Imprisonment Stories

Like a story? Need help writing your own? Post your thoughts and ideas here.
Eiakon
Unfettered Newbie

RE: Imprisonment Stories

Unread post by Eiakon »

Maybe it's the German in me, but I've always been fascinated by stories involving female imprisonment in dark dungeons, cages, oubliettes, ect., ect. In any time period, really, that are more about the bondage and imprisonment aspect than of sex or torture.Unfortunately that seems to be a very specific niche, because there just aren't that many stories written on the subject.A great set of stories are written by the author DungeonMouse before his Geocities page went dark. The two remnants of his stories are..Diedra and The Cage.Are there any other stories that sorta fit this mold? Even in a different language, I can just translate with a program. I'd really appreciate getting some suggestions.Thanks so much.

LockedInALocker
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by LockedInALocker »

Well, this theme interests me a lot too (and I don't know if it's a coincidence that I have significant part-German ancestry).  The idea of being locked in a place has fascinated me for as long as I can remember, I would say from quite early in childhood.
     I suggest you look at Gromet's Plaza (http://www.grometsplaza.net/main.html), as I feel sure there probably are stories there of that sort, but you might have to sort through lots that don't stress that angle so much.  It'd be nice if Gromet could start a special "Imprisonment" section, if there are enough stories available and enough demand for them.  (There are already specialized sections (some on their own web addresses, but apparently affiliated) for "Bound", "Buried", "Devoured", "Doll", "Giantess", "Latex", "Machine", "Mummified", "Packaged", "Ponygirl", "Selfbound", "Transformation", "Transgender/Crossdressing", and "Trashcan", some of which seem even more specialized still.  So in view of that, there would seem to be a place for "Imprisonment Stories".)
     I'd like to write a few stories of this sort myself, although I'm not sure if I can think of suitable plots, or whether I could give it the right feel.  I do have a few ideas in mind though, which I may write up if I can make them concrete enough.

To be sure, you can use Google to translate stories, but you may be overestimating its abilities in this area.  Even for quite simple passages of text, with no obscure words or grammatical complexity, the results can be absurd or quite incomprehensible.  Even if you translate a single word from language A to language B, then translate that back to A, you can end up with a significantly different word from that you began with - only very roughly synonymous, or sometimes not even related.

Regards, Michael.

[Edited later to correct a U.R.L. that has recently changed (Trashcan Stories).]

LockedInALocker2010-08-12 23:31:47

Eiakon
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Eiakon »

Thanks for your reply. I was just kidding about the German thing, but there might be something to it after all. XDAnyways, I hope you follow through on your wanting to write some stories. It's just not written about enough... I guess because it is hard to set up a viable plot and it takes a somewhat skilled writer to make an imprisonment somewhat interesting.I have been through Gromet's Plaza.. there's a few that I really liked, such as "Just Another Toy on the Shelf" and "Captivated" that touch on that theme slightly, though not as good as DungeonMouse.There is also a few decent stories at ChainGangGirls.com in their free section. I also have a few stories, albeit more light-hearted, at my DeviantArt but you might need to make an account to view them. Thanks again for your post, and I'm very glad I'm not alone.Eiakon2010-08-10 19:11:21

LockedInALocker
Hopelessly Suspended

[quote="Eiakon"]Anyways, I hope you follow through on your wanting to write some stories. It's just not written about enough... I guess because it is hard to set up a viable plot...[/quote]     That's the problem, at least with regard to my possibly writing stories - not relative in particular to imprisonment themes, but just writing any story.  I do need a plot to hang the story on; I'm not really all that interested in the story being little more than a series of things that A did to B during a bondage session.     I have a few ideas in mind, but I don't want to say too much about them before I actually do something with them (apparently talking about stories before you write them can actually dissipate your energy for writing about them); but promising areas for plots that might feature imprisonment of various kinds would include areas like law enforcement, kidnapping, people smuggling, revenge, and sensory deprivation experiments.  I somehow think something like this would make for a better story than simply a bondage session between A and B where A imprisons B somehow, then eventually lets them out, after doing various things to them.[quote="Eiakon"]... and it takes a somewhat skilled writer to make an imprisonment somewhat interesting.[/quote]     I don't know if the theme would require *more* writing skill than anything else.  To be sure, imprisonment might at times be boring, but you mustn't ever make it boring for the reader.  But there are ways you can convey that a *character* is bored (if the story calls for that) without actually boring the reader.     Since I think I have a feel for the theme, I suspect I might find it *easier* to write about than many other themes I have no experience of or any feel for.  Handicaps I have which may have prevented me writing any stories so far (except for one, which is simply a true account of something that happened to me in a cage) are that: (a) creating good characters is not my strong suit; and (b) I am not very worldly-wise, so that might make it difficult for me to write convincingly about all kinds of background that a story might require.[quote="Eiakon"]I have been through Gromet's Plaza.. there's a few that I really liked, such as "Just Another Toy on the Shelf" and "Captivated" that touch on that theme slightly, though not as good as DungeonMouse.[/quote]     I've read a number of stories there, but there are so many, and many are probably of limited interest to me, so I don't recall having read those particular ones.  I'll take a look at them.[quote="Eiakon"]There is also a few decent stories at ChainGangGirls.com in their free section. I also have a few stories, albeit more light-hearted, at my DeviantArt but you might need to make an account to view them.[/quote]     I'll take a look at those - thanks.[quote="Eiakon"]Thanks again for your post, and I'm very glad I'm not alone.[/quote]     Oh, I don't think you're alone.  I think a quite a few here are interested in that kind of thing, and it's one of the strongest things with me: locking-up interests me more than rope bondage, sex acts, crossdressing, chastity, whatever - in the kinky arena, it pretty well trumps everything for me.  I think my user name gives some idea of one type of locking-up I like a lot.Regards, Michael.

gromet
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by gromet »

Thanks for the idea Michael, I could open an Imprisonment section if I had the stories to post.

As for Dungeonmouse's website, I have a copy of it and could post this up on the website.

LockedInALocker
Hopelessly Suspended

[quote="gromet"]Thanks for the idea Michael, I could open an Imprisonment section if I had the stories to post.[/quote]     Well, that may motivate me to try to gather some of my ideas together.  I have them, but have over the years let them go rather to seed, let my notes become scattered around.  If only I could organize myself, I think I could write, and maybe quite quickly.  My story of a convoluted struggle to escape from a cage I locked myself in and where things went wrong, with all its exhaustive detail designed to mirror the actual exhaustive procedure I went through, was all written in just a couple of hours, all in one session just within hours of the actual event.     That said, I think I have enough ideas for only a few stories - it's not as if I'd be likely to be prolific, and I don't suppose there'd be much merit in basically repeating the same ideas over and over again in different permutations.  A couple of these ideas would fit within an imprisonment situation.     Has anyone else written stories with some kind of imprisonment theme?  (Would it cover only formal prisons, or other situations too, like kidnapping, which had an imprisoning theme?)     I would read an Imprisonment section with interest.  I tend to be interested in the "nuts and bolts" of how imprisoning, secure restraints, and so on are done.  (But all too often in stories when the author describes a procedure or method of restraint, there is either not enough detail so I can't really figure out how it's done, or else lots and lots of detail is given, but not in a sequential or logical order, so I can't put it all together in my mind.)     I once came across an example of this in some book - I have a feeling it may have been "The Silence of the Lambs", although I'm not totally sure.  (Whatever the book was, I didn't read it right through, but flipped through and found this passage by chance.)  A mad, violent murderer was held in a prison cell and the guards had the problem of how to come into his cell safely without being assaulted - which was a high risk, this man was so dangerous.  I seem to recall quite an elaborate procedure that took care of this.  I may not remember all the details, but I think it went something like this: before opening the door, they required him to sit with his back against the bars adjacent to the door (part of the wall was apparently just bars), and poke both his hands backward through the bars, so that they extended outside the cell and into the corridor.  They cuffed them together so that he couldn't move, and then they entered his cell to do whatever they wanted (deliver meals, do a search, or whatever), and then they left, locked the door, and released his hands.  If he refused to cooperate with this, they wouldn't unlock the door, wouldn't come in, and he wouldn't get his meals.  (That may not work for a cell search, though, because he presumably wouldn't want that done anyway, and wouldn't help.)     Something like that.  Is that a standard procedure used by police or prison guards for dangerous prisoners?     Details like that of how things are done in a captivity situation really fascinate me, for some odd reason.  I'm sure there are lots of other tricks of the trade, and I would be interested to read stories featuring them.  Yet I would hesitate to write stories borrowing devices like this that I read elsewhere, as that somehow seems like plagiarism.  And I'm not well-versed enough in this area myself to think of my own techniques.  The one I described out of the book is beautifully simple and effective, and totally secure - and yet just devious enough that I may never have thought of it on my own.     And in real life, when Pentridge Prison (the state of Victoria's main prison until about the 1990s) ceased operation, the two major sections (it was technically two prisons on the same property) were at different times open to sightseeing for a few months - and I made very sure I went on both occasions, and I spent at least half a day seeing everything on both occasions, and was fascinated by all the details of how a prison worked - although I don't pretend I'd like to actually *go* to prison for a sentence, and I don't think I would have been suited to work as a prison officer.  (Probably not nearly tough enough - and I am completely devoid of any ability or desire to be authoritarian.)  But certainly on a certain level prisons do fascinate me, and have done so for as long as I can remember.  I remember people I knew thought I was ghoulish to go and see over a prison like that - although thousands upon thousands of people did.     (I heard that a lot of ex-prisoners did, too.  And I walked into a cell, and a few other people were there; and I heard the man in front of me say to his girlfriend/wife, "This is the cell I was in".)     Another interesting thing I found out was the secure garments prisoners had to wear when receiving visitors.  They were one-piece suits which padlocked on so they couldn't be removed, and the sleeves, neck, and cuffs were tight to make hiding things there almost impossible.  The whole thing was designed to guard against any contraband being smuggled in or out of the prison via the visitors (who presumably had been searched upon entering the prison anyway).     Details like that which are not well-known to the general public fascinate me.     Another example: I read of a case where a prisoner fell ill (or maybe even died - I may be confusing different cases) in a van while being transported, and it was mentioned how the interior of the van was divided into small compartments, with one prisoner in each.  And I immediately wanted to know how many compartments were in there, how big they were, what the walls were made of, how the compartments were arranged, how they locked, and so on - but the news story (of course) didn't go into details like that.  (I would like to see actual photos of a prison van like that.  It seemed almost like a bank of secure lockers to me, all laid out in neat rows.)     So I would probably lap up stories that went into details of that kind relating to imprisonment, prisoner transport, and so on.[quote="gromet"]As for Dungeonmouse's website, I have a copy of it and could post this up on the website.[/quote]     That would interest me.  (Is Dungeonmouse still around somewhere?)     I think someone said it was a Geocities site, and I believe there are various sites that attempted to save as much Geocities material as possible before the plug was pulled, and they display it themselves, although I don't think the owners can change anything - it is a pure archive, nothing more.  It may be worth looking for those, anyone looking for lost Geocities sites.     As well as http://www.archives.org, of course.  I think one of the mirror sites was Geocities.ws, if I remember correctly - and I think there are others too.  (My old Geocities site is partly preserved in one of them.  But maybe it wasn't worth preserving, as it had only a few brief pages which were sort of placeholders and teasers for the more detailed pages I intended to post later - and may still one day if I can organize them properly.)Regards, Michael.

Eiakon
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Eiakon »

Gromet, thanks a lot for posting the archived Dungeonmouse website. I wish he did more than 4 stories on the prison series, though. Man, I loved it.

LockedInALocker
Hopelessly Suspended

[quote="Eiakon"]Gromet, thanks a lot for posting the archived Dungeonmouse website.[/quote]
     Whereabouts? I tried looking both on the forum web site and on the Plaza, but couldn't seem to find it.

[quote="Eiakon"]I wish he did more than 4 stories on the prison series, though. Man, I loved it.[/quote]
     I read those two stories you linked to earlier ("Diedra" and "The Cage"). Were those part of this prison series, or something different?

Regards, Michael.

Eiakon
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Eiakon »

It's in the links area, or here, to make things easy. XDYes, the "Diedra" stories are about a girl serving life in a horrible dungeon.By the way, did you ever read my stories on my DeviantArt? I'm just deciding if they were interesting enough to post in the "Imprisonment" section, if Gromet decides to add it.

LockedInALocker
Hopelessly Suspended

[quote="Eiakon"] It's in the links area, or here, to make things easy.[/quote]
     Thanks for that. The way it was said, I'd got the impression Gromet had reposted the stories on one of the sites he is involved with.

[quote="Eiakon"]XDYes, the "Diedra" stories are about a girl serving life in a horrible dungeon.[/quote]
     Life? What a dreary prospect. And I never quite got what terrible thing she did to deserve this. At least, I didn't seem to find out in the two stories I read, unless I've missed it somehow. I wonder if there are real-life prisons as bad as this one seems to be.

[quote="Eiakon"]By the way, did you ever read my stories on my DeviantArt?[/quote]
     No, I didn't know about them. Is that on www.deviantart.com ? Anyway, I'll hunt for them. But it will have to be a bit later, because I'm actually posting on someone else's computer now, with an hour or so to spare alone, and they are completely straight and so I have to be careful. (I turn on "Private browsing" and clear the relevant cookies when I'm finished. I have their complete permission to use their computer, but they don't know I'm into the kind of stuff I am into.)

[quote="Eiakon"]I'm just deciding if they were interesting enough to post in the "Imprisonment" section, if Gromet decides to add it.[/quote]
     I'll take a look when I'm back home, and freer to spend time on kinky sites.
     There is the occasional mainstream prison story, of course. I'm a bit into science-fiction, and I remember a novel from 1967 by Piers Anthony called "Chthon". Problem is, it's a rather difficult, cryptic novel to read, and I've never finished it, despite over the years having tried to read it 4 or 5 times. It undeniably has an interesting plot, featuring a very grim underground prison and strange and brutal prison society, and some horrible monsters that live underground too - but I don't know if I'll ever actually get to finish it. One of the later passages features a dangerous escape from this prison that is supposedly escape-proof.
     Does anyone else know of good prison stories from mainstream authors?

Regards, Michael.

LockedInALocker2010-08-12 23:25:02

Eiakon
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Eiakon »

In the first story, Diedra claims that she was simply kidnapped for sleeping with the wrong people, so it's not so much a legal prison-prison, more than it is a "powerful people have you removed from society for revenge"-prison.And my DeviantArt is here. Unfortunately if there's an age warning on them, you might hafta make an account.

CaptiveGirl
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by CaptiveGirl »

You can find many stories about that theme in my Yahoo group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/captivegirl/  or in FetLife under my captivegirl nick. I have big fetish about chained prisoner life and nowaday it is big part of my lifestyle.I love chat about thatkind life and I hope that I can find person who want maybe write something about my life , my english skills is very poor that I cant do it :( . You can also find me in Facebook  facebook.com/captivegirl Miisa, CaptiveGirl 

Eiakon
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Eiakon »

Thanks for your response, CaptiveGirl. I did join your group. The stories there were great.

ruru67
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by ruru67 »

[quote="Eiakon"]By the way, did you ever read my stories on my DeviantArt?[/quote]I loved the first two parts of Separated by Steel. Normally, I'm not into "sci-fi" bondage scenarios; I guess I like my fantasies to have an element of achievability to them. But this one safely gets past that.Quite like the "Diedra" stories too, particularly "The Cage".

Eiakon
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Eiakon »

Oh, thank you much. ^_^; Honestly, though, the "sci-fi" element is simply a way to avoid stuff like catheters or "shaving" or any other stuff that I don't find kinky at all. But you probably figured that out.

Garfed
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Garfed »

I can open a story prison if my post. As Dungeonmouse site, I have a copy of it, you can post this up on the site.

gromet
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by gromet »

Dungeonmouse stories can now be viewed online here:

http://www.selfbound.net/dungeonmouse51/home.html

If you have any that I may have missed let me know.

restricted
Forever Mummified

Unread post by restricted »

I used to be weird and kinky. But then I joined Bound Forum and became normal.