The Kitchen Safe

What do you mean it has 'only' been a month ?!?
garion3535
Tightly Hogtied

The Kitchen Safe

Unread post by garion3535 »

I purchased the Kitchen Safe from Amazon. It is a container with a timer lock that can go from 1 minute up to 10 days. Absolutely great for self bondage and chastity play. I put on my new Riker's chastity device and set the Kitchen Safe for 5 days. The safe has no way to be opened before the timer runs down. I am completely stuck for 5 days. No way out, unless my wife feels like using her key, but I doubt it with her schedule. About time we had a way to have a keyholder in our own house.

stephanie_cd
Forever Mummified

Re: The Kitchen Safe

Unread post by stephanie_cd »

That's a clever little gadget, and attractively priced! I'm not sure just how effective they'll be for the vanilla people who want to lock away tempting foods, cellphones, or their other bad habits (as the Kitchen Safe website suggests) but I imagine that a few kinksters will purchase one!

Oh, sure, IF there's a legitimate emergency it's probably relatively easy to break into with some common household tools, but how many people REALLY want to destroy a $50 or $60 plastic safe just because they were bored, and then have to replace it and/or explain what happened?

It's kind of clever (for our kinky purposes) that they come in clear OR opaque -- "out of sight, out of mind" vs. "tantalizingly close and the keys are RIGHT THERE!" :twisted:

ruru67
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by ruru67 »

Yep. Pop the battery lid off, and you can see the top of the bin. Insert a butter knife between the lid and the bin and twist firmly. You might be able to open it far enough to clear the latch (you could in the first version) but it's more likely that the acrylic bin will break before that happens.

Possibly just hitting the thing with a hammer will destroy it.

Violence is always an option if you need to get out more than you need to keep the device intact...

Amos101010
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Amos101010 »

I just made a time lock safe for just over £30
£25 for the steel safe (screwfix) and £5 for the timer (ebay)
I will admit batterys will add to the price but I had them already

happily_locked
Forever Mummified

Unread post by happily_locked »

Once I got serious about being locked into chastity, I initially kept my keys in the safe deposit box at the bank A weekly visit allowed me to unlock, and leave the keys there. Later, I bought an electronic safe, threw away the microprocessor, and installed a microprocessor which controlled the lock, and I programmed it. No way to cheat it, or to get out early. No way to argue with a machine. My current key holder prefers the kitchen safe, and she sets the next release for a time on Sunday when she knows she will be there to lock it for another week. My keys are right there, yet completely inaccessible TO EITHER OF US. I'm locked, have no chance for release, which pleases both of us. It would be possible to destroy it to get the keys, but there is no other way.. We both wish that it could be locked for much longer intervals.

justDIY
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by justDIY »

happily_locked wrote:Once I got serious about being locked into chastity, I initially kept my keys in the safe deposit box at the bank A weekly visit allowed me to unlock, and leave the keys there. Later, I bought an electronic safe, threw away the microprocessor, and installed a microprocessor which controlled the lock, and I programmed it. No way to cheat it, or to get out early. No way to argue with a machine. My current key holder prefers the kitchen safe, and she sets the next release for a time on Sunday when she knows she will be there to lock it for another week. My keys are right there, yet completely inaccessible TO EITHER OF US. I'm locked, have no chance for release, which pleases both of us. It would be possible to destroy it to get the keys, but there is no other way.. We both wish that it could be locked for much longer intervals.
Why did you abandon your modified electronic safe?

happily_locked
Forever Mummified

I still have it, but I now have a key holder, who wants me to be able to see what I cannot have. She owns me, so I do what she wants me to do.

AliceInBondageLand
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by AliceInBondageLand »

Compelling possibilities for that little gadget, especially since sometimes I feel like I cannot trust people long distance using Emlalock to actually delete the combination photos :-(

happily_locked
Forever Mummified

I found out a long time ago that a 4 digit combination luggage lock can be opened in an hour or two, just by trying all the combinations. The time varies, of course, but combination locks are unsuitable unless you are with the person who is wearing it.

Thatthat21
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Thatthat21 »

They are coming out with a updated version. Give it a look, like some of the new things they have added.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... your-goals

tiemeupalso
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by tiemeupalso »

they arent commiing out with it,they are trying to raise financing to study its feasability and try to make a prototype.
that website is just for raising money.

Thatthat21
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Thatthat21 »

Correct they have not made one as of yet, but i was part of their original kickstarter for the Kitchen Safe, and that is why I got an email from them about this new version. I know the Kitchen Safe has been talked about a few times, so just want to let others know they are working on a new version. It might not get funded and not get made. They seem to be getting there, and was happy with the kickstarter the first time around, and see no reason not share the info.

happily_locked
Forever Mummified

I ordered mine from amazon, and it arrived within a week.Now my keys are in view, but inaccessible. My key holder enjoys teasing me, and adds time whenever it gets within a day or so of opening. I'd be pleased to buy another with some of the improvements they are discussing, if/when they do update it.