Latex & Rubber ’acclimation’

Pass the talc powder please!
jackstrapped
Tightly Hogtied

RE: Latex & Rubber ’acclimation’

Unread post by jackstrapped »

I'm posting this in the hope that some other rubberists will respond,but please dont let that stop the rest of you from posting as well.I guess I have been attracted to rubber from infancy. My earliestmemories were the young lady who lived downstairs from us in our rowhouse in Chicago. She was dutch (as I recall) and wore a fantastic greyrubber trenchcoat for most of the year. She helped my mom with thebooks of her company, and would often come up to our place and leavethe coat hanging over a chair, or on the sofa. It was soft, VERY heavy,smooth, rubbery, smelled great, and made the sweetest sounds when shewas putting it on or taking it off. I am sure I didnt know why, butjust seeing her button it up, tighten the straps on the waist, wrists,collar, buckle the cape, etc.; just made me aware of the rising dilemmain a new frontier.When I was in 6th grade, 11 or 12, I accompanied my mother to an afterschool PTA meeting. Rather than sit in the dark auditorium listening tonuns, priests and brothers lecture parents on 'Catholic' education, Itook a walk up into the darkened school building (Mom though I was inthe gymnasium with the other kids). I stopped by the nurses office, theone room you never wanted to be sent to, and tried the door; it opened.I went inside and quickly surveyed the territory. There were glassdoored cabinets full of bandages, medicines and antiseptic; a long,leather covered exam table and several desks. There was also a closet.When I opened the door I was stunned to see a full rack of long, shiny,heavy yellow rubber slicker style coats, the same ones the nuns used toget us to the bus or our drivers car in the rain. They were all hoodedand closed with zippers to a high buckled collar. Being a rather horneychild, for reasons I will never know (not even the shrinks can help), Itook two off their hangers and laid them on the table. Without any concsious thought or deliberation, I zipped one up andturned it inside out; the I pulled it on backwards OVER my shirt andjeans. Then I zipped up the other one and pulled it on backwards overthe top. I then pulled the hoods over my face, reached behind my neckand pulled the drawstrings out tight and crossed them, pulling themaround my neck and tying them under my chin. Then I climbed up on thetable and laid down on my stomach as though I was operating on remotecontrol. I laid there for a while, squirming, trying to breathe, myarms at my side. Suddenly I felt something strange, started strugglingand exploded in my jeans. I was terrified! I dont remember much more,but somehow I got out of the rubberwear, hung them up in the closet andwent back down to the gym. I was drenched in sweat; much more than anyof the players. I just ran around for a little while longer until themeetings were over, then found my mom and wenbt home. All she keptsaying was how hard I must have played basketball.I tell this story to illustrate my early experiences, and to let youknow how much I sweated during the whole thing. That's important,because as I continued to dress up in order to be aroused, and  tomasturbate; i would sweat profusely after climax. This continuedthrough early high school, but slowly started to decrease as I grewolder. In fact, using rubber raincoats to enclose the upper portion ofmy body only seemed to make me sweat the heaviest. As I grew older, andstarted to purchase more latex and rubber, sweating has decreased. Now,its amazing to me; I can spend 24 hours or more layered in heavy rubberand latex, and seem to perspire very little. To this day; its onlyHEAVY rubber total enclosure, often topped with a leather straitjacketor bodybag that seems to generate any perspiration at all. I realizethat my heaviet sweating always seemed to occur after orgasm, howevertoday it doesnt seem to happen at all!My point is; do we really 'acclimate' ourselves to rubber and latex? Icant think of any other answer. I have been doing this for over 40years, so maybe I am a strange example; but I would love to know whatopthers think.Thanks, and please let us all know what you think...

Icarus
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Icarus »

It is a human factor - the more you do somethign - immaterial of what it is, the less it simulates the senses - One beer can get a kid drunk, when you're 30?Spicy foods become less spicey as you eat more.Road noise etc can be tuned out after a while so you can sleep.Obviously this is the same with one's kink.I remember when I find out I liked bondage, I would still be doing up the straps when I climaxed. Now, it takes a lot longer and is often hard work to get to that sweat spot.

Darkraptor1
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Darkraptor1 »

I think that our fetishes are things that we pick up fromchildhood.  I loved being wrapped up in blankets as an infant (myparents say that I absoloutly loved it) so I think that's where mymummification fetish comes from.  So it's perfectly reasonable tothink that our attraction to rubber (if we have one that is) comes fromexperiences, most often during childhood.  I really got intorubber after wearing a thick wetsuit at scuba training (I diddn't passthough).  

Icarus
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Icarus »

Raptor - if you didn't pass, you should do it again!I was chatting with a friend last night - I have been thinking about doing scuba training for like forever - and she said that scuba training is the hottest place nowadays to chat up rich men.She also said I was not allowed to do it. I am sensing some dom tendencies showing through here

pleasewrap
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by pleasewrap »

[quote="Darkraptor1"]I think that our fetishes are things that we pick up fromchildhood.  I loved being wrapped up in blankets as an infant (myparents say that I absoloutly loved it) so I think that's where mymummification fetish comes from.[/quote]I think we ascribe way too much to childhood, myself.  Nearly every infant born loves to be swaddled - they can from a very warm, very confined place.  Swaddling is a very natural way to soothe them with what they knew.  So I wouldn't look at that as being anything meaningful.[quote]So it's perfectly reasonable tothink that our attraction to rubber (if we have one that is) comes fromexperiences, most often during childhood.  I really got intorubber after wearing a thick wetsuit at scuba training (I diddn't passthough).  [/quote]I think that the human mind is a marvelously, wonderously, amazingly complex organ with twists, turns, and depths we will never really understand fully.  Part of who we are is genetic, part is how we're raised, part is what we see and are exposed to, and part is the things that we undertake of our own free will.Why do I love bondage/mummification/dominance/submission?  I don't know, and frankly, I don't particularly care.  It's who I am, how I am, and I'm fine with that.  My fetishes don't go to the point of obsession or danger, and short of being able to dump my brain into a computer/movie at different stages of my life, I don't think I could ever pinpoint exactly why I am the way that I am.So I worry less about the road I travelled to get where I am and more about enjoying the journey where I am now.  I learn from my experiences and hope to "do better" (whatever the hell that means in whatever the hell context we're discussing) without worrying about "Why am I this way?"My fetish is a part of me.  It hurts nobody, intrudes upon noone, and reflects neither positively or negatively upon me.  Why did I end up this way?  I don't care.