My first mummification

All wrapped up and noplace to go, just the way you like it!
Lilifee
Unfettered Newbie

RE: My first mummification

Unread post by Lilifee »

So, this is, what we tried yesterday:I already tried to mumifiy myself, but there are still the f.... arms,that I cannot wrap myself so yesterday I asked my boyfriend to playmummy ith me He agreed, and with my instructions (it was the first time for him to work with foil)he wrapped each my feet and my arms very tightly, so I couln't bendthem. After that, he worked on my back and my waist, it felt reallybeautiful. My body shimmered in white, and I felt warm and sheltered.Then he started to wrap my legs together with the foil and after thathe wrapped my arms to my torso. Everything was so tight!! At the end, he placed a breathcontrol hood over my head, so I couldn'tsee anything and had to look after my breathing and then he layed me onmy bed. I was in heaven.but some minutes later (I don't know how long )the situation changed. The foil was really tight, and there were manylayers, so I couln't move an inch, that was ok for me, but I lost thefeelings in my arms and feet. First it wasn't bad, but several minuteslater, they started aching. OUCH!!!! And then from minute to minute itwas more difficult to breath because of the foil on my chest. Myboyfriend had an eye on me (for god's sake) and asked several times,whether everything was ok. He even loosened one arm a bit, to start thecirculation.I wanted to stay one hour as a mummy, but I gave up after half an hour because of the breathing. Now my question, because I want to try it again . Is it normal to loose the feelings in arms and legs? Or was it indeed to tight?Does anyone have some hints to make it better the next time?. I don'twant to be able to move AND I want to get the hour the next timeso please help !!P.S.: I really felt very very sore after that, and had to sleep two hours to recover

RubberDoll
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by RubberDoll »

Interesting I had a similar experience although I wasn't as meticulously wrapped as you were.GU & I were lying on the couch Friday night watching some TV.  I had a comforter wrapped around my shoulders as a nice little chill had set on about the house.  I stretched out across the couch and was planning on taking a little nap so GU got up and set off to play on the 'puter a bit.  I was shivering and trying to wrap the blanket a bit tighter cocooning a bit when GU asked me if I wanted to *really* be wrapped snug.  He knows how I like to cocoon underneath with the blanket tucked tight all around when I get chilly and need to warm up quickly.Of course I said sure because well I wanted to see what all the mummification fuss was about.  So he laid the blanket out on the floor and I laid down.  He rolled me up nice and tight with my arms at my sides and tucked in the corners.   He then took some rope and wrapped it around my feet and my arms for added security.  He picked me up off of the floor and put back on the couch settling my head nice and sweetly on the pillow.I never felt so damn comfy in all of my life!  It took about 30 seconds to fall fast asleep and I slept like a swaddled baby.  I did wake up around 30 minutes later sweating my ass off and wriggling to get out quickly as it was quite uncomfortable at that point.  I couldn't do it myself so I had to holler for GU to come up and release me!  I believe I would've slept longer or through the night just like that if it weren't the sweating part.RubberDoll38649.5678935185

gaggedutopia
Site Admin

Unread post by gaggedutopia »

[quote="Lilifee"]Now my question, because I want to try it again . Is it normal to loose the feelings in arms and legs? Or was it indeed to tight?

Does anyone have some hints to make it better the next time?. I don't
want to be able to move AND I want to get the hour the next time[/quote]
I would suggest two things. Wrap each leg and arm separately before wrapping together. It will add some cushion as well as allow you to be secured tightly without making the wrap super tight.

The second would be to bind some foam to place between your legs and arms. Bones pressing against each other can get uncomfortable fast (ankle and knees especially).

[quote=RubberDoll]I never felt so damn comfy in all of my life! It took about 30 seconds to fall fast asleep and I slept like a swaddled baby. I did wake up around 30 minutes later sweating my ass off and wriggling to get out quickly as it was quite uncomfortable at that point. I couldn't do it myself so I had to holler for GU to come up and release me! I believe I would've slept longer or through the night just like that if it weren't the sweating part.[/quote]
Sounds like I found a way to keep the heating bill down and keep you out of trouble!
Bondage Junkies: Bondage. Done. Right.
GU's Story Archive: Stories, Galleries and more!

cagedsgt
Strict Strappado

Unread post by cagedsgt »

This is a common problem for beginners.I would suggest to try again only leave the hands and feet free. By wiggling them you can keep the circulation longer and last about twice as long.Some people just have poor circulation and even tie jeans and such can cause a numbing feeling without movement.But if you can increase the time a little each attempt then you are able to grow acustom and wil be able down the road to enjoy longer and longer times.I would suggest next time instead of the foil that has little or no give, to use plastic wrap the as it warms stays tight tot he feel but is a little more giving for circualtion problems.cagedsgt

Hypercat
Forever Mummified

Unread post by Hypercat »

[quote="cagedsgt"]Some people just have poor circulation and even tie jeans and such can cause a numbing feeling without movement.[/quote]One time I had some problem with my intestine and I remained so long set on the WC that when I tried to stand up, I discovered I couldn't hold myself on my own legs. It took several minutes for them to turn back working.Do you think I'm one of those people?Hypercat38649.7784953704
PART DEMON, PART GODDESS, ALL CAT!

pleasewrap
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by pleasewrap »

[quote="Lilifee"]...the situation changed. The foil was really tight, and there were manylayers, so I couln't move an inch, that was ok for me, but I lost thefeelings in my arms and feet.[/quote]I'd say the first mistake was how tightly it sounds like he wrappedyour individual limbs.  The wrapping there should be loose, nottight.  The purpose of this wrap is not to restrict, but to createbetter contact with the outer layers and minimize the affect ofsweat.  If you wrap tightly, then the outer wrap will pull on theindividual limbs and create pressure points that will cut offcirculation.  So don't wrap arms and legs tightly - trust me,it'll be tight enough with sufficient wrapping over it.Second - go to your nearest crafts store and buy the foam rubbercushion that they sell for a chair seat.  Cut it into threerectangular pieces (two cuts) that are roughly the same size. After arms and legs are individually wrapped, place one under each armfrom the base of your palm up (to at least the elbow).  Place theother between your legs at the knees (preferably to your ankles, but Ican live without).  Then do the generalwrapping/mummification.  The padding will significantly cut down on pressure points and will cut down on lost circulation.As to breathing, when he's wrapping your chest (not your belly) - youactually don't breath from down there) take and hold at least a medium,if not a deep breath.  If you can't expand your rib cage, youcan't breathe.  Your boyfriend should also be carefully to wrapthis area to be snug but not oppressively tight.Final tip - if you're losing circulation stop immediately and have him cut you loose. It does not take long for you to do serious damage to tissue or nervesand you shouldn't be playing with the possibility.  In particular,the pressure from the wrap can mask the feeling in your fingers,delaying the sensation that's supposed to alert you to a problem. So when you feel it, don't mess around - serious harm can occur withstartling speed and you'll have some difficulty feeling that this isgoing on in your wrapped state.  Once you feel "pins and needles,"it's time to get loose - serious (and possibly continuous) pain is soonto follow before you lose all sensation.My $.02, anyway.

Darkraptor1
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Darkraptor1 »

I can't recall exactly when I had my first mummification experience, but I know that i've loved wrapping myself up in comforters for as long as I can remember.  It feels so safe, so warm, and so protecting...oh yeah, and it's tight too!

Lilifee
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Lilifee »

Many thanks for your statements, I think, they will help a lot the next time@pleasewrap:I already have bought some rubber foam for other bondage-handicrafts.That is a real good idea, AND I will wrap more loosely the next time.I never thought, that loosing the feeling is so dangerous, I evencouldn't move my hands and legs when he cut me loose, but everything isok now. I will be much more careful the next time.gagged utopia wrote:Sounds like I found a way to keep the heating bill down and keep you out of trouble! ROFL My boyfriend said exactly the same thing to me on Sunday!!!!Now I'm looking forward the next playday Lilifee38650.127349537

pleasewrap
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by pleasewrap »

[quote="Lilifee"]AND I will wrap more loosely the next time.[/quote]Just be careful with the wrapping on individual limbs and around thechest.  Firmly snug, but not excessively tight will suffice. For your next few experiences, it'd be best to talk as he's wrappingyou so he gets the "feel" for what's tight enough without beingproblematic.[quote]I never thought, that loosing the feeling is so dangerous, I evencouldn't move my hands and legs when he cut me loose, but everything isok now. I will be much more careful the next time.[/quote]That's a very, very good idea.  The lack of sensation is due to lack of blood flow.  Lack of bloodflow eventually turns into tissue death and loss.  Nerve endingsare particularly vulnerable to this.  I loooooovvvveeee beingwrapped up, but if there's any pins and needles, it's time to at leasttalk (you do have some type of safeword, right?  Ours is humminganything recognizeable as a song through a gag), certainly do somethingabout that appendage, and quite possibly just cut the play off if thatdoesn't work.Oh, and if he ever uses duct tape, be positiveto talk while it's being applied.  That tape is much, much lessgiving than the wrap, so it doesn't need to be pulled anywhere near ashard to be effective but it can add to circulation problems.If you hadn't figured it out, I'm very big on safety at play time.