Hydro-glove rubber diving suits

Pass the talc powder please!
rubbergagged
Tightly Hogtied

RE: Hydro-glove rubber diving suits

Unread post by rubbergagged »

Has anyone got any experience of buying the Hydro-glove retro, two-piece rubber diving suits from the US?   Are they good value and for those in UK, what was the buying experience like?   Would be grateful for any advice.  Thanks!

rubsubsea
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by rubsubsea »

I have alreday two one with attached hood and glove the other without them.I love the suit as it is very easy to wear and get in and out.The delivery to germany took about 2 to 3 weeks but I fear there was a lot of time lost at the customs. Here I hade to pick it up and pay some toll for it. 19% tax + 2%or3% customs.No addionaly questions about what this is for from the customs.Only point is that the gloves size is very small so order at least one number higher then usualy.The suit is air/water sweat tight I use it for example also as a kind of sleepingsuit and the bed stays dry. But in the suit it gets realy wet.I also tried to wear the suit for a longer time (not just one day) and it was dry outside (not inside :-) )Also for the real purpose of the suit diving. It works but as the is no val for the air if you go deeper the 10 meters it realy compress. 

felpudo
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by felpudo »

do you have the link to buy them? I´m looking for a suit with attached gloves, fett and hood

rubsubsea
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by rubsubsea »

I bought my two suits direct at there homepage hydroglove.com 

rubbermasteralien
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by rubbermasteralien »

yes i have a friend who has one he told me that it is very easy to get it only takes about two weeks to get it and its of very good value if you want any more information on it just contact me

willjim
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by willjim »

My first rubber suit was a Scuba Totes diving suit. This was back in the 60's. I loved it. Hydroglove reinvented the Tote suit. I have several. As noted when they are properly sealed they are water and air tight. They are not the usual tight-fit cat suit but are more like the Studio Gum "boiler" suit. They are a bargain when you consider they are nearly twice as thick as most suits you buy plus they are completely clorinated. I highly recommend their suits. A word of caution though, be sure of your size. Temptation might lead you to order something smaller to make a tighter fitting suit. These are .65mm and .80mm suits and can be uncomfortable if the fit is too tight fit.