Looking for story writers to help me out

Like a story? Need help writing your own? Post your thoughts and ideas here.
LittleBojan
Unfettered Newbie

RE: Looking for story writers to help me out

Unread post by LittleBojan »

Hi everyone,I am looking some some kind souls help. I am quite fustrated at the moment. I have tried time and time again for the past few months to write a story about me and my girlfriend. But I find after I write a few paragraphs I have no interest in reading it as I have written it and I know how it goes and I also know where all the mistakes are. It completely ruins the fun of reading a story tailored to me and my girlfriend.So that is where you lovely people come in. I'd love if someone could pm me if you have some free time to maybe write up a story for me. It doesnt have to be anything fancy. I only have a few fetishes. I find it adds to the excitement of the story when it is actually about me and my girlfriend as opposed to random people.The idea I had been running with is me wanting to kidnap a woman to turn into my latex toy and coming across a girl (who would be my real life girl friend) and kindapping her. I am open to other ideas and suggestions. I'd be happy to provide any potential story writers with any info they need such as descriptions/pictures of me and my girlfriend ect. Lists of our fetishes ect.So please if you have some free time send me a private message. I know its alot to ask and i'm not expecting much but I thought it was worth a shot.Thanks to everyone who bothered to read this LittleBojan2010-12-16 19:39:29

d3vious_g3nius
Strict Strappado

Unread post by d3vious_g3nius »

Hrmmm... abduction, CHECK... latex... CHECK... D/s... CHECK... Well that does it, I'm all in for this Time to spread some holiday cheer err... oticism! - d_gd3vious_g3nius2010-12-16 21:25:20

DarkLizerd
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by DarkLizerd »

Make it a group participation story...Everyone add a bit to the story, and you steer it if it gets off track...If nothing else, you get a rough story that will just need cleaning up to make it 'go right'.Post what you started, and we'll see if anyone wants to run with it...I have seen projects like this run for a while then suddenly just die.Usually they have rules like only one sentence, and no posting after your self, and you are stuck waiting for someone to post so you can continue with your thought. 
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...

LockedInALocker
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by LockedInALocker »

[quote="LittleBojan"]I have tried time and time again for the past few months to write a story about me and my girlfriend. But I find after I write a few paragraphs I have no interest in reading it as I have written it and I know how it goes...[/quote]     Not sure if I can suggest anything; but I do have a few thoughts on this, which I will give you, just in case they are helpful.  I have often tried writing in the past (non-kinky stuff), and for various reasons none of these attempts have really been successful - but I do know what the urge to write feels like.     It sounds to me as if you are hoping that when you write a story you will be able to read it and enjoy it in the way you might enjoy a new story written by someone else.  But I don't think it works that way.  You are too involved in the story, as its creator, to be able to enjoy the story in that kind of way.  Of course you know how it goes - there would be something wrong if you didn't, and you probably wouldn't be able to control the way it goes properly - but that of course means you have no suspense as things work up to a climax, precisely for that same reason: you know what the outcome will be.     If you are able to write the story you want to write, perhaps you shouldn't worry too much about how much you enjoy it at the time, but rather evaluate it on more objective criteria such as effective characteriziation, setting, plot, etc.  There are plenty of "how to write" books which give guidance on such things, if you are finding it difficult to design these aspects properly.  So you might be able to know the story is good, and in keeping with your mental image of it, whether or not you "enjoy" reading it.     In fact, it might be a good idea not to judge its quality at all while actually writing it and the ideas are coming out into the writing: just write it as the ideas flow, and the time to judge it and revise it will come after that.  If you find your interest flags so badly as you write that you can't even continue, it might mean that the story you have in mind just isn't meeting your standards, and you might want to consider how to change your concept of it to make it more interesting.     If you want to be able to enjoy it in something like the way you read someone else's story, I think you might do best to write the story, re-read it and evaluate it in a fairly hard-headed way, revise it (in that order) - in short, do everything you can to create the very best story you can write - then come back to re-read it years later when you have forgotten some of the detail in it.  *Then* (and not before) you be able to enjoy it in something like the way you might enjoy a new story by another author whose work you enjoy.  But I think you will probably not get very far with a story if, while you are writing it, you judge it as uninteresting because you can't enjoy it like someone else's work *at that time*, and stop writing it for that reason.[QUOTE]... and I also know where all the mistakes are.[/quote]     That is a good thing, not a bad thing: it means you can correct the mistakes, because you are perceptive enough to know where you have gone wrong.     If you read it and find no mistakes at all, then *that* might be cause for concern.  Possibly it might mean you are such a genius at writing that you can write a story straight off without any flaws; but more likely it would mean you are not being objective enough to see flaws that are there.[QUOTE] It completely ruins the fun of reading a story tailored to me and my girlfriend.[/quote]     Again, it suggests you are judging your efforts solely or mainly by how much you enjoy reading it at the same time you are writing it, and expecting it to be as fresh and new and suspenseful as a new story by someone else.  I just don't think that is likely to be the best criterion to judge it on.[QUOTE]So that is where you lovely people come in. Smile I'd love if someone could pm me if you have some free time to maybe write up a story for me. It doesnt have to be anything fancy. I only have a few fetishes.[/quote]     I can only speak for myself - but I suspect fetishes are so personal that a writer who tries to write about someone else's fetishes instead of their own will do so in a flat and uninteresting way that lacks conviction, lacks a real feel for that fetish.  And even if you can find someone else to write your story who does share your fetishes, ten to one their view of it will be disappointingly different from your own.  (I think this principle would apply to any kind of writing, actually - namely that attempts by a writer to write up someone else's ideas would be less satisfactory - but probably especially so in something very personal in nature, such as fetishes.)[QUOTE]I find it adds to the excitement of the story when it is actually about me and my girlfriend as opposed to random people.[/quote]     *Will* it be about you and your girlfriend, though (even if it uses your names), if it is written by someone else who (if they are another member of this forum) very likely knows you very little or not at all?  For instance, I've never met you, and I don't know anything about the kind of person you are.  If I wrote a story "about" you, using your name, and so on, I don't for one moment think it would be even remotely about you at all, beyond superficial features of name, description of appearance and interests, and the like.     And if you have that creative urge to write a story about a topic that matters to you, you will in no way satisfy that by getting someone else to write the story.  I guess there is no shortcut to writing good, satisfying stories, and if you really have that urge, it might be better to work on your own writing skills than to get someone else to write *your* stories.  If other writers are anything like myself, they very likely won't be interested in writing someone else's stories, using someone else's ideas, because they will much prefer to be working on writing about their own ideas.[QUOTE]The idea I had been running with is me wanting to kidnap a woman to turn into my latex toy and coming across a girl (who would be my real life girl friend) and kindapping her.[/quote]     You are the best person to write about this, since you know all the details of what this idea entails, and you know what it feels like in all its myriad little details.  It is not something I could write about at all, even if you spent hours telling me as much detail as you could; if I tried to, I am sure you would not be satisfied with what I came up with - even if I could somehow think up good ideas for this (which I can't off the top of my head).[QUOTE]I am open to other ideas and suggestions. I'd be happy to provide any potential story writers with any info they need such as descriptions/pictures of me and my girlfriend ect. Lists of our fetishes ect.[/quote]     I'm not trying to discourage this - maybe I'm wrong and you might like the results of this, and maybe there is someone who thinks they can do this, and who actually can do it well.  It's just my opinion, though, that this may not be the best way of proceeding.     Sorry to sound a bit discouraging - but I hope this helps in some little way.  I really think lots of writers would probably agree with me about this.Regards, Michael.

LittleBojan
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by LittleBojan »

Thanks for all the advice. I honestly don't think its a problem with me no liking the content of other stores its just I like things to have a common theme that I like.I have pretty much given up on writing it myself as I am unable to seperate myself from the need to read and enjoy it. But I have had an offer from d3vious_g3nious. Which is awfully nice by him. SO I am excited to see what he can come up with.

DarkLizerd
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by DarkLizerd »

I have done a few short stories, (see Forum.boundanna.com   The game), fictional, and a few true ones...For me, when I start a story, I have a basic idea of what I want, I start typing, and the story takes on a life of its' own. All I have to do is type what I see. I don't go back and re-edit it to explain what happened at one point. I only re-read it to find typos. For me, it is kinda like watching TV, you see the preview, then watch the show to see all the action, but you don't know what happens next. Like I said, works for me, and since I don't know what will happen, it is almost like reading a new story.Give your story a shot first, who knows, you may find that spark that will get you started writing...And, unless you really, really screw up a thread or line of thought, or run into a dead end, don't re-read what you wrote unless you need to back up and take a different turn.After you are done, re-read it to find the errors and typos, after all, if the main character is gaged and hogtied, it will be just a little hard to get out of the bedroom if the door is closed, and make a call on the phone that's on the table...... And for GOD'S sake, SPELL CHECK!!!(That kills a story for LOTTS of people...) 
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...