stories!

Like a story? Need help writing your own? Post your thoughts and ideas here.

RE: stories!

Unread postby restricted » Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:33 am

[size=15]Judging by what I read, people have trouble putting their ideas down. I am not a story teller or person. I get these ideas and let it flow. Some people don't like them, some do. That is life. [/size]

But if some person sees what I have written and takes the idea and makes it a lot better then I am more than happy.  By the time I have written a story I am fed up with it. I like to read as well. I will not moan that you have copied my ideas. There is only so much you can do. But I would like to see all of my ideas improved. So come on, if you do not think you are an author, put your ideas down so we can see them!

My business is on hold because some  (unprintable), who is designing the web site has dropped me in it. But I wanted it to work so I can leave my kids something. But that is why I have time. But this will not last.

I am having to grovel my way through learning how to design a web site! If you hear a scream, it is me bashing this computer!

restricted2006-07-15 10:41:38
I used to be weird and kinky. But then I joined Bound Forum and became normal.
restricted
Forever Mummified

Unread postby gaggedutopia » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:41 pm

If you need any pointers or get stuck with the web stuff, feel free to drop me a PM or email.  Good Luck.
Bondage Junkies: Bondage. Done. Right.
GU's Story Archive: Stories, Galleries and more!
gaggedutopia
Site Admin

Unread postby phoebe » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:54 pm

[quote="restricted"]I am having to grovel my way through learning how to design a web site! If you hear scream, it is me bashing this computer!
 [/quote]

Cheers for GU! I earlier pm'ed poor restricted with the notion that there must bequite a few technically minded people here in the forum that could helphim out much better than the offer of a giant hammer that I wouldgladly provide him. <grin>

phoebe
phoebe
Forever Mummified

Unread postby JenniferJane » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:09 pm

[size=15]I was once asked what was good for a hangover, and all I could think of was drinking heavily the night before...CryDeadStarLOLConfused[/size]
JenniferJane
Unfettered Newbie

Unread postby feline » Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:08 pm

phoebe, speaking as a technically minded person, a REALLY big hammer is often a very good starting point :)
feline
Forever Mummified

Unread postby phoebe » Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:20 pm

[quote="feline"]phoebe, speaking as a technically minded person, a REALLY big hammer is often a very good starting point :)
[/quote]

feline, God love you and those who truly can grasp these arcane concepts! <grin>

I am forever at sea here...Ermm

phoebe
Forever Mummified

Unread postby roboman » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:18 pm

Best of luck. I use to run a bbs service then after the internet killed bbs's I got involved in doing the software and some site stuff for a multi retailer online shopping center. About the time that fell apart, Doug Adams had a web business that also came apart and stated the reason it failed being that the idea behind most internet business was that if you multiplied zero by a really big number it would be something other then zero :0 Clearly there is money to be made, but in the end the rules of business still apply
roboman
Strict Strappado

Unread postby restricted » Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:06 am

[size=15]Thank you everybody.Nice to know what a friendly bunch you are!

I have one poor soul trying to help by doing it for free and he will have a part in the business of course, but he has to work as well! I can appreciate what he is doing, and I cannot rush him, although I would like to to get it going!

It is nothing like this wonderful site. It will just let you see everything about towns in the UK and eventually who knows where!

But I have just threatened my computer with an 88mm cannon and it seems to have decided to let me change one or two bits. I do it, and when I save it as HTML, it will not let me change it any further. Until now!Angry

I don't expect to make pots of money. All I want is to pay the chap who is helping me at present and pay back my debts. I have used my pension money, to the extent that I would have to work for another six years to clear it. But one doctor has only given me that long anyway! By the time my problems get to be serious, I will be too old to do anything about it. That is roughly what he meant to say. Except he put it as, "you will be sixty five by then, that should be enough!" [/size]Unhappy Great. I would have topped myself there and then by throwing myself under a bus, but they are so bad around here, I would have died of starvation waiting for one to come along!
[size=12][/size] 
[size=12]So I suppose that I would go out with a nice lump sum that way for my wife and kids! Problem solved![/size]
[size=12][/size] 
[size=12]Now where's my hammer! Back to the web work![/size]
restricted2006-07-15 10:53:39
restricted
Forever Mummified

Unread postby feline » Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:57 pm

restricted, cannot you edit the HTML off line, test it off line, and only think about trying to upload it once it is all finished?

if you have not heard of it, try looking at this:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/

there is a free web developer version, this should contain the tools required to both develop and run websites all on your local computer.

i am not sure what the hardware requirements for this are though.

personally i don't really get involved in web development, but i know of it and some of the tools people tend to use.
feline
Forever Mummified

Unread postby restricted » Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:24 am

Thank you feline. There is W3.Schools.com. I will give that one a try as well!
restricted
Forever Mummified

Unread postby Darkraptor1 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:00 pm

If you're trying to build a website and it's your first time, I would recomend trying Tripod's free service.  I was a complete newcomer to building websites and I was able to get mine up in about an hour with no instruction.  You can get a taste of what you can get here.

I'm considering starting a new site on angelfire, so I'll try to check back with how that works.
Darkraptor1
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread postby restricted » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:49 pm

[size=15]Thank you darkraptor. I have looked at several sites that do web hosting. The chap who is struggling trying to do the enhanced listing has formed a company with a girl who does designs.  
But I think that judging by thei book I am trying to read about wysiwigs etc I shoud get somewhere before the next fortnight. If not, I will go to to a site such as suggested.  [/size]
restricted
Forever Mummified

Return to Story Discussion