Help & Advive

Pass the talc powder please!
latexglover
Unfettered Newbie

Help & Advive

Unread post by latexglover »

Hi there just trying to get a bit more info about the Latex/Rubber fetish scene. Any info about the subject would be of great help. I have always had a calling to wear Latex/Rubber but I am after some sound advice of how to introduce my wife into the wearing of Latex/Rubber items, And what and where are the best places to purchase good quality items for both of us to try to develop our joint venture into Latex/Rubber clothing for our joint pleasure. As to where to start and price so as not to end up with cheap poor quality items, but things that are well made and will last.
I hope there are people out there who can give sound advice and point us in the right direction :?:
thanks in advance

d3vious.g3nius
Tightly Hogtied

Re: Help & Advive

Unread post by d3vious.g3nius »

This forum is a bit quiet in the rubber & latex discussions. If you want more knowledge of the "scene", I'd suggest you create a FetLIfe(http://www.fetlife.com) account. Then search and explore.

A solid group to join would be Latex Lovers(https://fetlife.com/groups/411). There you will find a "sticky" for designers around the world(https://fetlife.com/groups/411/group_posts/687129).

Ask these same questions there and join in discussions about latex. Some can be a bit "shirty", just ignore 'em and respond to those who are polite and/or helpful.

From your part of the globe you have: HMS Latex(http://www.etsy.com/shop/HMSlatex) makes absolutely gorgeous latex and I have heard nothing but wonderful things. There are many many options though.

Now, about the wife... REMEMBER this... Your wife comes first, NOT the fetish. No pun intended either ;) Get her something that she would like to wear and makes her feel like a Goddess! Make it special for her, and I promise you, it will be special for you ;) For a long long time.

Hope this helps, all the best rubbery goodness,
- d.g
"I am not helpless, I'm simply restrained at the moment!"

latexglover
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by latexglover »

Hi There
d3vious.g3nius Thanks for the Advice just seen it was missed spelt my fault. Back to the real subject as I was saying thank you for your links to the sites and the advice where to go and mores to the point just where to start looking and seeing what there is available out there. As you might have gathered I am an expat along with my wife and as you have noticed we live in the Western Loire Valley. The other slight problem is we are what some people might refer to as "silver surfers" or the " Grey revolution" In our Late fifties/early sixties so no spring chickens so to speak.
I have done some very tentative looking but I am slowly getting the idea it's mainly young and middle aged people and very few mature folks like us. I hear what you have said about my wife and this is why I am being very careful about what to look for as well as the quality and cost of the item's Not that the money is a problem but I don't want to get ripped off either.
Found a couple of what look like good quality sites for items and would like your view if you know if they are worth going any further and seeing what the goods are like "catalyst latex" and "westwardbound" I think the best thing to start with is to go down the line of safety as I know my wife loves to wear good quality Bra, Suspender Belt and Panties along with F/F Stockings and I think that would be the safest bet to start.
I will look to joining "Fetlife" and see what more info I can glean from anyone on there and if there is anymore help and advice from any others out there in the mature age range like us. Thanks onea again for your candid and unbiased view and help I just hope there are as many more people out the who can also give straight help and advice . Thank you Latexglover

d3vious.g3nius
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by d3vious.g3nius »

You're welcome latexglover.

Don't worry about what age you are, simply decide what's comfortable for you both and how you wish to explore this new found fetish. Keeping everything behinds closed doors, so to speak, is perfectly fine. The links I provided are starting points of interest, nothing more.

Catalyst Latex is very reputable and a very active member in the FeltLIfe Latex Lovers group. Their latex is "chlorinated", which means it glides on dry with no frictiony type pinching. Non-chlorinated latex needs lube or talc to go on smoothly. For the most part.

Westward Bound has been good for me and most others, only thing to note was recently I read a post by someone complaining of quality of their latest purchase, but the poster never contacted Westward Bound about the issue... strange!

EDIT: http://libidex.com/ has great quality as well, AND... they run sales quite often. Right now(ends Tuesday 28th May) there are running a Bank Holiday Bonanza Sale which is 40% OFF!

Also of note, Libidex and Westward Bound are more high production shops than some others. But you learn that as you go.

I'm not the biggest latex fetishist, but I do okay. If you have any more questions just ask, I'll try to help ;)

All the best,
- d.g
"I am not helpless, I'm simply restrained at the moment!"