Breath play

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.
spandexmummi
Tightly Hogtied

RE: Breath play

Unread post by spandexmummi »

glad you have fun as of next weekend i will be with my master and misstress 24/7. and cant wait. i to will get into the breath roleplay never done it, only done breathplay with my self. so im really excieted to give the power of my air to someone else   SM

pleasewrap
Hopelessly Suspended

RE: Breath play

Unread post by pleasewrap »

[quote="LisaBoy"]All that fantasy stuff aside, I'd have to agree that doing it alone is very dangerous.  Self bondage in of itself is dangerous, even without the breathplay.  I know those of you who wish to do it will not be pursuaded not to, and so I'd say let's at least put the risk in perspective.  There are a lot of things in life that you can die from, most of which are probably less pleasant.[/quote]Respectfully, I don't think your suggestion here is at all helpful.[quote]If you drink and get drunk, you probably kill more brain cells than holding your breath.[/quote]But we're not discussing "holding your breath."  We're discussing a practice that goes far beyond that for many.  If it was just holding your breath, we wouldn't hear about deaths due to auto-erotic asphyxia.[quote]If you smoke, you WILL die earlier than you might have otherwise, and if you like breath control, try lung cancer.[/quote]So the fact that there's one thing we can do that's unhealthy makes another OK?[quote]Stay right with God so that when you do kill yourself by accident, he will forgive you.[/quote]How 'bout we suggest "stay right with God and avoid doing things that can rush you to meet him at all?"I don't intend to be offensive, and if this is being interpreted as such, then my apologies.  But the basic premise that I read in your post is "it's OK to do something dangerous because there are dumber things out there that you can/are/might/shouldn't do."  I don't think that's good advice.Rip nailed it for me - Breath Play is dangerous and really should be avoided.  You might think you have the perfect setup, but you don't.  I guarantee you don't.  There are issues relating to positional asphyxia that can arise where there is literally no restriction to the windpipe or airway, and yet you can be unable to breath.  There is the possibility of inducing hyperventalation and spasms where relatively minimal restriction can become quite dangerous.Now is your 20 second stints with your wife "dangerous?"  At a horridly, horridly minimal level, yes.  But the risk is certainly lower.  But go much beyond that, and you may never know the specific situation that arises that makes what appeared "harmless" turn deadly.  And regardless of how awful a death due to cancer may be, a death due to suffocation is no day at the beach to compare it to.I'll repeat - if your fetish grows to the level where it becomes dangerous to life and limb and you don't think you can control it, it's time to seek out some professional assistance.Sorry for the semi-rant.  But we shouldn't be discussing this as though it's "safe."  It's not.  It only varies in the degree of risk from relatively low to "What in the hell were you thinking?"