review - The Big Match

Like a story? Need help writing your own? Post your thoughts and ideas here.

RE: review - The Big Match

Unread postby feline » Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:52 pm

The Big Match

http://www.grometsplaza.net/boundstories/storiesad/big_match.html

to be honest this is something of a mystery to me.  the story, in isolation, is very good.  the writing is smooth, flowing, and easy to read.

the characters are well drawn, the bondage is fun, sexy, and does a very good job of betting my attention.

however i am not viewing the story in isolation, it is by the same author, and has the same characters, as one of my long time favourite stories:

http://www.grometsplaza.net/boundstories/storieslr/roped.html

yet i do not know if this happens before or after roped in to entertain.  certainly it does not reach the same heights of bondage, sex, teasing, or various other things as roped into entertain.

so because i am comparing it to this, and other stories by the same author i was rather disappointed.  not because it was bad, it was in fact very good, but because it seemed to simple and tame compared to other stories involving the same people.

just make it clear this was a prelude and it would all have made so much more sense Smile
feline
Forever Mummified

Unread postby gromet » Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:52 am

The author, Archie hasn't written in some while, so this is a toe back into the water so to speak.

The garden series is an excellent read on my part by this author.
gromet
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread postby feline » Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:52 pm

in that case we must encourage the returning Archie!!!

i miss seeing new stories by this author appear *sigh*
feline
Forever Mummified

Unread postby Archie » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:54 am

Thanks for your kind comments feline.

The problem is I never planned my writing, I just wrote what came, a very amateur mistake I’m afraid.
In defence I might say that sometimes you go and have a gourmet meal in a posh restaurant and then next time you might go and have pizza. It’s the same in relationships, sometimes it’s an all weekend session, sometimes it’s a quickie. So I still haven’t worked out if ‘The Big Match’ comes before or after ‘Roped in to Entertain’.

However I can see where the disappointment comes in and I will see if I can address that in some way in future. The stories going around in my head at present involve different characters.

As Gromet said, ‘Archie hasn't written in some while’. Well that’s the real world getting in the way I’m sorry.

Archie
Unfettered Newbie

Unread postby _MiG_ » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:42 am

Was pretty good, by my standards :)
_MiG_
Tightly Hogtied

Return to Story Discussion