Watching yourself

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.
gaggedutopia
Site Admin

RE: Watching yourself

Unread post by gaggedutopia »

[quote="Fogane"]I've been thinking that MiniDV seems to be the way to go.[/quote]My only recommendation would be to buy professional tapes if thecontent is really important.  They are a bit more, but they limitthe chance of a "blank" frame here and there.  If you are justfilming yourself, birthdays, holidays, etc... normal tapes are justfine.
Bondage Junkies: Bondage. Done. Right.
GU's Story Archive: Stories, Galleries and more!

cuffedboy
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by cuffedboy »

I used to have a massive triple mirrored wardrobe in a previous flat - it was great seeing myself cuffed and gagged, and also helped with finding the keyholes!I like the idea of videoing myself with a webcam alot *puts to top of list of things to buy*

lanispet
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by lanispet »

i think seeing myself would really ruin it for me... i hate my body i prefer to imagine that i'm someone desireable when i'm bound.

...dave

tina_cd43
Chair Bound

Unread post by tina_cd43 »

Hi I have always dreamed about being in a bondage movie that would be nice.

Zoe_struggles
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Zoe_struggles »

I like to think that any reservations about my body would go out of thewindow if someone were to offer me a role in a bondage movie! Somethingalong the lines of House of Gord or LatexAngelic - lots of uniquepieces of equipment and expensive, imaginative clothing!There couldn't be any excuse to be in a full body wrap scene... who would be able to tell it was me? I'd like to think i'd give it a go... it's another interesting thingyou can say you've done (but possibly not something to tell thegrandchildren when you're old and grey)

angel_uk
Strict Strappado

Unread post by angel_uk »

Bit like me being disappointed at having to turn down an offer of modelling for a bondage website. Would love to give that a go
Angel
https://fetlife.com/users/32029
http://www.flickr.com/photos/angieb_nu/

Zoe_struggles
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Zoe_struggles »

You were offered a bondage modelling session for a website, Angel? Wow, how come this never happens to me?

Franzia
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Franzia »

[quote="Darkraptor1"] I videotaped myself wrapping myself up in a comforter (I was very sure to copy over that afterwards), and it was strange watching myself doing that. I wasn't really comfortable with it. I haven't done it since. I just like to close my eyes and fantasize, rather then see what's going on in a mirror.[/quote]

I once did something very similiar with video and you're right- it was strange. And yet for some reason a mirror was different, a most unusual experience- odd in an interesting way. Not that it matters that much with a blindfold!

gaggedutopia
Site Admin

Unread post by gaggedutopia »

[quote="Franzia"] I once did something very similiar with video andyou're right- it was strange. And yet for some reason a mirror wasdifferent, a most unusual experience- odd in an interesting way. Notthat it matters that much with a blindfold! [/quote]It's no secret that the mind plays its own tricks on us, and I thinkthis is one of those examples.  Just like a camera, a videodoesn't lie, it doesn't leave out unwanted details.  Your brainviewing a mirror can easily help you see what you want to see insteadof what might actually be there.
Bondage Junkies: Bondage. Done. Right.
GU's Story Archive: Stories, Galleries and more!

Franzia
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Franzia »

[quote="GaggedUtopia"]
Your brain viewing a mirror can easily help you see what you want to see instead of what might actually be there.
[/quote]

An absolutely remarkable observation!! I never thought of it that way!

tiemeupalso
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by tiemeupalso »

as far as making a bondage movie im for it and will be glad to be the "victim".rope,chains,plastic wrap,tape,plaster,bandages,and probably some i havent thought of yet.

Pity
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Pity »

[quote="angel_uk"]Bit like me being disappointed at having to turn down an offer of modelling for a bondage website. Would love to give that a go[/quote] You've caught my interest here. How did this come about, and which website was it? I think I'd be very tempted indeed if someone came to me and offered to tie me up, display me for all to see, and possibly even pay me for it...

angel_uk
Strict Strappado

Unread post by angel_uk »

I was just sitting there and a messenger window popped up, and the guy on the other end introduces himself.
I have a look at the user info, and spot he's linking to a website that's not active yet (www.hogtiedtv.com if I remember correctly) but redirects to another site.
He says he's webmaster for the site and am I interested in modelling?

I'm obviously sceptical, but he suggests I email him, at an address at the website domain.
Being curious, and tempted I do that, and he replies, indicating the same messenger ID, so it seems legit.

Anyway, the annoying thing is that my personal circumstances don't allow for doing kinky stuff at the moment, so I can't take him up on the offer, because like you I find it very tempting.

(I have a todo list, and internet bondage model was already on it 8-)
Angel
https://fetlife.com/users/32029
http://www.flickr.com/photos/angieb_nu/

tina_cd43
Chair Bound

Unread post by tina_cd43 »

I'm like you angel I have a todo list to, In my mind I would like to be a bondage crossdressing modell and slave.

Hypercat
Forever Mummified

Unread post by Hypercat »

[quote="GaggedUtopia"][quote="Franzia"] I once did something very similiar with video and you're right- it was strange. And yet for some reason a mirror was different, a most unusual experience- odd in an interesting way. Not that it matters that much with a blindfold! [/quote]
It's no secret that the mind plays its own tricks on us, and I think this is one of those examples.  Just like a camera, a video doesn't lie, it doesn't leave out unwanted details.  Your brain viewing a mirror can easily help you see what you want to see instead of what might actually be there.
[/quote]But even if you caught your image in a mirror along the street it's the same feeling. Every time it happens to me my reaction is always "Gosh! I'm so tall? " 
PART DEMON, PART GODDESS, ALL CAT!

cats
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by cats »

Having experimented with videotaping myself a few times, let me offer a few tips...

[quote="angel_uk"] I've never actually done video, but have done a sequence of stills with a webcam. It was strange looking back at them, and realizing I wasn't quite where I thought I was in the shot. (mostly I'd squirmed out of shot 8-()[/quote]

I don't know if this applies to a webcam but if you have a video camera try connecting to a television so you can see if you are in view. Assuming you're not blindfolded of course. This isn't always practical but it may help you to better judge the camera's view after just an initial check of the area in the viewfinder.

If you do connect to a display device, avoid staring at it or it will look strange when you view the video later. Actually I've never found the right place to look. If I look at a television showing the live recording or any point outside the camera's field of view I seem to be staring off into space; if I look directly at the camera I look too stern.

If you're upright or laying or spreadeagled you'll probably find it difficult to fit yourself into the camera's field of view unless you're quite far away, which can be difficult indoors and will make you only a small portion of the field of view, and a chain look like a fishing line.

[quote="GaggedUtopia"] Your brain viewing a mirror can easily help you see what you want to see instead of what might actually be there.[/quote]

When I first tried videotaping myself I was surprised at how fat I was. Emphasis here: I didn't really think of myself as overweight at the time. However, over the next four years or so I lost about 40 lbs, and I do look better on video now. I only mean this in a helpful way, but if the way you look on video (your weight/haircut/whatever) isn't what you think you look like maybe you can change it. I'm not suggesting everyone try to meet hollywood standards, just encouraging you to maybe make the camera meet your own mental self-image (weight in particular can gradually creep up on us). On the other hand I've never looked like a convincing damsel-in-distress on video (being a man) and I sure don't plan to do anything more than cover up with clothing...but my previous suggestion doesn't apply because I don't mentally view myself as a woman.

I can certainly relate to the "strange" feeling that several people have mentioned when they watch their recordings. Perhaps this is because we're not in a hormone-high when watching them? Could it be related to the feeling some of us have after a bondage session?

Hypercat
Forever Mummified

Unread post by Hypercat »

Much, much time ago, during a party I did many things I judged funny, and I was really satisfied by how I made the other people laugh.But when I saw the recording, I was shocked by how silly I appeared, and only then I realized they were not laughting with me, they were laughting OF me! And I was not even drunk (how could I? I was still minor)!How embrassed I felt!    
PART DEMON, PART GODDESS, ALL CAT!

Darkraptor1
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Darkraptor1 »

Hi cats, and welcome to the forum!

cats
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by cats »

Hi, Darkraptor1. You know your avatar inspired mine. Basically (1) I couldn't think of a user name for myself (2) your avatar made me think of this video game guy, even though the resemblance isn't actually that striking (3) lots of felid names on the forum (e.g. hypercat, feline, lorcat, kittin) (4) the depicted guy is identified as 'cats' in the video game from which I took the image. So I couldn't resist.

Darkraptor1
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Darkraptor1 »

Hmm...interesting how my avatar helped to inspire someone! (Maybe my next one will do the same!)