Worth their weight in gold

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.
Fogane
Tightly Hogtied

RE: Worth their weight in gold

Unread post by Fogane »

Recently I've been playing more and more with solo bondage, keeping it simple though. Starting out with wrists tied in front using a coil of rope and a cable-tie. Moving on to tying my legs first as well. Then it's experimenting with tying the wrists behind and all is going well and I'm enjoying it. Last night I tried another combination and things didn't go quite as planned...

I'd tied my ankles crossed and was sitting upright on the bed. Using a rope coil and cable-tie I then bound my wrists behind and used my trusty wire cutters to lose the tail end of the plastic tie. That felt pretty good and before long I'd gotten bored of just sitting there and started to move around. Now, my bed is positioned in the middle of the room and has no end bed posts. Also, it is surrounded fairly closely by furniture and various stuff (a lot crammed into one rooom!).

During my moving around I got a bit close to one edge of the bed and to my surprise, fell off! This left me in an interesting but uncomfortable position, with my body squished between the bed and a large desk. I was able to slowly pull the bed covers towards me in the hope my trusty cutters would come towards me too. Unfortunately not, they had fallen on the floor and out of sight.

When the unexpected happens, it's surprising what level of panic you can reach. I just had to try and calm down enough to figure out how the heck to get out of this predicament. It took a lot of effort and pain to eventually right myself and haul myself back up onto the bed. If my ankles had been tied straight rather than crossed it would have been much easier. Once on the bed I wanted out of the ropes. The cutters were missing so no way of cutting the cable-tie. I knew some knives were not far away but would be dangerous to use to cut the ropes.

Fortunately I had a safe solution as just off to one side of the bed I had placed a pair of EMT Shears for the very purpose of getting myself out should the cutting the cable-tie with the wire cutters plan fail. Once they were in the hands I got the blades up around the ropes and with one satisfying snip was free.

I learnt a lesson. Next time I'll be more careful and not fall off the bed. Also I learnt that a pair of EMT Shears are worth their weight in gold, I was so glad I had them.

I'll continue my bondage experiments soon. I'll leave it a few days for the variety of cuts and bruises to heal first though.

Carumbad
Chair Bound

Unread post by Carumbad »

Ooops!Maybe next time tie yourself to the bed too :)

gaggedutopia
Site Admin

Unread post by gaggedutopia »

I have been meaning to get a pair myself.  Out of most of thetopics on this forum, my wife seems to enjoy the comfort ofmummification.  I have done some stuff with plastic wrap beforeand used normal scissors, but have left scraps on occasion.  Iwould have to agree that they are a must if you want to do things right.GaggedUtopia38661.7251157407
Bondage Junkies: Bondage. Done. Right.
GU's Story Archive: Stories, Galleries and more!

feline
Forever Mummified

Unread post by feline »

*ouch* and this is a good example of why we need to get you apartner!  so that you can have someone on hand to help deal withthe unexpected.with hind sight this is a fairly obvious risk, but i am not sure how many of us would have seen it coming.

Fogane
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Fogane »

*agrees with feline's second point* - I didn't see it coming that's for sure. When something like this happens it's like time slows down. As I was falling, I had time to realize I couldn't stop it and time to think about various things, including, my own stupidity and how much this was about to hurt.

Many years ago I had a car crash and experienced then, the time slow-down effect. Having time to realize you can't get out of the way and thinking to yourself, "this is going to hurt" is quite weird.

*goes back to dreaming about feline's first point*

Darkraptor1
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Darkraptor1 »

[QUOTE="Fogane"]
Many years ago I had a car crash and experienced then, the time slow-down effect. Having time to realize you can't get out of the way and thinking to yourself, "this is going to hurt" is quite weird. [/quote] I got in a car crash back in September and I know what you're talking about.Though I didn't even get a scratch, I did experience that "slow" effect.  I thought, "Shit, there goes my perfect driving record."  BANG.Darkraptor138661.9606597222

feline
Forever Mummified

Unread post by feline »

[quote="Fogane"]*goes back to dreaming about feline's first point*[/quote]at the very least you need someone on paw when you want to experimentwith more involved or experimental self bondage situations!*um* is this where you tell me that i should hunt through my unread emails for emails from you?on a more general point, what is your "utter emergency, i am going to die if i dont use this safety" plan? 

Fogane
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Fogane »

[quote="feline"]on a more general point, what is your "utter emergency, i am going to die if i dont use this safety" plan?[/quote]

On that particular occasion, I was safe, as if I had been truely stuck I could have then chosen to die of embarassment (by getting assistance from you know who) as opposed to actually dying. Actually dying may be preferable though

feline
Forever Mummified

Unread post by feline »

yes, that thought did cross my mind the obvious problem with this is, what if "that person" is not going tobe around for several days?  i.e. i hope you have an emergencyplan for these times, or just play safe and dont do anything unknown...remember, if you get yourself killed you will still have to answer to me!

Fogane
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Fogane »

During times alone I will be more careful, I have no intention of dying unintentionally.

I have since purchased several more pairs of shears so they can be spread around and offer more escape opportunities

meeko
Chair Bound

Unread post by meeko »

just to add.  it does no good if you have them... but dont use them. (The EMT I mean)  I had those and a regular pair out durring a hog tie.   Care to guess which pair I used... and cut my palm with?! (I used the regular pair) To have them is one thing... to Use the RIGHT pair all the time is         &nbs p;         &nbs p;        something else

Fogane
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Fogane »

Absolutely. You of course have to be very careful with all cutting tools, the shears are definately safer than regular sissors as they have blunt ends (so you can't stab yourself) and with one straight blade and one serrated blade, they grip the rope and chop through it much easier.

A regular pair or scissors or worse, a knife, would definately be a last resort.

Carumbad
Chair Bound

Unread post by Carumbad »

[quote="Fogane"]
Many years ago I had a car crash and experienced then, the time slow-
down effect. Having time to realize you can't get out of the way and
thinking to yourself, "this is going to hurt" is quite weird.
[/quote]

With me it was more "this is going to cost loads to fix", but I'm naturally a
tight sod :)