Accurate sizing.

Pass the talc powder please!
seidenki
Strict Strappado

Accurate sizing.

Unread post by seidenki »

I was wondering how accurate should a piece of latex clothing should be.

I'm about to buy a catsuit from latexfetish.us and discovered they offer custom measurements. Seventeen measurements later I compare them to their standard sizes and discover I'm actually an almost exact match for their Large size! More than half the numbers (in inches) are exactly the same and most of the rest are half-an-inch different (the sole outlier is the waist measurement... :oops: and even then, it's like just 2 inches different).

So, does half-an-inch make enough of a difference to go for a custom size? (Cost isn't an issue; it's US$17 extra.)

Sei.
Embrace your inner wierdo! No-one else will! (No, they'd be more likely to lock it up and throw away the key...)

Rubbertje_83
Unfettered Newbie

Re: Accurate sizing.

Unread post by Rubbertje_83 »

If most sizes are equal to you measurements you can take the standard ones. But if you a bit too long or not in proportion leg/torso for standard catsuits you have to go made to measure. Luckily there are some shops who offer extra tall and extra short catsuits in their list.

The most important measurements are: torso, arm and leg length. If those match like within 2cm it is all OK. It makes sure that your crotch and armpits have enough room and that it isn't to short.
Measurements of the chest, waist and hip make the catsuit less or more tight. All other measurements are proportional to these 3. If only your waist is a bit bigger, makes it just a little bit tighter. :-) Latex can easily stretch 10cm or more. So 2" there is not a problem :-)

seidenki
Strict Strappado

It arrived!

It's almost exactly what I expected: full inflatable catsuit with hands, feet and hood. I have to rig up something to do the zipper all the way up, though (piece of string, I guess). And I plum forgot that you sweat in these things! I needed a second shower tonight...

I'm kinda wishing I got custom sizing as I think the legs are a smidgen long. The torso inflated nicely but the legs and arms were a bit behind. Probably has something to do with my getting the thing on. I'll have to put up with that; I can't afford another for at least six weeks. And the port is low in the left leg! Weird place, I would have thought.

Otherwise it's great!

Sei.
Embrace your inner wierdo! No-one else will! (No, they'd be more likely to lock it up and throw away the key...)

The Half Heard
Chair Bound

Unread post by The Half Heard »

Nice!

I'm waiting on a couple of latex items at the moment, the only thing I've had to worry about accurate sizing on has been the dog suit from Elenas Latex. Which I've been waiting a heck of a long time on, lol.

The other which the sizing isn't so important is the inflatable sleepsack :)

Actually, I could give a crazy notion for it being in the left leg... Use a foot pump to inflate it?? :)

seidenki
Strict Strappado

The Half Heard wrote:Actually, I could give a crazy notion for it being in the left leg... Use a foot pump to inflate it?? :)
Now that makes sense! I'm used to rigging up a long hose, see. I was expecting it to be on the shoulder, for some reason. My inflatable trousers has it on the right hip.

Sei.

The Half Heard
Chair Bound

Unread post by The Half Heard »

Speaking of inflatable things... I'm now on the hunt for a reasonably quiet air compressor, to use with the inflatable sleepsack which should be delivered by mid July... I can't really imagine asking Mistress to inflate it with either a hand pump or a foot pump. Would probably get punished for it, heh.