty minutes they responded and fifteen minutes later I was free! The moral here is always check out locking mechanisms on new toys before you try them on.
Never confuse your ambition with your abilitues, if you can't free yourself who will?

RAE123
Tightly Hogtied

Re: Be careful with new toys

Unread post by RAE123 »

You are a lucky person; All these toys to play with, and some one to help you when you get stuck.
Rae

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Stahlketten »

What happens if you try out the locking mechanism on a set of new toys and they seem to work fine but get stuck later when in use? I have had that happen three times and they have all been with modern style handcuffs.
Once was with a set of S&W Model 100 handcuffs that were not originally a matched set but had been welded together at the swivel to make a set of rigid cuffs.
The second time was with a set of American Handcuff Company military style handcuffs.
The most recent was with an early set of Smith & Wesson Model 100s.

The first set of Smith & Wesson's jammed but only on one side, so I clamped that cuff in a vise and sawed through it with a hacksaw. That is why I know that S&W uses pretty soft steel in their handcuffs. It took less than a minute to saw through.

The American Handcuff Company had a little story that went with them from the seller: A prisoner who had been restrained by them (a very famous person) had complained and cursed because the jailer could not unlock the cuffs and had to use soap and a lot of effort to get him out.
When I disassembled the handcuffs, I found that the bit of a key had broken off inside and sometimes would move to a place where it could jam the lock.

The second set of Smith & Wesson's had a double lock that would not disengage with a key but a quick tap with a hammer disengaged the double lock and then it opened normally. It is still sitting in solvent at the moment to see if that will help free whatever is inside that should not be there.

Trying out the lock first doesn't always work.

lockedup4eva
Chair Bound

Unread post by lockedup4eva »

Isnt it so often the case though that when something goes wrong in our selfbondage, its down to either it being new gear that you dont fully know your limitations with, or a peice of bondage added on a whim during tie-up?

You can take as much care as you like but our kink will always always always carry a) unforseens and b) clouded judgement due to sex hormones!
Please mistress, lock me up and take the keys....

Saltmist
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Saltmist »

By reading all of this ithink it could help to learn lockpicking & magic tricks.

I agree that arousing could lead you to be stuck for longer time than you expect. I was only stuck in handcuff once but fortunately it was poor quality handcuff (the too part of the handcuff don't exactly fit and stay well in place when lock) so i manage to free one of my hand.
Btw Great story about your handcuffs

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Have you seen my thread about modifying bondage cuffs?
The reason I did that was because we have so many keys that finding them all is impossible and I still like the idea that if a prisoner is locked up, there is no possibility of escape until the Jailer allows it. Handcuff locks are pretty simple, so I thought we needed something to make escape more difficult / impossible.
Bondage wouldn't be the same if the prisoner could get free at any time.

Saltmist
Unfettered Newbie

I didn't see it but i will search for it. Making the escape more difficult for someone who doesn't know the thing.
Now i think about some "trials" in bondage sessions, trying to free yourself with locks and handcufff, easy and hard. Reward or punishement if ou get free or not :)

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Saltmist,

You can find the other thread here:

http://www.boundforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=105972

We just haven't used these toys in a session yet though I have had a pretty lady in them for a couple minutes for testing.
Each item was tested a few days after it was converted and unfortunately I have not had a chance to put her in all the toys at the same time.

For many years, every new toy that was bought or made was tried on her first. I wonder if that could be considered an honor to be the test subject for bondage equipment?

tiemeupalso
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by tiemeupalso »

I cant speek for her but I would love to be the one new toys were tried on:)

Saltmist
Unfettered Newbie

Thanks a lot Stahlketten ! I'll read it carefully.

I think it can be considered an honor :)
If my close friends wanted to try some device on me i wouldn't say no !

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

There isn't any great significance to the "Modifying Bondage Cuffs" thread other than an illustration of a pretty neat idea for making modern handcuffs more secure. The original topic was really something different from where it ended up.

A lot of the "new" toys that I get are really very old toys and require some work to make them functional. There are at least a half dozen pairs of handcuffs I have that currently have no key. Some can be opened anyway. Some cannot and will not be easily opened until I make a key.
My Lady does not realize how sure I actually need to be of a new toy before I would consider trying it on her, but one indication might be that nothing has ever gotten stuck on her yet.