self-strappado

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.
rockett
Unfettered Newbie

RE: self-strappado

Unread post by rockett »

I've been trying to do a good tight self-strappado for some time but getting my wrists up high behind me and still be able to get free eventually has been very difficult. I have done it using a dropped barbell to pull my wrists up with an ice link between that will drop my wrists eventually. It worked fairly well, but the method of dropping the weight reliably and the right distance is pretty iffy. I think a rope ratchet might work better and also keep me from making a mistake on how much to yank my wrists up. A "too much" miscalculation could pull me completely off the ground or dislocate my shoulders. Not a good scenario, to say the least. The ratchet seems to be the best solution. The correct amount of ice now seems to be the only problem. I certainly don't want to be insuch an extreme position for an hour or so. As inflexible as I am, 15 to 30 minutes would be plenty. I plan to give this a try as soon as I get a day or two alone.I don't have a partner for this kind of endeavor.
Rockett

Darkraptor1
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Darkraptor1 »

Hi rockett, and welcome to the forum!Sorry, but since I don't do strappados, i'm afraid I can't help you out here.  But i'm sure there's someone around here who can do so!Darkraptor138693.0522106482

ObiObian
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by ObiObian »

I think you have the right idea.  I've used arope ratchet where the rope that holds up my arms is fastened in thesame place as a rope with the keys for my release.  As long as thekey rope is longer than the distance that you plan to have your armsfrom the ceiling, the key-rope should dangle right between yourfingers.  If it's too short, you'll have big problems.  Ifit's too long, all you have to do is pull it up until you can reach thekey.    The important thing to bear in mind is that whenyou're in a strappado, your hands will, sooner or later, go numb. Of all the self-bondage positions that I've put myself in, a strappadois one of the best for, A: being really difficult to get out of, and B:being most effective at restricting blood flow to your hands.    Of course, if you're like me, you're probably goingto try it anyway.  Warnings be damned!  In that case, I wouldsuggest that you get a rope ratchet that isn't rated to hold all yourweight when you are thrashing around and intent on escape.  (thelast time I checked, they were rated for 3 different weights)  Inthat case, the ratchet will just give out and you'll have enough slackin the rope to either get out or keep blood circulation in your armslong enough for the ket to drop.    I'll confess that I figured this outunintentionally, but maybe that's why I'm typing with my fingersinstead of my nose!    Hope it helps!    Oh yeah, welcome to the forum!  We're glad to have you around!ObiObian38693.0632986111

Jericho
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Jericho »

I think that the rope ratchet is the way to go as well, what you can do to prevent yourself from pulling yourself up too high is to determine how high you can go up with a test run, then tie a knot in the rope so that the rope cannot be pulled any higher than that point during your real run.

An idea I had for releasing yourself would be to have the rope ratchet attached to a rope (@ 4 foot) that's pulled through a pulley that's attached to an ice release of some sort. That way you would just have to wait until the ice melts away to give you the length of rope and the mobility to get at the key which I would have tethered to my person, but out of reach when in the strappado. I'll experiment with this and report the results.

It's strange that two self strappado topics would pop up within days of each other, just shows how this position captures the imagination. (bad pun, boo, hiss)

My two cents

Jericho

ObiObian
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by ObiObian »

Jericho, that's a really interesting idea that I actually hadn'tthought of yet.  If I understand what you're saying right, theeventual release comes when the ice melts and you gain extra freedombecause even though your hand are still bound, you can manage to reachother things.  With your idea, even if your hands would go numband be completely useless, eventually they would be free and you couldeventually regain use of them, allowing you to free yourself.Your idea definitely deserves further thought!I have just two questions before I try this one myself....1:  In a strappado, blood circulation to my hands is going to beseverely restricted.  How long until any damage to my handsbecomes permanent?2: How much ice would I have to use to keep my arms held up high, yetnot be able to break it apart by simply lifting my legs off the groundand forcing the rope to bare all my weight?  I'm far from sure, but if I'm understanding your idea right, it seemslike if I really want things to be inescapable, my hands are going tobe permanently damaged long before I ever have any hope of escape.

Jericho
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Jericho »

[quote="ObiObian" wrote:]
1: In a strappado, blood circulation to my hands is going to be severely restricted. How long until any damage to my hands becomes permanent?
[/quote]
I have no idea how long before nerve damage occurs, but I think no more than an hour for sure.

[quote="ObiObian" wrote:]
2: How much ice would I have to use to keep my arms held up high, yet not be able to break it apart by simply lifting my legs off the ground and forcing the rope to bare all my weight?
[/quote]

Well I'm trying the ice in stocking release in a test run. It worked well but you can of course pull on the rope and tear the stocking. This would be a good safety release as I'm sure stocking can't bear my full weight. You could always tie your feet to solid anchor on the floor so that you wouldn't be able to lift your feet up.

The only other idea I had was to use my bondage belt (converted weight lifting belt) and tie it to the floor beam above(I have an unfinished basement, I can put anchor points anywhere in the floor joists), then if I lift my legs, the belt takes the weight, not the ice release.

You do understand my idea on getting out very well. The only thing that's not working well with the stocking release is that you can pull on it and get some slack. I will have to try this for real and see how it works (hopefully soon, hurt my arm at work today, not too badly though, maybe Saturday), today was just to see how high my arms could go, and to see if things will let go, which it did perfectly.

I just read in a the topic 'New release method' of an ice pipe release that looks to be more rigid than a stocking, may be able to modify that to my needs.

Jericho
Jericho38694.8251273148