Saran Wrap Mummification

All wrapped up and noplace to go, just the way you like it!
Mummyman413
Unfettered Newbie

Saran Wrap Mummification

Unread post by Mummyman413 »

A while ago I was away from my family for a bit so I had time to have some fun. I got some saran wrap, and of course, mummified myself. It was a lot of fun. I just wrapped my body in it by myself. That way at least one arm had to be loose in case I got stuck and had to reach for the nearby scissors. I did :oops:. It was a lot of fun. I hope I can do it again some time!

tiemeupalso
Hopelessly Suspended

Re: Saran Wrap Mummification

Unread post by tiemeupalso »

its not the same if your arls are loose.

Mummyman413
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Mummyman413 »

tiemeupalso wrote:its not the same if your arms are loose.
True. but I did not have anything to help with that at the time.

LockedInALocker
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by LockedInALocker »

Hallo.

I can't really suggest anything about your immediate problem about your arms being loose. But I can suggest another approach. This will be useless to you if the plastic wrap is specifically what appeals to you; but if it's that mummy-like enclosure you are after, then you might like to try zipping yourself into a surfboard bag: a topic I have written about in some detail on this forum a few years ago.
     They come in various sizes and (surfboard) capacities, so there is likely to be one that will suit you, whatever your size and whatever the degree of confinement you want. If you have a few small padlocks handy, you can attach those to the zipper handles and lock it up from inside once you've brought the zippers together - there will still be enough of a gap there to enable breathing. If you want real inescapability, use a timer to turn a lamp off and on - if the final lock you close is a 4-digit combination lock, you definitely won't get out before the lamp comes on again (or daylight comes in the window, if you have the curtains open). Just be wary of doing this on a warm day or night - try it before committing yourself with actual locks. You do not need to punch holes in the bag (and thus risk weakening its structure).
     Your arms will be free inside the bag - there is probably nothing you can do about that in any form of self-wrapping, bagging, mummifying, etc. - but if the bag is tight enough, you will be trapped in a tiny little tube that can feel very confining indeed, and it will be so tight that, once you have your arms by your sides, it will take a real struggle to bring them back to your face, where you will need them to finally undo the locks. Some of those narrower "day bags" are good for this very tight confinement (quite frightening, in fact, and I have chickened out of those a few times), whereas the travel bags do tend to be wider. With those, I use a whole lot of those separator pads you put between surfboards, put them in the bag, and lie on top of those to make it tighter. I can be happily trapped in there for hours - even sleep in there - I am effectively reduced to a worm wriggling and squirming around helplessly on the mattress. And the crinkling, rustling sounds the plastic padded lining makes when you struggle helplessly inside the bag are quite appealing, too (the *sounds* of bondage can be incredibly appealing, sometimes) - you just literally become part of the piece of luggage.
     The bag I am currently using is a Da Kine "World Traveler" - easily findable on many web sites, eBay, etc. - and it is an impressively thick and strong and secure bag, and you won't get out of it in a hurry. But, because I'm on the small side, I do have to pad it out with quite a good stack of those board separators.

This certainly is not very close to the usual methods suggested for self-mummification, and not classified with that; but for an experience approaching mummification, wrapping, etc. that you apply by yourself - and ultimately escape from by yourself - surfboard bags seem to me to be a more satisfactory way of doing it than anything I've heard of or can think of.
     It is true that occasionally methods have been suggested for zipping yourself up in a sleepsack with internal arm-sleeves; but the usual consensus seems to be that this is far too dangerous ever to try by oneself, and impossible to make acceptably safe. I would very much like to try this myself, and use those methods; but, after what I read, I'm simply too scared to try that. The surfboard bag idea is decently secure, but I believe much safer.

Regards, Michael.