Allergen free latex clothing?

Pass the talc powder please!
Robred
Unfettered Newbie

Allergen free latex clothing?

Unread post by Robred »

The latex allergy comes from using natural latex, as in from trees. I know a lot of the latex products use all artificial latex, but they are not labeled reliably. And for the last few years, hospitals have all gone "latex-free" on everything from gloves to tubing.

So, are there any fetish manufacturers out there that guarantee "natural latex free" clothing?

AliceInBondageLand
Tightly Hogtied

Re: Allergen free latex clothing?

Unread post by AliceInBondageLand »

No, but there is a small movement of folks making silicone outfits... as in the stuff they make disinfectable sex toys and bakeable muffin pans out of. No allergens there. Body safe and food safe.

TeaSer
Strict Strappado

Unread post by TeaSer »

I was once told that if you chlorinate your latex outfit it reduces the allergic reactions a lot. Point is to fill the open ended latex-molecules on the surface of the suit (that was at least the excuse).

There are other benefits to chlorinating - for me the important one is that you don't need to spend a lot of time cleaning and powdering your suit - rinse it in water (to remove sweat) and let it dry. It won't glue together.
Have to mention a downside as well: At least to my tshirt the surface lost its 'latex-shine', so if you wear latex to look good, this probably will stop you chlorinating. If you wear latex to feel good, go ahead (imho).

You can read about chlorinating at http://www.netzkolen.dk/beskrivelse/How ... y_Gord.htm
You may call me an old, perverted sadist - but don't flatter

roboman
Strict Strappado

Unread post by roboman »

I keep waiting to hear some one say they have a Nitrile fetish. I haven't seen any 'fetish' stuff claiming to be latex free, but have seen a lot of lab clothing claiming to be latex free nitrile or some other synthetic rubber. That can get you part way there. There would probably be a market for such products.