Self bondage mittens diy

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.
dsgemily
Unfettered Newbie

RE: Self bondage mittens diy

Unread post by dsgemily »

Does anyone have an idea on how to make some self bondage diy mittens i want some but dont know if anyone knows how to make them.

RAE1
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by RAE1 »

Most of the suppliers have hand mittens. Like the Sub Shop.http://www.sub-shop.com/askautumnbondageadvice.aspxThey are reasonable and ship discreetly. Rae

ruru67
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by ruru67 »

I'm curious. How does the "self" part of a self-bondage mitten work?Please elaborate, preferably with illustrations ... 

Sylli
Chair Bound

Unread post by Sylli »

@ruru: I actuakly had a fully workinng plan for inflatable selfbondage mittens a year or so ago. Working on the principle of having a bulb to inflate. My idea was to put the inflation bulb on the inside of the mitten and the escape valve on the outside. That way, you insert your hand, grab the bulb, squeze until the mitten inflates up to a point you can no longer let the bulb go. Hand squeezed into a really tight fist, grabbing the bulb, seemed rather helpless to me. With just the deflation valve onvthe outside, it could be a great selfbondage tool, although, i have to admit, works better with a escape/release person. Afterall, can't let the air out without your mouth, and what is selfbondage without a nice and tight gag ;)

mummy man
Chair Bound

Unread post by mummy man »

I made a pair out of duct tape once. It's easy ,just apply tape to one hand till you have a good mitten that your satisfied with. Next split it down the back with a pair of bandage scizzers and peal it off your hand.  Next install metal eyelets [you can get them at wal-mart] for the laces. As for using them by yourself just put the first one on and lace it up with your free hand. Next have the laces in the other one loose enough to get your hand in and pull them as thight as you can with your teeth, using a piece of duct tape I already placed on the wrist of the glove, I pull the lace up my wrist then push the tape over the laces holding them tight.

RAE1
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by RAE1 »

I have a pair of leather mittens; and can easily put them on with a little help from my teeth. I put a short string on the zipper, and pull them up. The next is the hasptype wrist cuff, putting a pad lock on each, is not that hard.The trick is trying to get the key into the lock afterwords. If you are gaged, it canbe a real challenge.Have fun.Rae

nanomonster
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by nanomonster »

I have an idea (and pattern) for making bondage mittens out of 3mm neoprene and nylon webbing but haven't actually gotten around to make them yet.

I'll post it later if anybody's interested...

styrene
Chair Bound

Unread post by styrene »

[quote]@ruru: I actuakly had a fully workinng plan for inflatable selfbondage mittens a year or so ago. Working on the principle of having a bulb to inflate. My idea was to put the inflation bulb on the inside of the mitten and the escape valve on the outside. That way, you insert your hand, grab the bulb, squeze until the mitten inflates up to a point you can no longer let the bulb go. Hand squeezed into a really tight fist, grabbing the bulb, seemed rather helpless to me. With just the deflation valve onvthe outside, it could be a great selfbondage tool, although, i have to admit, works better with a escape/release person. Afterall, can't let the air out without your mouth, and what is selfbondage without a nice and tight gag ;) [/quote]

I remember reading a story some time ago that had something like this, were I don't remember the story i do remember wanting to try them myself.

[quote] I made a pair out of duct tape once. It's easy ,just apply tape to one hand till you have a good mitten that your satisfied with. Next split it down the back with a pair of bandage scizzers and peal it off your hand. Next install metal eyelets [you can get them at wal-mart] for the laces. As for using them by yourself just put the first one on and lace it up with your free hand. Next have the laces in the other one loose enough to get your hand in and pull them as thight as you can with your teeth, using a piece of duct tape I already placed on the wrist of the glove, I pull the lace up my wrist then push the tape over the laces holding them tight. [/quote]

I do something like this, I place a roll of duct (PVC) tape over some type of poll (like a bed post) and roll my hand around the post until it is taped all over like mit. The tape is easy to brake without the help of a knife. Removing is easy as just just need to find the end of the tape and unwarp back to other way, I find this works well a electronic release stock. Note: That in Australia well call PVC tape duct tape, don't ask me why.

[quote]I have an idea (and pattern) for making bondage mittens out of 3mm neoprene and nylon webbing but haven't actually gotten around to make them yet.

I'll post it later if anybody's interested... [/quote]

Oh Please do share :)

nanomonster
Tightly Hogtied

@Styrene

Sure but give me a little time. I looked through my stuff and found that I had actually made a crude prototype for design purposes but that never went any further.

I'll post more info and pictures later when I get my camera home...

nanomonster
Tightly Hogtied

Ok here it is...  Mind you it is at an early design stage and nowhere near finished, but it should give you an idea of where I'm going. I have put pictures of the pattern I used and of the early prototype.. It closes tightly around the wrist with a zipper runninng parallel to the axis of the arm. On top of that the finished product would have a 11/2 inch nylon strap sewn across the wrist that would cover the zipper (and possibly lock over it) preventing removal. Another nylon webbing strap could also be added to provide a D-ring attachment at the end of the fingers. This type of mitt doesn't force the wrist into a fist but the thickness of the neoprene makes using the fingers nearly impossible. The neoprene I used is high quality 3 mm wetsuit material with nylon fabric glued on both sides, making it extremely tough. The neoprene also stretches a little, which can make the mitt very confining and tight fitting if it is slightly undersized. p.s. the only problem I have with this design is with the sewing machine. It needs to be able to sew thick stuff (6mm or more). That's not a given with most non commercial machines. Mine just doesn't do a good job of it...      nanomonster2011-04-08 20:52:09

Nyckname
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Nyckname »

Oven mitts and Duck® Tape was my immediate thought.

Then came, stitch two short pieces of tubular nylon webbing to the wrist of each mitt (two pieces on either mitt; four total) and pass the bows of handcuffs through the tubing. Hinge goes at one gap 'tween the pieces of nylon and the lock in between the other on both cuffs.