FS's guide to writing an erotic story

Like a story? Need help writing your own? Post your thoughts and ideas here.
FictitiousSlave
Unfettered Newbie

FS's guide to writing an erotic story

Unread post by FictitiousSlave »

So I've written a few and I like to think some of them are ok!

Here are my top tips for you to write some good old fashioned sex stories. Feel free to add your own!

Structure your writing
All fiction and erotic fiction in particular has a habit to wander unless it's properly restrained (see what I did there? :lol: ). We all have kinky/sexy ideas we want to write. Don't make a list of every fantasy, position or idea you've ever had and try to cram them into one story. If you do you'll end up writing an "and then this happened" type tale. I suggest choosing two or three parts to your story then a start and and end on either end (this by coincidence is almost exactly how every Simpsons episode I've ever seen works).

For example:

Intro - Husband comes home
Part 1 - Wife has something kinky planned, they do X
Part 2 - The husband decides actually he wants to do Y and they do that together
End - they lie together in a tangle of naked limbs.

By structuring your story you keep your readers interested and don't leave them wondering what the next idea will be. When I read back some of my early stuff it's nearly unreadable as the main character went from one encounter to another without even pausing for breath!

Consider writing in the 1st person
Most fiction is written in the 3rd person, some omniscient narrator oversees the tale and describes what's going on. Jane did this, Roy did that, Jane thought the other...

In my humble opinion 1st person narratives work much better for erotic fiction. As Jane did this I couldn't help thinking that she should have... writing in the 1st person lets you really get inside the heads of your characters. If you're writing a kinky story you can explore the Dom's ideas or the sub's hopes/fears as the scene unfolds.

If you're on dangerous ground throw your readers a lifeline
Lots of erotic fiction takes place in schools/colleges with babysitters or friend's sisters. Needless to say if there is any possible doubt in your readers minds that the story is inappropriate you've done something wrong. If you're in this situation always make it perfectly clear early on in your story that all characters are old enough to be in your story!

Make your Doms insecure and your Submissives argumentative
Make your characters real people, we've already talked about writing in the 1st person. Characters come to life when they moan, complain and want other things!

Jess rolled her eyes as Troy went down on her. She loved it the first time, even the second but the constant cunnilingus strained even her attention!

Mark winced as he spanked Helen's backside, could he really do this?