First catsuit, what thickness would you recommend?

Pass the talc powder please!
Crowley
Tightly Hogtied

First catsuit, what thickness would you recommend?

Unread post by Crowley »

Hi

I'm taking the plunge and buying my partner a latex catsuit, I was wondering what thickness people would recommend.

She tolerates me with reasonably good humor and has agreed to the catsuit but, as I'm sure many of you appreciate, it's best not to push my luck ;) Therefore I'm looking for the best balance between what's easiest to get in and out of and what's least likely to rip.

I've narrowed the supplier down to Elenas Latex or Rubber55, probably leaning towards the former. Elena offers 0.45mm or 0.6mm latex, Rubber55 offers 0.2mm or 0.4mm.

Can anyone advise on the pros and cons of thicker versus thinner latex?

Thanks

Crowley

Rubbertje_83
Unfettered Newbie

Re: First catsuit, what thickness would you recommend?

Unread post by Rubbertje_83 »

Hi

A few things to keep in mind
- A lot depends on the sensitivity of her skin. If she bruises her skin easily or not
thinner if sensitive
- Her size. big girl or not?
big girls can handle more compression -> so thicker
- latex lover or not?
thin latex is less restrictive
- Is the suit made very tight, tight, just or loose
thick & very tight don't go that well together for most persons
- how long is she going to wear it?
longer then 3h = thinner

a 0.25-0.3 is very thin and rips easily, so only take it every answer is thinner.
0.35-0.4 is ok for a girl to start
0.45-0.5 is when you have 4 or 5x thicker
0.55-0.6 if you buy a 2nd one and she really wants to try it
0.65-1.2 if you are into thick rubber

PS Don't get tempted to buy cheap latex, it will rip. buy only quality. It literally lasts 10x longer.
I'm really not exaggerating about this.

Crowley
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Crowley »

Thanks for taking the time to write such a comprehensive response, that's a load of really useful information.

I'm going to order with Elena's Latex even though it's quite cheap compared to other sites (roughly £150 for a made to measure suit with the options I want). I've read some good reviews of their work here and even if it turns out not as a good quality as some others, it lets us dip our toe in the water without wasting too much money if it's never worn a second time :roll:

One last question, I contacted the seller about measurements and she advised that they'll make it to the exact measurements provided. I'm assuming if I want the catsuit to be suitably tight I should specify something a bit less than the actual measurements? Is there any rule of thumb for a percentage stretch you can expect from latex? I'm looking at a 0.4mm suit and my partner isn't very big, about a UK size 10 (EU 40, US 8?)

Rubbertje_83
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Rubbertje_83 »

I dont know. I always order my size at STR and it arrives nice and tight. I suppose it should be a few centimeters smaller then your actual size's. I remember for my girlfriends catsuit from Blackstyle. They asked how she wanted it: very tight, tight, just or loose. I wouldn't recommend very tight for a first catsuit, because it can be difficult to put on. Nor the loose version, you'll miss the real latex experience.

Just send them an email and ask them.