Is there any problem with this mask? Any solution to it??

Pass the talc powder please!
kenny1999
Chair Bound

Is there any problem with this mask? Any solution to it??

Unread post by kenny1999 »

Hi everybody
I've received a hood made of latex from Germany manufacturer. However, it looks like having some problem with it.
There is a scratch on part of the mask, fortunately, it's not torn open. Would anyone know if it could tear open over time
and how to repair it on my own? Since I'm not in Germany, returning is very unlikely.

Photos. Image Image

EncasedInLatex
Tightly Hogtied

Re: Is there any problem with this mask? Any solution to it?

Unread post by EncasedInLatex »

No idea how you would repair it, probably worth contacting where ever you got it from though.

Got any pics of you in the mask?? :mrgreen:

kenny1999
Chair Bound

EncasedInLatex wrote:No idea how you would repair it, probably worth contacting where ever you got it from though.

Got any pics of you in the mask?? :mrgreen:

Is there any latex repair agents available in the market

tonyleeds
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by tonyleeds »

Have you thought of a puncture repair outfit from a cycle shop?

kenny1999
Chair Bound

tonyleeds wrote:Have you thought of a puncture repair outfit from a cycle shop?
puncture repair outfit? is it specially designed for latex or could it be used with latex? any deterioration to the latex material?

cycle shop? sound strange

Hope you clarify. Thank you

seidenki
Strict Strappado

Unread post by seidenki »

An inner-tube repair kit is perfect for fixing some sorts of small defects in latex wear. After all, a bicycle inner tube is pretty much the same sort of latex as used in our favourite toys!

Sei.
Embrace your inner wierdo! No-one else will! (No, they'd be more likely to lock it up and throw away the key...)

kenny1999
Chair Bound

seidenki wrote:An inner-tube repair kit is perfect for fixing some sorts of small defects in latex wear. After all, a bicycle inner tube is pretty much the same sort of latex as used in our favourite toys!

Sei.
bicycle inner tube? where to buy? from accessories shop for cycle right? I am not into bicycle. What's the primary usage of bicycle inner tube? I think the shopkeeper might not understand if I tell him I need to repair a latex hood.

seidenki
Strict Strappado

Unread post by seidenki »

kenny1999 wrote:
seidenki wrote:An inner-tube repair kit is perfect for fixing some sorts of small defects in latex wear. After all, a bicycle inner tube is pretty much the same sort of latex as used in our favourite toys!

Sei.
bicycle inner tube? where to buy? from accessories shop for cycle right? I am not into bicycle. What's the primary usage of bicycle inner tube? I think the shopkeeper might not understand if I tell him I need to repair a latex hood.
A bicycle inner tube is the pressurised part of the tire. It is a latex donut that sits inside the tire and is what the valve. It is used when the tire itself isn't made to seal to the rim, unlike most car tires.

You can buy repair kits from department stores, too. Look in the automotive section.

Sei.
Embrace your inner wierdo! No-one else will! (No, they'd be more likely to lock it up and throw away the key...)

LatexHood
Chair Bound

Unread post by LatexHood »

As it's not holed, I would only put a blob of copydex over it.
Smear it in and let it air dry.

Don't use a puncture repair kit.
The repair patches are generally very thick and still have a tendency to peel later.
They also usually show through.

If you have an old piece of similar rubber/latex clothing that's ripped or past it's best. You could use a piece cut from that to make a patch.
Make the patch slightly larger.
Scuff up the area to stick with a little sandpaper.
Apply the copydex and stick it down.
Use a weight like a heavy-ish book and leave it to dry.
Once dry you can sand down the edges of the patch smooth to blend it in.
If you feel it's necessary, a secondary smear of copydex around the edge often helps.

J.

szlovak
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by szlovak »

I would make a warranty claim for it if possible. Only way to repair this is to cut this scratch out and make a small patch underneath , and join edges together on upper side, then it should not be visible. Otherwise cut new latex in the shape of this scratch. Use thin latex. Before using glue, try to stick without a glue for a test, cleaned latex is very sticky but will not bound permanently yet.