rope cam cleat

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.
dsteve
Tightly Hogtied

rope cam cleat

Unread post by dsteve »

this is called a rope cam cleat:
download.jpeg
download.jpeg (4.21 KiB) Viewed 4133 times
I can see lots of possibilities for using this in self bondage, but, how to open it.
Obviously, the rope slides easily in one direction, but the harder you pull in the other direction, the tighter the jaws (cams) close.
Any ideas for an opening mechanism??
dSteve

ruru67
Tightly Hogtied

Re: rope cam cleat

Unread post by ruru67 »

dsteve wrote:this is called a rope cam cleat:
download.jpeg
I can see lots of possibilities for using this in self bondage, but, how to open it.
Obviously, the rope slides easily in one direction, but the harder you pull in the other direction, the tighter the jaws (cams) close.
Any ideas for an opening mechanism??
Normally, you'll have this thing installed in line with the rope's attachment point or the last pulley in a pulley system, so that you pull the rope to roughly where you want it, drop it into the cleat, and tighten in the cleat. Then to release, you just lift it out of the cleat. (If it's carrying a lot of load, it night need a bit of a tug.)

If the business end of the rope can move around, you might put a saddle in front of it to guide the rope into the cleat and stop it being lifted out.

I friend and I built a St Andrews Cross, where we used holes in the extremities to attach ropes extending the "victim's" wrists / ankles. Originally, we had eyebolts in the back of the cross to tie the ropes to, but he then added cleats - that way you could tie a loop to the eyebolt, come out through the hole to the front, loop through a wrist cuff, and come back through the hole to the cleat - the out-and-back gave you 2:1 advantage in pulling the "victim" to where you wanted, and the fact the rope went through hole to the cleat meant it couldn't be disengaged from the cleat unless they could reach the free end of the rope and lift it out.

For a self-bondage arrangement, you want some arrangement that lets you pull the rope out of the cleat when the time comes. Or you have a separate arrangement for release, e.g. attach a cleat to a magnetic lock; use the cleat to pull tight, and a timer on the magnet to release.