sweat leaking from catsuit?

Pass the talc powder please!
kinkdreams
Unfettered Newbie

RE: sweat leaking from catsuit?

Unread post by kinkdreams »

Since you were all so helpful with my previous post i thought i'd pose another question for the group.  i have a catsuit with full back to front zipper that ends around the belly button.  i find that i don't wear it as often as i would because when i get sweaty (which to me is the whole point) the sweat leaks through the crotch zipper and i leave trails and puddles wherever i am in the house.  does anybody know of a vendor that sells catsuits with waterproof zippers or any other alternative? it's hard to enjoy the feeling of being encased in latex when i have to worry about sitting on the couch or walking around the house without leaving a pool of leaked sweat.has anybody else encountered this problem?what do you suggest?thanks in advance!  - Kink

Pet
Chair Bound

Unread post by Pet »

One of the things I'm doing for my outfit I'm making because I know Tampa in July is going to be a bitch in latex is that I'm wearing a spandex waist cincher that goes just under my breasts because that's where the majority of sweat is going to be. It will reduce the feeling of latex against your skin but you'll be able to wear the suit longer with less worry. Another option would be to make a layover flap on the inside of the zipper. Just get a long strip of latex that's about double the width of the latex and glue one edge on the inside of the suit. Lay it flat against your skin and zip up. The glue is easy to make just get some rubber cement and heptane (solvent/rubber cement thinner) and mix 4:1 and as long as you don't let your strip ripple it should be at least a bit more effective. Just keep in mind that it won't be completely waterproof

kinkdreams
Unfettered Newbie

thanks for the advice Ped, my suit does have a layover flap, i've just found that it doesn't make a good enough seal, the second i move or shift it leaks.

OneStrangeGuy
Strict Strappado

Unread post by OneStrangeGuy »

When I did this sort of thing I realized that a cat suit with a zipper just wouldn't gut it primarily for the reasons you stated. And as you said, the perspiration to me, was part of the fun. Rather than getting a cat suit what I did was I purchased basically a pair of pants with attached sox, a long sleeve shirt with attached gloves, and a dress. When I received the stuff I cut the dress in half, horizontally and glued the top half to the top of the pants. This gave me pants that came up over my chest with straps over my shoulders. The bottom of the dress was glued to the bottom of the shirt, thus I had a really long shirt. Eventually I glued a hood to the shirt as well. This created a suit that literally covered my entire body with double layers over my entire trunk. The top would be put on first so that it tucked and would drain into the pants I still couldn't lay down because it would leak, but when I stood vertically it was water tight. At times I ended up draining over 2 qts of liquid from the legs of the suit as I took it off. It wasn't exactly a pretty suit, but it was functional, and that was what I was after.

BishopFan1
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by BishopFan1 »

The answer is layers. Start with a latex tee shirt, then a pair of bermuda shorts with the top on the outside of the teeshirt so that the sweat from your chest runs into the bermudas, then a pair of stockings  with the tops over the legs of the bermudas to catch the sweat coming out of the bermudas, so that all the sweat ends up in your feet. Then the catsuit over everything.Bish

kinkdreams
Unfettered Newbie

layers sounds like a great idea. i've also been thinking about getting a catsuit that just has shoulder zips for top entry so that i could lie down while wearing it. the only problem i see with both of these solutions is that if i need to relieve myself while in the suit i have to undo the whole thing whereas with the zippered suit i can just open it up and go.  has anyone found a solution that would still let me lie down and still not leak?

OneStrangeGuy
Strict Strappado

Unread post by OneStrangeGuy »

It depends on what Mistress says. In some cases you may be in the suit until she says you can get out. Until that time whatever fluids come out just collect inside.

willjim
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by willjim »

After a lot of layering sessions as described above, I finally modified my TE suit to have shoulder zips. I removed orignal rear zip, glued and reinforced the zip closed then installed two shoulder zips which went from mid arm up and over the hood (with mouth hole only) I then could add a paddle lock where the two zipper tabs met. It was a lot of work but it turned out to be one of the best suits I ever owned.

My second best suit is a Hydroglove two piece hooded suit. The suit rolls together at the waist. No leaks ever.