Watching yourself

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.
Hypercat
Forever Mummified

RE: Watching yourself

Unread post by Hypercat »

How many of you love to watch theirself in the mirror when they are bound and gagged or recorded theirself and watch theirself on screen? 
PART DEMON, PART GODDESS, ALL CAT!

Fogane
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Fogane »

That's a good question, quite a few I'll wager. As for me, I don't have a suitable mirror in my current home but there's still the wonders of technology to keep a permanent record and provide instant feedback.

Robin Crow
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Robin Crow »

i actually did that once. but i cant quite completely bound so my arms are always free.

Darkraptor1
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Darkraptor1 »

I videotaped myself wrapping myself up in a comforter (I was very sure to copy over that afterwards), and it was strange watching myself doing that.  I wasn't really comfortable with it.  I haven't done it since.  I just like to close my eyes and fantasize, rather then see what's going on in a mirror.

Guests
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Guests »

Guilty! Must be a sign of high self-confidence or something.... I have thought of videoing myself, but haven't done it yet. Imagine if you DIDN'T tape over it & it fell into the wrong hands!I actually look at myself in the mirror every morning & think I look pretty good for an over 40- great for the self-image.What about you Hypercat- you haven't actually admitted it yourself, have you?tojotojo38644.1034837963

Lilifee
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Lilifee »

I've got a BIG mirror in my study because of my occupation, and I likelooking at me while I tidy myself up. Sometimes I use a second mirrorto be able to look at my back. I love bondage most, when the ropes areproper positioned (right word?) so I use the mirror for checking this.On the other hand I love to see how helpless I am, especially when Igagged myself. Then I set myself up in front of the mirror an try tospeak. It really turns me on to hear my stammer and to see my tries. I plan to record one of my selfbondage sessions in the future. I thinkmy boyfriend should know how much work it is, to get into a real tight bondage

Hypercat
Forever Mummified

[quote="tojo"]What about you Hypercat- you haven't actually admitted it yourself, have you?[/quote]Being the one who opened this topic you could guess.I'm 95% lesbian and a bit narcisist, so it's quite natural.I don't really do selfbondage but sometimes I gag myself and I watch myself in the mirror, holding my hands behind my back, pretending to be bound.Hypercat38644.7824421296

Guests
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Guests »

(having looked narcisist up in the dictionary!) Yeah, I never could even stand the thought of myself tied up, let alone look at myself, until well into my 30s, when I met a friend who did it for me for a long time. She was quite accepting of what I thought was a terrible abberation, & helped me come to terms with it. Now I quite like closeups of myself in the mirror. Not sure what my wife would think if she saw me on video though! Sounds like something for the dare group!(I dare you to really tie your hands behind your back Hypercat!)tojo

spandexmummi
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by spandexmummi »

Guilty as charged ive videoed myself and put pics on net. im not shy if my id is kept secret. i love to see myself mummified as im looking at what a misstress would see. i also love the fact that it looks like another person. as im looking though spandex.i wear quite afew layers to get mummified so also i look in mirror to see the spandex all over me the another layer and another look. when i look in the mirror again all i can see is a spandex object but. i love the fact that spandex covers the other layer so from the outside it looks like im in one layer but i know im in 4 or 5. i guess i have something inside that wants to change me into my fantasys its a very complex part of someone. i was ibit bad at school and maybe somehow i feel deepdown i need to be punished. or another way is ive had quite ruff upbringing but im not into drugs or got crimal record but maybe this fetish is my retreat from real life. this fetish can never be taken away from me so i guess i feel safe. life hasnt been fair with me so i prob use my fetish to forget it. and it works lol. well life has got better now and im starting from scatchbut my fetish is here to stay and i feel releave that i have something to retreat to. SM

gaggedutopia
Site Admin

Unread post by gaggedutopia »

[quote="Darkraptor1"]I videotaped myself wrapping myself up in acomforter (I was very sure to copy over that afterwards), and it wasstrange watching myself doing that.  I wasn't really comfortablewith it. [/quote]Ditto!  I thought it would be sort of interesting to see myself ina self-bondage scenario but after watching it I didn't enjoy it atall.  Even by myself I was uncomfortable.  I didn't tape overit however, I burned it!
Bondage Junkies: Bondage. Done. Right.
GU's Story Archive: Stories, Galleries and more!

Hypercat
Forever Mummified

I understand you. Watching yourself recorded is different than watching yourself in a mirror. I have experimented it a loto of times, not with SB but with other recordings.Althought, I'm more than curious to see how I would look bound and gagged on screen. But I'm much far to do it.Hypercat38647.4201273148

Guests
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Guests »

I hereby resolve to video myself next time I get a chance, & my wife's far, far away! I'll have the fire going to throw the tape into though......tojo

Fogane
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Fogane »

Speaking of videoing oneself, does anyone have any experience of video cameras? What would be a good and reasonably priced choice for such a thing?

gaggedutopia
Site Admin

Unread post by gaggedutopia »

[quote="Fogane"]Speaking of videoing oneself, does anyone have anyexperience of video cameras? What would be a good and reasonably pricedchoice for such a thing?[/quote]I have a Canon Optura 30, but they have later models out now.  Itis a great all purpose digital camcorder.  I have doneprofessional training videos as well as filmed adventures during myhoneymoon.  Light and easy to use.  I think they run around$500, but you could probably find something cheaper.  I myselfprefer MiniDV format.
Bondage Junkies: Bondage. Done. Right.
GU's Story Archive: Stories, Galleries and more!

bisubcross
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by bisubcross »

I've used a webcam to video myself, it's interesting to watch afterwards. Never used mirrors because I'm almost always blindfolded.

Fogane
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Fogane »

[quote="GaggedUtopia"]I have a Canon Optura 30, but they have later models out now.  Itis a great all purpose digital camcorder.  I have doneprofessional training videos as well as filmed adventures during myhoneymoon.  Light and easy to use.  I think they run around$500, but you could probably find something cheaper.  I myselfprefer MiniDV format.[/quote]I've been thinking that MiniDV seems to be the way to go. I want videorecording that's independant of a computer but can have the footageeasily imported and edited by a computer.Mini-DVD format seems so limited on duration of recording. Flash memorybased are often limited in resolution and capacity. Hard drive basedare too expensive. All of these three aren't as good for editing thanDV with it's individually compressed frames making frame accurateediting easy.

Darkraptor1
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Darkraptor1 »

I've used MiniDV for quite some time now on my video projects (which are not bondage related), and i've had a lot of satisfaction.  The quality is good, and I've had an easy time working with it.

Jim59
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Jim59 »

Hi,i'm quite new on this forum, so just few words about my experiences. I'm doing self-bondage since years now and i have improved more and more my experiences by constraining myself more and more (from simple ankles bondage to full tight hogtied with ice cube timer). Then i feel the need to wear some nice PVC combi or corset to improve the bound feeling on my skin.During all sessions, i try to watch myself on a mirror to check the ropes-knots, the "style" of wearing my stuff, etc.. I like also to watch myself struggling into bondage and "mmmmmmphhhh..." in my harness ballgag. I tried sometimes to picture myself or to record myself, but first it was a little bit difficult (i have only digital camera which only allows few seconds of recording and no camcorder). Watching myself then was not something special for me, but it's useful to think about new tips  (checking ropes, chains, cuffs, etc...)br, JimJim5938650.337349537

Zoe_struggles
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Zoe_struggles »

I've used a webcam on occasion. It does feel a bit weird watchingmyself struggle and make mewing noises into a gag, but also satisfyingin a way. Strangely, I'd rather see myself all dressed in rubber or PVCand tied up on camera than doing everyday things.Maybe I just have an immense ego and insatiable kinks

angel_uk
Strict Strappado

Unread post by angel_uk »

[quote="Zoe_struggles"] I've used a webcam on occasion. It does feel a bit weird watching
myself struggle and make mewing noises into a gag, but also satisfying
in a way. Strangely, I'd rather see myself all dressed in rubber or PVC
and tied up on camera than doing everyday things.
[/quote]

I really don't like the sound of my voice on recordings, so a gag is always good *grin*

I've never actually done video, but have done a sequence of stills with a webcam. It was strange looking back at them, and realising I wasn't quite where I thought I was in the shot. (mostly I'd squirmed out of shot 8-()
Angel
https://fetlife.com/users/32029
http://www.flickr.com/photos/angieb_nu/