look for advice on making latex catsuit on my own.

Pass the talc powder please!
Louis2008
Tightly Hogtied

RE: look for advice on making latex catsuit on my own.

Unread post by Louis2008 »

Hello
Because of the high price and high shipping cost buying from European countries and unhappy experience buying low quality latex from China sellers, I think nowI want to learn to make a latex catsuit on my own I see that there are some
tutorials on the web about making latex catsuit, I'd like to ask for advice
on doing this thing. For someone (like me) who doesn't have experience making
any clothes at all, will it be a waste of time and money to learn? By the way, where can I buy quality latex sheet if I am starting to do it.

Thank you for advice.Louis20082012-03-30 14:59:58

d3vious_g3nius
Strict Strappado

Unread post by d3vious_g3nius »

Hrmmm... learning how to makes clothes with latex starting with a catsuit, yes... a waste of time and money will be the result! Stamp it, guaranteed.Shipping costs(from Europe or Canada) for quality latex sheeting OR a premade garment will be the same!How much are you willing to spend?

gaggedutopia
Site Admin

Unread post by gaggedutopia »

A catsuit is a pretty big undertaking without experience. I've made some skirts and other things with latex and they have turned out well. That said, they would be much better if I did them again.

I got my latex at MJ Trends http://mjtrends.com
gaggedutopia2012-03-30 16:23:22
Bondage Junkies: Bondage. Done. Right.
GU's Story Archive: Stories, Galleries and more!

d3vious_g3nius
Strict Strappado

GU, did you mean http://www.mjtrends.com/?  Also, while the LINK you provided is valid, it states this: SORRY, BUT WE ARE CURRENTLY NOT TAKING ANY ORDERS.I have heard from numerous people that their latex is sub par as well as inconsistent in delivered product. PLUS, now we're talking shipping from the USA to Hong Kong. I don't think shipping is cheaper getting farther away!!!

gaggedutopia
Site Admin

Unread post by gaggedutopia »

Yes, MJ Trends. I've got my latex from them as well as others I know and it has been fine. For a few yards of .50mm it was $55 USD to Hong Kong. If you buy enough you can probably make the cost more manageable. Suppliers in China would probably be best since most of it is made there anyway.

As for looks, my first attempt at latex turned out OK with MJTrends:

Bondage Junkies: Bondage. Done. Right.
GU's Story Archive: Stories, Galleries and more!

stephanie_cd
Forever Mummified

Unread post by stephanie_cd »

From this thread from 2010: [quote=stephanie_cd] One of our other forum members hasn't posted much in her thread on the topic here since July, but it goes from "where can I buy latex by the yard" to "here's the finished product!"  [/quote][quote=gromet]Why not check out the Rubberist Forum here: http://www.rubberist.net/forums/forum.phpPlenty of info on how to make latex clothing. [/quote](Make sure to check out both links!)That being said, if you're going to try to make your own latex clothing, START SMALL! Try making a hood or something first, rather than diving into a full catsuit. There are multiple  reasons why people who are learning to knit start off with dishcloths and scarves, rather than a full-length sweater-dress -- cost, difficulty, and the fact that a $3 dishcloth may turn out to be hideous but still be completely functional!    A hideous sweater that never gets worn, on the other hand, is a bigger investment and NOT nearly as functional if it spends most of the time hiding in the closet.Your first efforts may look rather clumsy, so start with something small and work your way up -- it turned out pretty well for Pet in her thread! [same link as the second one above]

d3vious_g3nius
Strict Strappado

I'll post in this thread the next time this "Libidex 'latex express' 50% off sale" happens.

Louis2008
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Louis2008 »

Hello People above, I am louis2008

OK, if making a latex catsuit is difficult, then I choose to give up.
Because I am not interested in putting on latex skirts or anything small.

But I have another question then.
I have no any knowledge and experience about making any kinds of clothes, but I'd like to know if making a latex catsuit is fairly the same process as making any other ordinary clothes? Since it is easy to pick someone who is expert in making ordinary clothes here, so if it's almost the same thing for a professionals, then I'll think about buying a latex sheet from Europe/USA and let the local people here to make for me.

Please don't ask me to buy from China. I just want catsuits with better fit / better quality and lower price. China just gives worse fit/worse quality and now not really lower price.

I don't even trust the latex sheet imported from China. I believe that it's just a piece of shit.

Thank you

d3vious_g3nius
Strict Strappado

No, it's not the same as constructing regular clothes. Seams are glued(overlapping) and not sewn(together). The glue also has an effect on the latex causing "curling" which can be quite frustrating for complicated garments(READ: catsuit).A professional who has never worked with latex will never get it right, on so many levels.   d3vious_g3nius2012-03-31 17:09:24

cheesy888au
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by cheesy888au »

This place has a sale on latex catsuits at the moment. I have heard that they are a reputable supplier also.
http://www.elenaslatex.com/latex/sale.html

d3vious_g3nius
Strict Strappado

A catsuit from Elena's for £ 79.99 here: ** CT 1 LATEX CAT-SUIT **  Good find cheesy888au. Typically, for a new vendor, I send an email or two discussing the purchase first. - d_g

John123
Unfettered Newbie

Re: look for advice on making latex catsuit on my own.

Unread post by John123 »

I've found www.latexworkshops.com to be useful :D
{and their free info}

John123
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by John123 »

Making latex clothes is not difficult. Here are lots of free tutorials http://www.latexworkshops.com/site/tutorials/ to help :D
You just have to start out with a good pattern.

This site has lots of useful pages and even a Newsletter :) http://www.latexworkshops.com/site/wp-l ... n=register

Any questions we are always happy ~ LatexJim@latexworkshops.com

szlovak
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by szlovak »

An easy way is to use stretch wrap 10cm wide on person you will create cloth for. Then use some tape that everything holds in place.Cut it in places where seams will be and that's it, you have your own pattern. For latex 0.4mm use 5% reduction, but only in horizontal direction, never in vertical. If you are not sure if glueing is good idea at some point, use cleaning agent (white spirit or simply purified gasoline) you use for cleaning latex and with a good press of seam roller it holds quite nice for tests and you can peel it off easily and make changes again.