review - They Don't Make Them Like They Used Too!

Like a story? Need help writing your own? Post your thoughts and ideas here.
feline
Forever Mummified

RE: review - They Don't Make Them Like They Used Too!

Unread post by feline »

They Don't Make Them Like They Used Too!http://www.grometsplaza.net/selfbound/s ... .htmlafter i finished reading this i spotted the author's name, which made sense of the feeling that "this is a familiar idea", since this story returns to themes that Steff has written about before.there is a lot to really like here, kinky toys, sexy actions, naughtiness...somehow though it also seemed to be lacking something.the first thing that was lacking was any form of wonder or amazement at the "toys".  there is no background, no explanation of this.  if this was set in a world where magic was common place then taking all of this in your stride would be more reasonable, but if that is the case then it needs to be explained.otherwise where is the characters panic?  shock?  amazement?  this is a question that just kept on going around and around in the back of my mind.beyond this, i tended to feel divorced from the characters.  there are a lot of incredible toys / devices here, some great sexy scenes, but it all seemed to much to fast.  i had the sense of jumping from one sex game to the next, but without any real feeling for or sense of the characters.i never felt for, or about, the people, so i never felt as involved in their experiences as i wanted.  i *want* to feel drawn into this, i *want* to feel in her place, and to explore how she feels to suddenly have all of this at her finger tips, but somehow it never happened.it is easy to say this, but really i want to say why, i want to point the author at something and say "this is what i mean".  the closest i can come to this for now is the lack of emotions.  no one ever really seems to feel anything emotionally, they just have orgasms.orgasms are GOOD, i like people having orgasms, but i want to know something about them as well, i want to feel drawn to them as people, and that just did not happen *sigh*

Deslock
Chair Bound

Unread post by Deslock »

Loved the story! Looking forward to more adventures with these toys, especially the silver suit.  Think she should be wearing the suit and tied to a machine that keeps part of her moving as sort of a punishment...really just like the idea of not being able to control oneself.  I will hope that this story will become multiple parts and I will look forward to reading each!  Thanks!

_MiG_
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by _MiG_ »

I also found some of the grammar to be a bit off putting, that, and there's some missed words entirely. You can guess what's meant to be there easily enough, but i can be a bit pedantic about that...

jglasman
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by jglasman »

In general a nice story.
Amazing toys. Would love to hear more about them.
I agree with the previous posts that the story was not all that developed. Way to many great ideas crammed into a small story. Would like the see more orgasm denial experiences. Seamed that those toys should be able to keep Adrian on the edge for while.

I love the thought and the carefull attention that the Author Steff expressed in the consenting nature of the toys. That they could NOT be used on an unwilling victim. For this one detail I would give the story an A.

Also very happy to see the time that the toys were applied. Instead of like many stories that have the restraints applied for days these were only on for hours. Nice to see someone having fun with toys and not making it so serious.

gromet
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by gromet »

[quote=MIG]some of the grammar to be a bit off putting[/quote] Sometimes the authors to the site come from non-english countries and whilst they get their stories across, they may lack the 'correct' grammer. I correct some more obvious one's but other stories would require me to rewrite the whole thing.  I now only change the minor things, otherwise I'd never get them posted. If someone spots a story they find with errors and wants to rewrite or edit it and then send to me for posting that's fine. As in the recent story Mental Institution Weekend. I must say I really enjoyed Steff's story and would love to dicover the whereabouts of the crypt and get some bondage goodies myself.  I encourage others to write their stories and not be put off by grammatics, these things can be put in later if needed and there are others on the forum who would provide some proof reading to the author. Maybe we could set up a volunteer proof reading section on the forum, where members can volunteer their services (and get some sneek peeks into stories). Anyone interested?