Metal fabricators in the UK?

What do you mean it has 'only' been a month ?!?
Access Denied
Unfettered Newbie

Metal fabricators in the UK?

Unread post by Access Denied »

Hi there.

I've got a jailbird, though no keyholder as of yet. However, as has probably been stated a million times, you can pull "Junior" out if you really want to, even if you can't extract the berries.

I had an idea for a way to fix that but I'm coming up dry with a place that can make it for me. My idea is pretty simple. A cotton covered, woven steel belt about 1/2" thick, with eyelets on each end that the pegs which go into the ring will go through. This would hold the cage to my body and prevent such pulling out. It would be more comfortable than a chain and in my experience, more practical than a full belt device.

So I'm asking if anyone has an idea as to where in the UK I could possibly get this made.

Many thanks.

justDIY
Tightly Hogtied

Re: Metal fabricators in the UK?

Unread post by justDIY »

Have you tried chain in a latex or silicone tube? It adds nice padding, yet remains easy to clean

wire rope in a latex or silicone tube is another consideration, and easy to work with at home... a swagging tool to crimp on the ends is cheap from amazon, etc.

tiemeupalso
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by tiemeupalso »

the vinal covered cable would be your best bet.i have never see "woven" metal strapping.

justDIY
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by justDIY »

i've seen mesh metal belts, like fashion items... they're probably nickle / chrome plated pot metal, not something I'd want in contact with my skin for more than a few minutes.

have you made a mockup of your desired belt using nylon webbing?? oh, another idea... webbing + wire rope. Two layers of webbing with wire rope stiched or glued in between. use a SS d-ring on each end to hook around the pins of your cage