Posey Straitjacket solo

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.
nanomonster
Tightly Hogtied

RE: Posey Straitjacket solo

Unread post by nanomonster »

************************************************************************************************************************** CAUTION : The method described here provides step by step instructions to allow somebody to put on a regulation Posey straitjacket on their own and also provides a method for taking it off. Once the jacket is on with all the straps done tightly (or even loosely), escape is impossible without the key to the Segufix lock. Attempt this at your own risk. I will under no circumstances accept responsability for the use (or misuse) of this method, nor for accidents, injuries or problems that may occur as a result. *****************************************************************************************************************************************  This is my method for getting in and out of a genuine Posey straitjacket with all the straps done as tight as can be.To start off, I am not Houdini so this requires the jacket to be slightly modified for solo use. As you will see, the modifications required are quite minor and I believe that most anyone with basic hand sewing skills can pull this off. Let's start with the list of ingredients: 1- Posey jacket of proper size (mine is Yellow)  1- Segufix magnetic lock and key(Segufix locks model #2206 can be purchased from Harry Tasker in Germany.)http://joomla.tasker.blacksteel.com/ind ... lang=enYou can puchase the key also, but any big rare earth magnet will work fine as a key.  1- 1 1/2 inch nylon webbing strap (about 3 to 4 feet long)   1- 1 1/2 inch nylon side release buckle with friction adjustment  Modification 1 : Make the jacket fit better (optional) I did this because even if you follow the sizing guidelines properly, you will find that a Posey jacket fits kind of loosely around the torso and, in IMHO, the fit can be improved by removing a few inches. For this reason, I did sew two vertical folds in the front on either side of the center strap to take up much of the slack that's built-in the jacket around the torso. Here's what it looks like once this is done.  Modification 2 : Modify the right sleeve. This modification is the most important. To do this, I cut the canvas strap at the end of the right arm sleeve to just about 7 inches long and made a single hole with a gromet near the end. The idea is to have this strap fold back towards the arm and hold the female part of the nylon side release buckle, where it meets with another hole (and gromet) placed on the inside of the arm sleeve (notice that I've put some reinforcement for the hole located in the sleeve by sewing a short piece of canvas strap over it). At this point, the two holes will be connected with the segufix lock, with the plastic cap located inside of the sleeve about where the hand ends up in the sleeve, like so.  Modification 2 : Modify the left sleeve For the second sleeve all that's needed is to cut off the original canvas strap holding the friction buckle and replace it with a length of about 3 feet of nylon webbing threaded through the friction adjustment of the male part of the side release nylon buckle. To finish it off, a D-ring is fitted at the end. My strap is 3 feet long from the end of the sleeve to the D ring at the end. This measurement is not crucial and is given as an indication only. It may vary depending on your size and the size of your jacket; so you'll probably be fine with a shorter strap, if you're smaller and own a smaller jacket.   That's it ! The jacket is ready to be used solo. I'll explain how in the next few posts...nanomonster2011-04-20 08:33:14

nanomonster
Tightly Hogtied

Before putting the jacket ON, the first thing to do is to attach all 3 upper straps behind the back for a nice comfy fit and leave the 2 lower straps undone (waist and between legs).With the three upper straps done, you can put the jacket on and off much like a sweater and adjust the upper straps until you get a snug fit. You wont need to re-adjust those afterwards... Once this is done, you have to put the jacket on (like a sweater) once more and then secure both the lower horizontal waist strap and the "between the legs" strap tightly. (it's a bit awkward to tie the straps with the hands in the sleeves at first, but it's easy to do once you get the hang of it) Now comes the tricky part... (Mind you, this is way more difficult to explain than it is to do, so bear with me...) Now, what we need to do is to secure the last strap attaching the arms behind the back. To do this, you need to use two pieces of small rope that you have both previously secured to a post or a fixed anchor point located slightly above elbow height (while standing). One rope is about 4 feet long and has a carabiner hook attached to the end of it with a regular knot. The second rope is about 8 feet long and also has a carabiner hook attached about one feet further than the other carabiner (so roughly 5 feet) with a special knot.   The special knot is simply a single knot with the extremity of the rope folded in it (and not passing through). The reason for tying it this way is to make it easy to untie once the strap is tightened by simply pulling on the excess rope. nanomonster2011-04-19 00:27:43

nanomonster
Tightly Hogtied

Having followed the instructions so far, you would be standing with the straitjacket on, next to the two ropes with the carabiners tied to a post or anchor of some kind just above elbow height. For reference purposes, let's just say that the shorter rope with the carabiner tied at the end is rope A and that the longer rope with the special knot tying the other carabiner is rope B.1- stand so that the ropes are on your left side, then pass the shorter rope (rope A) through the left side arm loop, from the front towards the back. Let rope  B as is (ie just dangling from the point af attachment). 2- using your right hand, behind your back, reach and grab both dangling ropes and bring them to your right side, then let the ropes slide until you have the two carabiners in your right hand. (this takes a bit of practice, because it's hard to feel and grab the ropes with your hand through the jacket sleeve...) 3- While keeping hold of the two carabiners with your right hand, place your left arm in position through the front loop of the jacket, then through the right side arm loop with the attached strap leading. 4- At this point, the D ring and the male part of the side release buckle on the strap should be passed through the right side arm loop. What you need to do then is to attach the two carabiner hooks in your right hand, to the D-ring at the end of that strap. 5- Make a quarter turn to the left and pull away slowly (backward) from the post or anchor. In doing so, rope A will pull on the strap attached to the end of your left sleeve and eventually bring the D ring and male part of the side release buckle to your left side and then through the left side arm loop (from back to front) 6- All you have to do now is put your right arm through the front jacket loop, then match the female part of the side release buckle with the male part that is now on your left side and snap it shut. 7- Undo the carabiner for rope A from the D ring. 8- Make a quarter turn to the right and pull, facing away from the anchor. Since only rope B is attached to the D ring now, the friction adjustment of the nylon buckle will start to cinch, bringing the end of the arm sleeves closer and closer together behind your back, effectively securing the jacket. You can choose to make it as tight as you want by pulling until there is no more loose. 9- The final touch is to step with one foot on the end of rope B and pull. this will undo the knot and free rope B from the carabiner. If you did it properly, here is what you should end up with...     A snug, tight and inescapable bind... Trust me: there is no escape from this jacket without the magnet key for the segufix lock...   nanomonster2011-04-19 00:41:02

nanomonster
Tightly Hogtied

The last step is to take the jacket off... Boring !!!  To do that, you have to use a strong magnet and bring it close to the plastic cap of the segufix lock, until it releases. One convenient way to do it is to put the magnet on a fixed object at about elbow height and then to lean on it so that the magnet comes in contact with the plastic cap through the material of the jacket. Make sure though that the magnet is strong enough to reliably open the lock through the fabric. Once it is released, you can get your right arm loose by working the pin of the segufix lock out of the sleeve and then slip the strap out. WARNING : I discovered that this step can be tricky, so I added one last modification to the jacket to prevent the pin from the lock from staying in : causing the strap to get stuck and not sliding out.  To prevent the pin from remaining in the strap and eventually preventing it from slipping through, I added a little (black) retainer nylon strap sewn in the sleeve of the jacket.  This way, it is impossible for the pin to remain attached to the strap. You do need to work it out with your fingers so that the end of the strap is freed, once the segufix lock is open however. nanomonster2011-04-20 08:35:48

RAE
Strict Strappado

Unread post by RAE »

I have a Poesy Jacket myself. I like the way you made it a solo experience.Since I have 2 of them, I will try in the near future to rig one up like youexplained. One of my jackets, I Modified with a small zipper in the right sleeve to able to stick my hand out and buckle the straps on the bottom and be-twine the legs.I have the arms buckled, but out side the front strap, so I can pull it overmy head. I like your way, it relay puts you in the jacket as if some one putyou in it. Rae

Sarahfox
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Sarahfox »

omg I have to do that :DJust gotta get a posey first.I'd always end up coming home after work and give myself therapy XD

nanomonster
Tightly Hogtied

Please if you do attempt this modification, post your results back !  Also make sure that you follow the procedures religiously... For your first experiments, I would highly recommend that you do not attempt to put the jacket on alone. Have a friend present to watch over you or at least have someone visit you later to make sure everything is A-OK. That way, if you get stuck, your friend will be able to help you out. Remember : Practice makes good. Have Fun. nanomonster2011-04-20 08:31:00

nanomonster
Tightly Hogtied

OH... and one last word of caution  Wearing a snug jacket with the straps done tightly puts a lot of strain on the shoulders, especially for men who are not as flexible as most women. This strain is also compounded if you struggle to get out (but you won't ... get out that is ). For this reason, do not secure yourself in for too long at first, because you may end up with very sore shoulder muscles. I learned this lesson the hard way... Personally, I like it done very tight, therefore I can only remain comfy in it for about one to two hours maximum. I could probably go longer if it wasn't done done as tight, but that's not how I like it...nanomonster2011-04-20 18:15:33

Sarahfox
Unfettered Newbie

Well i have been put in a straitjacket before ^.^;So i know the feeling.

nanomonster
Tightly Hogtied

[quote="Sarahfox"] Well i have been put in a straitjacket before ^.^;So i know the feeling.
[/quote]

I'm not really surprised considering your choice of avatar...

Care to elaborate a little.

Was it a Posey jacket ? How much time were you left in ? nanomonster2011-04-21 07:14:31

Sarahfox
Unfettered Newbie

Well, I had been committed before and had to be restrained in that fashion on a few occasions (too long of a story to post XD ), but one of my ex's had a posey as well. Longest I was kept restrained was for an entire evening. They're pretty comfy to sleep in ^>^

nanomonster
Tightly Hogtied

Well your answer made me even more curious...

"Had to be restrained" ? "long story" ?

Anyway, If you care to post it, I for one would be interesting in reading about it...

Sarahfox
Unfettered Newbie

TWell it was when I was younger, and was committed for writing a suicide note in school. From what I heard before, asylums didn't use jackets anymore. Found out the hard way that it wasn't always the case. While the staff was generally nice, breaking the rules or refusing to take medication usually ended up with you being tied up. Since I was under tighter supervision, I was usually fored into a jacket and locked in a isolation cell. Can't say I liked it at first, but over time, the jacket actually made me feel more comfortable. After being released as an out patient, I started my research and soon developed a new fetish XD

nanomonster
Tightly Hogtied

[quote="Sarahfox"] TWell it was when I was younger, and was committed for writing a suicide note in school. From what I heard before, asylums didn't use jackets anymore. Found out the hard way that it wasn't always the case. While the staff was generally nice, breaking the rules or refusing to take medication usually ended up with you being tied up. Since I was under tighter supervision, I was usually fored into a jacket and locked in a isolation cell. Can't say I liked it at first, but over time, the jacket actually made me feel more comfortable. After being released as an out patient, I started my research and soon developed a new fetish XD[/quote]

Ah OK now I understand better.

So, It wasn't kink related... You were actually placed in a straitjacket against your will !

Pardon me for saying so, but I think it's awesome...

Too bad you didn't have the fetish at that time...

Thanks for sharing !!

Sarahfox
Unfettered Newbie

Well I enjoyed it a little more as time went on. Like I said though, my ex had a posey that I wore a ton :)

Leatherman
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Leatherman »

The straight jacket is one of our favorites. We have 3 of them that are used on a regular basis.(at least 4 times a week). I have tried getting one on myself but can never get it done as tight as I like it to be. I guess for me its to much trouble as I have someone here to put it on for me.

Bob NB
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Bob NB »

[quote="Sarahfox"]TWell it was when I was younger, and was committed for writing a suicide note in school. From what I heard before, asylums didn't use jackets anymore. Found out the hard way that it wasn't always the case. While the staff was generally nice, breaking the rules or refusing to take medication usually ended up with you being tied up. Since I was under tighter supervision, I was usually fored into a jacket and locked in a isolation cell. Can't say I liked it at first, but over time, the jacket actually made me feel more comfortable. After being released as an out patient, I started my research and soon developed a new fetish XD[/quote]  That seems like quite an extreme reaction for what you did.

Sarahfox
Unfettered Newbie

[quote="Bob" NB] [quote="Sarahfox"]TWell it was when I was younger, and was committed for writing a suicide note in school. From what I heard before, asylums didn't use jackets anymore. Found out the hard way that it wasn't always the case. While the staff was generally nice, breaking the rules or refusing to take medication usually ended up with you being tied up. Since I was under tighter supervision, I was usually fored into a jacket and locked in a isolation cell. Can't say I liked it at first, but over time, the jacket actually made me feel more comfortable. After being released as an out patient, I started my research and soon developed a new fetish XD[/quote]

That seems like quite an extreme reaction for what you did.[/quote]
Well on my first night I had a physical alteration with a nurse. Very shitty first impression :(

ruru67
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by ruru67 »

[quote=Sarahfox]Well it was when I was younger, and was committed for writing asuicide note in school. From what I heard before, asylums didn't usejackets anymore. Found out the hard way that it wasn't always the case.[/quote]I'm sure I'm not the only one going: "that's hot!"But it's f***ing inhuman."But it's hot!"Seriously though, fetish aside, was the committal really reasonable? Or actionable?And thanks for sharing ... even if it's with a bunch of people (myself included) who will probably never really understand how it actually was at the time.

Sarahfox
Unfettered Newbie

I feel it was a bit much for me writing a note, even though the feelings at the time were legit. I did get help there though. I was never abused or mistreated. If I broke a rule, I was restrained for safety/punishment. Orderlies and doctors treated me fairly, and I got help.Just a bi-product of that was the development of a straitjacket fetish. I would never want to be put in the pscyhward again, but I love the restraints ^.^