Electromagnet and Smartplug

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.
Cd Tammy
Tightly Hogtied

Electromagnet and Smartplug

Unread post by Cd Tammy »

In just a couple weeks, I will have some alone time on my hand. I have been away from self-bondage just too long. Lots of ideas have come into my head. I have a dog kennel that I have used with the frozen key method, and of course lots of restraints so that I could do something using them. I am eagerly looking forward to incorporating this electromagnetic lock and a smart plug (or two) into the fun. Obviously, I will be dressed, and the position will be uncomfortable. I am excited. I'm open to self-bondage ideas using these new toys.
Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 2.23.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 2.23.04 PM.png (57.33 KiB) Viewed 22662 times
Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 2.26.31 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 2.26.31 PM.png (157.11 KiB) Viewed 22662 times

BoundCharlotte
Chair Bound

Re: Electromagnet and Smartplug

Unread post by BoundCharlotte »

Smart plugs have been known to glitch out... hope you have a backup plan if they don’t turn off.

Cd Tammy
Tightly Hogtied

Yes, I do. Thank you for asking. My plan is to use an old fashioned timer switch that is mechanical. Push in the pins for on time, pull out the pins for off time. I have a few of them. One has been doing my lights for years. I will of course, run tests before I make that commitment to secure myself with it. But I can set the mechanical timer for a longer time, say 4 hours. Then set the TP-Link for 1 hour in the Kasa app. Either way, the electricity is going to go off and the magnet will release.

I am just surprised in our world there is not more talk of these things.

You mentioned that this are unreliable. I have been using two for a week. One programed to turn on lights at certain times and turn them off. The other is programed to turn off or on a fan. Both have worked flawless thus far. I am looking for more specific control than an ice lock.

Petrajane
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Petrajane »

I've been using a push pin mechanical timer to control my house lights for years now, same one still works perfectly. I've also got a newer one that allows up to ten on/off periods which is electronic rather than mechanical. This one controls my hitachi wand for when I'm in the mood and this along with Qwerty20's self bondage montion detector has given me hours of fun and continues to do so.

But yes, always check that these things do sork as you expect them to, especially if you haven't used them for a while... :D

BoundCharlotte
Chair Bound

Unread post by BoundCharlotte »

The mechanical is a very good back up… There is of course the risk of the electromagnets becoming magnetized but any residual magnetism you can probably break out of.

It would be funny if someone hacked your smart switch and kept you bound until mechanical back up saved you . :D

Cd Tammy
Tightly Hogtied

Funny, after the fact but at the time, probably not so much. The method that I have used for years is ice melting for release. It’s a little messy but also unpredictable. I am just surprised that these are not more in use in this scene.

SergioUK
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by SergioUK »

Those magnetic locks are designed such that residual magnetism is minimal (I forget the science as university was decades ago) because doors absolutely have to release in the event of fire for instance (Underwriters Labs are probably the strictest testing body in the world).

That said, I often use one of each. A chain frozen in a bottle on one leg of the bed, the magnetic lock on another. The bottle is sized to take some, possibly many hours longer than the magnetic lock but at least I know I'll get out eventually without having to scream for the neighbours.

buck100
Chair Bound

Unread post by buck100 »

I have been using an electromagnet very similar to the one in your photo for several years. I have it mounted on the ceiling. There are two possible problems: There is residual magnetism. If you are counting on the key to fall off it might not. You need to add some weight to the key. Or, you can attach a string which is what I do. I need the string to retrieve the key. If the key sticks a very light tug will bring it down. However if you can get the right angle you can pull it off the energized magnet. It will slide to the side and come off.

Digital electronic locks are great, but very easy to misprogram. I generally use the old mechanical lock in series just in case.

I have used a smart plug programmed for a friend's cell phone, but not mine. I get out when he decides to let me out. That way I have no idea how long I will be in bondage. I use a timer set for 12 hours or more for backup.

Cd Tammy
Tightly Hogtied

Dropping the key was one way that I had thought of using this initially but I am more inclined to use the magnet as the bondage lock. An example would be me standing on my tip toes (I’d be dressed of course, so standing on my toes in pumps.) with my arms stretched above me. The chain that I’m handcuffed to would be attached to the metal plate which would be on the magnet. When it releases, I’m going to know it.

I did something similar with a block of ice. Until it melted, I was stuck. When it did melt, I collapsed to the floor. It had been a lot longer than expected.

SergioUK
Tightly Hogtied

You'll quite likely know it because the keeper plate will fall and hit you when it releases. :-) Better to run the chain through a pulley or loop attached to the ceiling and on to the magnet fixed somewhere else. Obviously make sure that there's enough free chain that you can release yourself once the magnet unlocks.

Cd Tammy
Tightly Hogtied

I used to do ice as release method. I used a pulley many times and one time, even after the ice melted, I was still stuck. It took quite a while, and I was thinking that I’d never get free.

SergioUK
Tightly Hogtied

one time, even after the ice melted, I was still stuck. It took quite a while, and I was thinking that I’d never get free
What went wrong? I'm always careful to keep the setup as simple as possible, and consider possibilities for ropes or chains snagging on things as they release, and what would happen if they're not under tension when the ice or magnet releases, could they call and get caught on something else.

this_girl
Chair Bound

Unread post by this_girl »

What went wrong? I'm always careful to keep the setup as simple as possible, and consider possibilities for ropes or chains snagging on things as they release, and what would happen if they're not under tension when the ice or magnet releases, could they call and get caught on something else.
Yes, quite right. but we all make mistakes. My first self bondage experience was not well thought through and I ended up in an (almost) inescapable position, panic and the most fantastic orgasm.

Now, I am more careful.

Cd Tammy
Tightly Hogtied

SergioUK wrote:
one time, even after the ice melted, I was still stuck. It took quite a while, and I was thinking that I’d never get free
After the ice had melted, the line was wet. It did not go easily through the pulley. It actually swelled a little bit near the end but I kept working at it and it eventually went through the pulley. Other times, I did ice not using a pulley and found that location temperature made things take longer.

Cd Tammy
Tightly Hogtied

this_girl wrote:
Yes, quite right. but we all make mistakes. My first self bondage experience was not well thought through and I ended up in an (almost) inescapable position, panic and the most fantastic orgasm.

Now, I am more careful.
I had restrained myself using ice release many times but always seemed to get free in a what I considered to be too short of a time. I went with a larger container for the ice. I was in an inescapable position. I was actually in that position for far longer than planned. Like you, I had a fantastic orgasm despite my predicament. When the ice finally melted, I actually fell to the floor spent.