Ice lock in practice

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.
rubbermark
Unfettered Newbie

Ice lock in practice

Unread post by rubbermark »

I'm intrigued to know how effective the steel tube style ice locks that are available to buy are. I've never been convinced that a lock like this would be capable of holding a fairly strong person who is struggling against their bonds for more than a few seconds.

If anyone has ever used one of these and has a good experience of it then please let me know as is be keen to get one if I know it can hold me properly for at least a while.

walksonwalker2
Tightly Hogtied

Re: Ice lock in practice

Unread post by walksonwalker2 »

Hi there. They are made from solid steel. I can't see anyone managing to snap one.
Two's company, three's an orgy.

http://www.bondageharness.co.uk

locked4her55
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by locked4her55 »

Ice Locks
Ice Locks
So, being the DIY kinda guy I am, and not wanting to pay the $$$'s for what I have seen out there, I decided to make my own.

I visited my local Home Depot and purchased 3 pieces of short threaded pipe in the plumbing dept. 3/4", 1" and 1 1/4" diameters. Got two end caps for each pipe along with 3 small threaded eye bolts and 3 larger and longer threaded eye bolts.

Drilled holes in the center on all of the cap ends. Secured the smaller eye bolts with nuts to one of the caps and screwed it on. Made the holes on the other end caps just slightly larger than the larger eye bolt threaded shank, a little silver spray paint for aesthetics and you're done.

I filled up the larger hole with water, place the eye bolt shank into the hole and place upright in the freezer.

I have found that they hold quite well. Not a chance of pulling the eye bolt out until the ice has melted.

The 1 1/4" takes more time to release than the 3/4".

For cheap money I believe I achieved the same results as what I've seen advertised.
Happily Locked in a chastity device serving my Princess since 2010

taibhse
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by taibhse »

Hi.
Late reply I know, but....

I have one of the MEO Ice Locks, not the cheapest, but it’s been worth every cent. Fill it up, drop it in the freezer for a day and you’re ready to go. The quickest this has melted has been about 80 mins on a warm summers day. This time of the year it’s def closer to 2 hrs. Once the last padlock is locked you’re in place until the ice melts. End. As others have said they’re solid steel and the MEO is very well made. Out of curiosity I’ve pulled as hard as I could to get the lock to release early, with absolutely no effect.

Theere’s cheaper models than the MEO, but I doubt you’d pull yourself free from them either.

Hope that helps.

ruru67
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by ruru67 »

What's always put me off buying or making one of these is the water dripping out them as they melt.

I've thought about an approach where rather than the ice engaging the lock directly, the ice blocks the movement that would allow the lock to open. One thought was a U shackel, with a long end attached to a perforated piston that can move in a cylinder, as long as the water in the cylinder isn't frozen. The other end of the U would slot into a recess protecting it from bending outward under load when closed.

SergioUK
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by SergioUK »

What's always put me off buying or making one of these is the water dripping out them as they melt.
That's always struck me as a disadvantage of ice locks. The chain in bottle method avoids this if the bottle is fixed upright, but another method I've considered is to put a condom in the bottle and fill that, but then it needs something larger at the end of the chain which isn't going to burst the condom when pulled out. Another method would be a 'lock' in which a condom of frozen water blocks the bolt from moving until it melts, but I've not devised an elegant mechanism.

lotharj
Chair Bound

Unread post by lotharj »

I find this very effective to put keys in (but pricey)

Kitchen Safe: Time Locking Container (White Lid + Clear Base) - 5.5" Height https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E9J3MLM

It also has a built in safety in that you can smash it in emergency (penalty of costing $$$ to replace)

Sashauk
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Sashauk »

lotharj wrote:I find this very effective to put keys in (but pricey)

Kitchen Safe: Time Locking Container (White Lid + Clear Base) - 5.5" Height https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E9J3MLM

It also has a built in safety in that you can smash it in emergency (penalty of costing $$$ to replace)
I have a kitchen safe and find it very good. Used it on plenty of occasions, and so far I've not had the need to break into it. I think if you were reasonably well locked up that would be pretty difficult to do that anyway as it is made from quite thick plastic.