Spot the difference

What do you mean it has 'only' been a month ?!?
Noel
Chair Bound

Spot the difference

Unread post by Noel »

Hello folks, a little query for you here.

I'm keen on buying a new chastity device (since I escaped from CB6000 a whie back it's never felt quite the same), and have narrowed my choice down to these two.

They look very, very similar, except one is twice the price of the other! So what am I missing, should I got the cheaper option, or is it inferior to the more expensive one?

£19.99 http://www.bondage-365.com/chrome-chast ... -130-p.asp

£39.99 http://www.uberkinky.co.uk/spiral-male- ... 81487.html

Thanks for looking.
Follow me on Twitter please! @ballgag8

seidenki
Strict Strappado

Re: Spot the difference

Unread post by seidenki »

They're not the same. The more expensive one is slightly longer and larger and has one less ring in the cage. Plus my first thought when looking at the cheaper one is "it's cheaper than the plastic CBx000 range! Why?". And the second is how can they include three rings at that price?

If I had to chose between just those two, I'd buy the more expensive one. Especially knowing how much more bespoke metal devices like this cost (e.g. from Mature Metal).

Sei.
Embrace your inner wierdo! No-one else will! (No, they'd be more likely to lock it up and throw away the key...)

twistersam
Chair Bound

Unread post by twistersam »

the ceap one is made from low grade steel and get oxidated very quick.

Noel
Chair Bound

Unread post by Noel »

Thank you for your replies, chaps, much appreciated.

After you mentioned them I've just looked on Mature Metal, I didn't realise metal chastity devices could cost so much! Perhaps you get what you pay for.

Thanks for the info, think I'll go for the more expensive option.

thisisabind
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by thisisabind »

I can agree that the cheaper ones aren't that great, after a ten day lock up mine had a nasty brown residue that hasn't ever totally come clean, despite several soaks in vinegar.

I think the cheapies are great for trialing to see how you get on with a size or style, physically AND psychologically. Some of my purchases this year have been tactical in that sense. I tried the type you've linked to and a CB6Ks copy, both purchased from ebay at a low price, both for no more than £30, with a view to seeing how I react to them. The quality chastity devices are a bit daunting price wise, for sure, so it was good to get more experience without the expense...

Saying that, my first device was a genuine black CB3000 at £100. In for a penny, eh? :D
New adventures.

Noel
Chair Bound

Unread post by Noel »

I went for the more expensive one and ordered it tonight.

I know that at £40 it's still a cheap on, but I just fancied a change from my CB6000, which has never been perfect. I get a soreness on my balls fmro the ring and I'm forever nipping little bits of skin.

So I'll give this metal one a go, see what happens. I ove the look of it, I just hope it's as good as it suggests it could be!

Noel
Chair Bound

Unread post by Noel »

Turns out to be good timing that I ordered that new chastity device - my CB6000 broke last night during a spot of self bondage (see my other post today for more on that).

The ring snapped (one of the holes where the pins are), so I've put a next size ring up on instead while I wait for my new cock cage to be delivered.

I've been in chastity now for 49 and a half hours , since December 28, and hoping to last as long as possible. Aiming for January 28 and then we'll see how I feel.I'm doing updates on Twitter so please follow me there: @ballgag8

Impulsed
Chair Bound

Unread post by Impulsed »

I was thinking of getting a steel CB in the next couple of weeks as I broke my cb6000s. I currently cant afford to fork out a load of money on an expenive bit of kit.

I found these on ebay and would like to get some peoples opinions.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Most-popular- ... 4abf9644f6

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304-Stainless ... 4ac094bbb6

Both have different locking methods and both are reasonably priced. Which ones best tho??

Oblio
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Oblio »

The edge of the tube looks thin and potentialy sharp. This really should be either a rolled edge, or a ring welded to it.

JBlackthorn
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by JBlackthorn »

The Mature Metal cages are very good and the service response time to questions is excellent. The important thing is getting the sizing correct (order there sizing kit). And I would suggest having the horizontal bars (on the end of the device) placed inside the cage and the vertical on the outside. By default it's reversed. You tend to get the vertical bar pushed into your slit and once in a while can pinch you against clothing. But even if the bar is in your slit it doesn't cause any issues other than that.

The cages prices can very quite a bit but trust me the $300-$500 cages are well worth it. I am in mine 24/7. (Queen's Keep).

Now I saw that you posted some cages are expensive look at the stellworks cages. They are like $1,500 to $2,000.

JBlackthorn
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by JBlackthorn »

Once nice thing about the queen's keep and their other products is the spike strip. If I get overly horny and start pressing my wife to let me out she once and while does, other times she drops the spikes in for the night. I get calm pretty quickly after that. They can hurt pretty good, but then again I guess I'm a bit of a pain slut and enjoy the spikes causing me to loose interest in being hard.

vanessa_fetish
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by vanessa_fetish »

Don't judge by price, ie that if it is more expensive it HAS to be better.

It isn't.

Case in point - CB series. Plastic. Expensive. Breaks easy. Many can get out of it without even breaking it or the lock.

I got a steel one on Ebay for under $40 Canadian from the UK, and guess what? It works JUST fine. Of course only as good as the lock lol.

Plastics etc are good for air travel, that's about it. I have yet in all my years come across a non-metal device that is effective.

Check Ebay, and check the UK sellers. There's lots there that sell kinky stuff even cheaper than China, or if they're higher it isn't by much and you get it faster.

Talven81
Chair Bound

Unread post by Talven81 »

Noel wrote:Turns out to be good timing that I ordered that new chastity device - my CB6000 broke last night during a spot of self bondage (see my other post today for more on that).

The ring snapped (one of the holes where the pins are), so I've put a next size ring up on instead while I wait for my new cock cage to be delivered.
Not unusual, the pin holes on the ring on mine cracked too. First I ordered a replacement, then had two more break in the same spot. Looking to upgrade to a full steel chastity belt similar to neosteel but preferably cheaper so I can get away from the plastic toys. The one I'm looking at is about $200, don't expect it to be the best for a full belt, but from what the other guy said I think I can do my own work on it to make it last. (See my post Looking for a New Belt) Don't get me wrong CB-x is good for early or first time play.
thisisabind wrote:I can agree that the cheaper ones aren't that great, after a ten day lock up mine had a nasty brown residue that hasn't ever totally come clean, despite several soaks in vinegar.
Try soaking the effected part in rubbing alcohol and table salt. It will get some of the worst stains out, just let it sit for 24hrs.

AliceInBondageLand
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by AliceInBondageLand »

After trying all those cheap knockoffs, I've gotta say that I should have just started with Mature Metal in the first place. They seem to be by far the best value for my money. However, if you have money to spend on wearable art, Steelwerks can't be beat.

Sir Cumference
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Sir Cumference »

And do be careful about low grade stainless and nickel plating.

You could end up with som really nasty allergy in a place where you certainly would not like it!
To inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity!

keyless
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by keyless »

vanessa_fetish wrote:Case in point - CB series. Plastic. Expensive. Breaks easy. Many can get out of it without even breaking it or the lock. ... Plastics etc are good for air travel, that's about it. I have yet in all my years come across a non-metal device that is effective.
I'm guessing you're not pierced. My experience with the PA-5000 (a plastic device, also sold by ALE) has been exemplary. Once I learned how to keep it clean so the lock keeps operating properly, I've never had a device failure. Very comfortable, quite secure, and under $100.

:mrgreen:
So many people in the same device ...

happily_locked
Forever Mummified

Unread post by happily_locked »

I am locked in a mature metal chastity, from which I cannot escape. I have a local key holder and mistress, who loves keeping me in chastity, and increasing my desire to get out and orgasm. She has succeeded, in that I want out so badly now that if I could get out, I would, just to have an orgasm. I serve her daily, and she makes me want to do more for her.

Anyway, I am extremely pleased with my jailbird by mature metal, which was custom made to be as small as possible.
I think that is a large part of why it is so secure, and comfortable. I have a CB6000S, which I wore for years, but there is
just no comparison against the jailbird. Well worth the price.