handcuffs or rope

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.
Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Re: handcuffs or rope

Unread post by Stahlketten »

This is a fairly cool thing:
We experience some aspect of the object S&W leg irons but even under close visual examination, there is nothing that gives an obvious explanation. I guess we just need to wear these toys more often for more "experience".

:lol:
- Stahlketten.

steellover
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by steellover »

Sound like a plan to me! :D

slpnot
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by slpnot »

Irish 8s and Darby stile leg irons are most comfortable for long term . SW hinged for max security
Ben Trovato

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Stahlketten »

My personal opinion is that the Irish 8s are a little too close together for "longterm" wear. They make a tool for "punishment" though. Something with a bit more separation between the cuffs would be easier on the prisoner. Would you enjoy wearing the Irish 8s overnight or for 24 hours? I have a pair of Smith & Wesson Model 94s with about a 15 inch chain between the cuffs and I have worn those for hours at a time and was barely inconvenienced though definitely reminded.

The Darby style handcuffs and leg irons are very comfortable, though quality varies by a lot. I have been kept in those for many many hours. Much of the "made in India" stuff just doesn't work well and that is the part that bothers me the most. Hiatts makes nicely shaped sets, but they are made of either aluminum or pot metal. The Kub set I have can't just be snapped closed. It needs a key to lock and that is inconvenient because there is only one key.

If you think Smith & Wesson hinged handcuffs are the most secure, you should try a set of Hiatt's hinged handcuffs. The cuffs are much closer together. Even in front with the keyholes facing your hands, it is a bit difficult getting the key in. What also works is about three or more pairs of hinged. No hope of getting to the key hole there. I once gave my wife her choice of three different brands of hinged handcuffs. Her choice was to use all three. The keys were just laying on the table which was an interesting tease, but it didn't matter as far as getting free.

- Stahlketten.

mrmaxroper
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by mrmaxroper »

Handcuff fans seem to be in the majority but my preference is always rope. There are several ways to make it inescapable. A slip knot attached to an ankle rope can tighten things up when used as part of a hogtie. You could also use cable ties as a cinch for a standard rope loop. Whatever you choose, be sure to have at least TWO methods of escape and be very alert for the first signs of numbness.

I prefer to have a couple pairs of EMT shears available because they have no sharp pointy bits and therefore aren't as dangerous as knives and regular scissors.

Have fun. Be safe.